Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Anyone else realize that Dumba is at just 13 points this year in 73 games? Man I knew he was having a tough year offensively but wow. At this rate he might be out of the league in a few years. Still has a lot of plus level traits but he’s playing at a bottom pair level.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Anyone else realize that Dumba is at just 13 points this year in 73 games? Man I knew he was having a tough year offensively but wow. At this rate he might be out of the league in a few years. Still has a lot of plus level traits but he’s playing at a bottom pair level.

I was thinking it's because Dumba no longer gets any PP minutes, but he actually has 9 less even strength points than last year despite playing 15 more games.

Outscored by Reaves, oof.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Funny thing is that when you see him play live, he still looks to have all his speed. While his shot might not be what it once was, it still has noticeably more zip than most players. Still hits like a guy 2-3 “ taller and 20lbs. heavier. Is very close to leading the team in PIM’s(Hartman). BTW, funny stat. Potty mouth Brodin has more PIM’s than Reaves.:laugh:

In other words, I don’t see any signs of age catching up to him. The guy is a physical freak, even in a league filled with them. I think he’s a guy who needs a change in scenery, and when he does get it, will have at least one very productive year.

I also think that if Guerin can sign him for another year or so at 3.5M, he will. I know he doesn’t want to hand a NHL job to Faber, and he doesn’t seem to like Addison. Dumba might go for it, but he is probably better off going somewhere else. It remains to be seen whether he gets exposed in a new setting, or he rediscovers his game.

Last edited:

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zucc, you don't need to climb a wobbling ladder, send a 4th liner up there...

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
The best we can hope for is a meteor strike.
Make It Happen.gif

Reactions: TaLoN

P10p

May 15, 2012
Ek with his first 60 point season.

MoJo gets, rightfully so, a lot of credit for getting Boldy going. But Ek also has 1g 10a over his last 9 games on that line as well.

Very good year for him. His career trajectory has been great to follow.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN

MoJo gets, rightfully so, a lot of credit for getting Boldy going. But Ek also has 1g 10a over his last 9 games on that line as well.

Wow, now that surprised me a bit. I was thinking he was around the 50 mark, but that's fantastic.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011

Ek's been a bit of a late bloomer, but I guess it's to be expected when he was put in a bottom-6 role before he was properly NHL ready. It's been nice to see him pull of the occasional skill move, like that no-look pass to Mojo against Avs.

He's also been improving year to year on the faceoffs, slowly approaching that rare (for a Wild C) 50% mark.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Ek's been a bit of a late bloomer, but I guess it's to be expected when he was put in a bottom-6 role before he was properly NHL ready. It's been nice to see him pull of the occasional skill move, like that no-look pass to Mojo against Avs.

He's also been improving year to year on the faceoffs, slowly approaching that rare (for a Wild C) 50% mark.
Wait , you mean skill guys won’t flourish if you deploy them with scrubs in the bottom 6?

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
No dog in the fight but wanted to come by to say Bill Guerin is a great GM. The trades, the draft, even the buyouts. Very impressed.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
No dog in the fight but wanted to come by to say Bill Guerin is a great GM. The trades, the draft, even the buyouts. Very impressed.
Many, including myself, have questioned every single thing he's done since taking over (outside of drafts) and continue to be proven wrong. We're just hoping to get past the forst round this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad