Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I meant more in line with would they have called Rossi/Walker/Beckman up instead to keep a skill guy with Kap.
Beckman and Walker injured, and I think they are committed to leaving Rossi down there, but I could be wrong.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Pretty much locked in against the Avs or Stars now. Probably the Avs ……and we’d need to go 5-0 the rest of the way to have home ice. We will be punted in 5 games again unceremoniously and 90% if MN fans will call it a great season as the boys dust off their golf clubs in April once again.
I think the division is the Avs to lose at this point, I'm betting we're facing the Stars. Question is, which team gets home ice...

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Could end up as 3rd, only 1 point in those two Vegas games really hurts.

Next the VERY desperate Penguins in their barn will be another tough one.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
3rd is fine. Home ice isn't what it used to be and Dallas isn't anything special.

Yeah, I've even heard some say that there is a benefit to starting the post season on the road. More team unity/focus, so they say.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
3rd is fine. Home ice isn't what it used to be and Dallas isn't anything special.
Disagree I think Dallas is worst matchup for Wild. I think they are deeper than Colorado and Oetinger was lights out in playoffs last year and has shut down Wild in 3 of 4 games this year

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Dallas and Avs have ridiculously easy schedules the rest the way , I mean we do as well but as was said only 1/4 pts vs VGK pretty much ended our hopes of facing the Kraken or Jets. That’s stings becuase I don’t see this group having any chance at all of making it past Dallas or Avs. Those teams have proven they can win when it matters. Our group has proven that they will be out coached and outplayed 100% of the time. I was just starting to get sucked in too. That goal against us with 34 seconds left last game may have been the one that ends the season early as usual. I hope I’m wrong and I’ve been wrong a lot this year so who knows.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Dallas and Avs have ridiculously easy schedules the rest the way , I mean we do as well but as was said only 1/4 pts vs VGK pretty much ended our hopes of facing the Kraken or Jets. That’s stings becuase I don’t see this group having any chance at all of making it past Dallas or Avs. Those teams have proven they can win when it matters. Our group has proven that they will be out coached and outplayed 100% of the time. I was just starting to get sucked in too. That goal against us with 34 seconds left last game may have been the one that ends the season early as usual. I hope I’m wrong and I’ve been wrong a lot this year so who knows.
Dallas has proven they can win when it matters? Based on what? 3 years ago?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
A couple weeks ago? Sure, now? Not so much.

Wild play the Pens, Blues, Hawks, Jets and Preds left.
Dallas plays Flyers, Vegas, Wings, Blues and Blues

I'd call that a wash at this point.

It's the Avs to lose. They have the easiest path and the position currently.

We can still have home ice vs the Stars

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I looked at Stars and Wild playoff stats since the 18-19 season..

Stars have played 47 games, won 25.
Wild have played 17 games, won 6.

:help:

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008

Marc-André Fleury 159 playoff wins
Jake Oettinger 3 playoff wins
:oh dear:

*past performance means jack shit in the NHL playoffs

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Marc-André Fleury 159 playoff wins
Jake Oettinger 3 playoff wins
:oh dear:

*past performance means jack shit in the NHL playoffs
Well until the wild prove they can win a series they are easy fodder for any team playing decent.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

You realize that Zucc has played a big part in not advancing in the playoffs, right?

1 in 4
3 in 7
4 in 6

Just as bad as Fiala disappearing in the playoffs, and Fiala didn’t have Kaprizov on his line to inflate his point totals.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
A couple weeks ago? Sure, now? Not so much.

Wild play the Pens, Blues, Hawks, Jets and Preds left.
Dallas plays Flyers, Vegas, Wings, Blues and Blues

I'd call that a wash at this point.

It's the Avs to lose. They have the easiest path and the position currently.

We can still have home ice vs the Stars
Yes , it’s a wash and they have the tie breaker. The chances the stars get less than 8pts out of that stretch is probably 0. The chances we get 9-10 is probably 0.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
You realize that Zucc has played a big part in not advancing in the playoffs, right?

1 in 4
3 in 7
4 in 6

Just as bad as Fiala disappearing in the playoffs, and Fiala didn’t have Kaprizov on his line to inflate his point totals.
:deadhorse

Why are you talking about him? You know very well he was hurt...

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If we're this afraid of Colorado/Dallas, what' the point of winning the first round anyway? Just to hope that MacKinnon/Makar/Robertson/Oettinger gets hurt before we play them? f*** that.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
If we're this afraid of Colorado/Dallas, what' the point of winning the first round anyway? Just to hope that MacKinnon/Makar/Robertson/Oettinger gets hurt before we play them? f*** that.
I for one am looking forward to beating both, only things I fear are late season injuries and Gus running out of gas.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
It’s called having a little success and getting the monkey off their back. Can you imagine the psyche of a team that knows their predecessors legacy and then knows their own ineptitude and then goes to the playoffs again and gets blasted in 4-5 games by a barely above average opponent just like last year? Might as well blow it up after that becomes the norm because you’ll never get that stench off them. I’d have preferred them not make it at all vs backing in and getting drubbed in the first round again.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It’s called having a little success and getting the monkey off their back. Can you imagine the psyche of a team that knows their predecessors legacy and then knows their own ineptitude and then goes to the playoffs again and gets blasted in 4-5 games by a barely above average opponent just like last year? Might as well blow it up after that becomes the norm because you’ll never get that stench off them. I’d have preferred them not make it at all vs backing in and getting drubbed in the first round again.
Can you imagine the psyche of a team that just beat Dallas/Colorado as the road underdog?

Last year went to 6 games, by the way.

Not all of us have "blow it up" as our default setting, so no, I don't think that a 1st round loss this automatically has to lead directly to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad