Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm more worried about the quality of the roster we're icing, not the psyche or the reputation. This team thinks they can win. They shouldn't be professional athletes if they don't. But inevitably Zuccarello is gonna disappear, the defense is gonna go limp (because Brodin and Spurgeon historically can't play the playoff style effectively, and the rest of the D is pretty mediocre), and we have yet to have a goalie maintain an adequate level of play from the regular season into the playoffs.

I'd say this team is heavily relying on Kaprizov to go God mode, but he scored 7 goals in 6 games last year and they still couldn't win. We're going to need that, AND Boldy's line to keep scoring 1-2 goals per game, AND Evason to go straight to Gus, AND Gus to keep his play up. Maybe this is the year we finally get over the hump and win a second round playoff game, but if we don't, it's not gonna be the psyche and reputation that sink us. It's going to be the lack of talent and the mediocre coaching that sink us. Again.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

P10p

May 15, 2012
I'm more worried about the quality of the roster we're icing, not the psyche or the reputation. This team thinks they can win. They shouldn't be professional athletes if they don't. But inevitably Zuccarello is gonna disappear, the defense is gonna go limp (because Brodin and Spurgeon historically can't play the playoff style effectively, and the rest of the D is pretty mediocre), and we have yet to have a goalie maintain an adequate level of play from the regular season into the playoffs.

I'd say this team is heavily relying on Kaprizov to go God mode, but he scored 7 goals in 6 games last year and they still couldn't win. We're going to need that, AND Boldy's line to keep scoring 1-2 goals per game, AND Evason to go straight to Gus, AND Gus to keep his play up. Maybe this is the year we finally get over the hump and win a second round playoff game, but if we don't, it's not gonna be the psyche and reputation that sink us. It's going to be the lack of talent and the mediocre coaching that sink us. Again.

So the whole proven industry of sports psychology can go to hell because, after all, it is as simple as "if they don't think they should win they shouldn't be here."

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
But inevitably Zuccarello is gonna disappear
Already has... pretty brutal 2nd half of the season... just got exponentially worse once Kap went down.
We went from hearing how he was a PPG player all the way up to the start of the new year... then... not so much.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So the whole proven industry of sports psychology can go to hell because, after all, it is as simple as "if they don't think they should win they shouldn't be here."

If your mentality going into the playoffs is "we're going to lose because this organization lost last year", you shouldn't be a professional athlete, yes.

P10p

May 15, 2012
If your mentality going into the playoffs is "we're going to lose because this organization lost last year", you shouldn't be a professional athlete, yes.

But that's not what you originally said so.....

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
But that's not what you originally said so.....

Ok man
hero-image.fill.size_1248x702.v1611611940.jpg

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
:deadhorse

Why are you talking about him? You know very well he was hurt...
Because his job as a 1st line player is to score and help us win. When the post season hits, there’s always an excuse for why he isn’t producing.

The team should consider putting Nyquist in that spot if Zucc continues to struggle down the line when Kaprizov returns.

Judd Zulgad said it best in the Skor North podcast today: “he makes plays that lose you playoff games.”

Reactions: TaLoN

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Because his job as a 1st line player is to score and help us win. When the post season hits, there’s always an excuse for why he isn’t producing.

The team should consider putting Nyquist in that spot if Zucc continues to struggle down the line when Kaprizov returns.

Judd Zulgad said it best in the Skor North podcast today: “he makes plays that lose you playoff games.”

I'm a big fan of this if Zuccarello ghosts in the playoffs again. Having Nyquist in the bottom six can't hurt, but it's also not really where he should be. If Zuccarello isn't gonna shit, he can get off the pot.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Neither of those are actually 0
Certainly a figurative 0 , obviously not a statistical 0. There is no imaginable event or scenario that is an actual statistical 0. There is always a probability of any one of an infinite amount of imaginable events occurring.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Certainly a figurative 0 , obviously not a statistical 0. There is no imaginable event or scenario that is an actual statistical 0. There is always a probability of any one of an infinite amount of imaginable events occurring.

Are you genuinely suggesting Dallas getting less than 80% of available points in their remaning games has a figurative 0 percent chance of happening?

Consider that their overall point percentage is 63,6%, and 55% in their last 10 GP.

Reactions: TaLoN

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I'm a big fan of this if Zuccarello ghosts in the playoffs again. Having Nyquist in the bottom six can't hurt, but it's also not really where he should be. If Zuccarello isn't gonna shit, he can get off the pot.
I just have a gut feeling Nyquist would gel well with Gaudreau. From what I'm reading Nyquist sounds very similar - versatile, responsible, but leans into more of the skill side vs the game. Just faster. It might give us a 3rd line that can put up some points.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I just have a gut feeling Nyquist would gel well with Gaudreau. From what I'm reading Nyquist sounds very similar - versatile, responsible, but leans into more of the skill side vs the game. Just faster. It might give us a 3rd line that can put up some points.

It's probable. But if the Zuccarello of the last few years shows up in the playoffs again, I'd rather give someone else a shot on that top line. A third line that can add a goal here and there would be a nice luxury, but having that Kaprizov line firing on all cylinders is a necessity if this team wants to go anywhere.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Are you genuinely suggesting Dallas getting less than 80% of available points in their remaning games has a figurative 0 percent chance of happening?

Consider that their overall point percentage is 63,6%, and 55% in their last 10 GP.
I am suggesting that given their remaining schedule , the relative health of their team and a significant amount of other variables that is is entirely probably that they get a minimum of 8 pts of the remaining 10. Tell me what two of those games you see them losing???? I could easily see the wild losing to the Jets and Preds who are still competing for their lives. The wild have obviously quit competing after the performance I just witnessed the last two games. The first period of the last game was one of the most pathetic efforts I’ve ever witness them put forth live. It was mind numbing.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It's probable. But if the Zuccarello of the last few years shows up in the playoffs again, I'd rather give someone else a shot on that top line. A third line that can add a goal here and there would be a nice luxury, but having that Kaprizov line firing on all cylinders is a necessity if this team wants to go anywhere.
So, what you’re saying is we need to “demote” Kap down to complete the best 3rd line in hockey bb! Kap-Gaudreau-Nyquist!

• Haha

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It’s hard to predict what Nyquist will bring to the team after such a long layoff. Ideally he’d be on a secondary scoring line, if he’s right, but you don’t want to mess with the Boldy/MJo dynamic. Kap/Zucc, either, so I guess it’s with Freddy and … it’ll probably be Foligno. :dunno:

If nothing else, Nyquist should be a boost for the #2PP, which is atrocious.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I am suggesting that given their remaining schedule , the relative health of their team and a significant amount of other variables that is is entirely probably that they get a minimum of 8 pts of the remaining 10. Tell me what two of those games you see them losing???? I could easily see the wild losing to the Jets and Preds who are still competing for their lives. The wild have obviously quit competing after the performance I just witnessed the last two games. The first period of the last game was one of the most pathetic efforts I’ve ever witness them put forth live. It was mind numbing.
Is that why the Stars recently lost to the Canucks AT HOME? Is that why the Predators have been only .500 in their last 10 and the Stars have been better by only a shootout loss?

I could easily see losses to the Knights and one of the two vs the Blues

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Is that why the Stars recently lost to the Canucks AT HOME? Is that why the Predators have been only .500 in their last 10 and the Stars have been better by only a shootout loss?

I could easily see losses to the Knights and one of the two vs the Blues
Knights yes , blues no

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I’m curious what the reaction is going to be when Fluery gets game 1 again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad