Proposal: Minnesota - Ottawa Blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
This is going to be hated but whatever...

to Ottawa Senators
Boldy (6y @ $7.0000m)
Gustavsson (2y @ $3.7500m)
[ retain 25% $1.0m Korpisalo ]
2024 MIN 2nd Round Pick
TOTAL CAP = $11.7500m

to Minnesota Wild
Tkachuk (4y @ $8.2058m)
Korpisalo 25% retained (4y @ $3.0000m)
2024 OTT 4th Round Pick
TOTAL CAP = $11.2058m
Minnesota gives up the better pick, better goaltender, and a player that very likely will outproduce Tkachuk next year and has a lower cap hit and longer contract. I don't see Tkachuk's phsyicality as valuable enough to consider this trade from a Minnesota POV. Pretty easy pass.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Minnesota gives up the better pick, better goaltender, and a player that very likely will outproduce Tkachuk next year and has a lower cap hit and longer contract. I don't see Tkachuk's phsyicality as valuable enough to consider this trade from a Minnesota POV. Pretty easy pass.
Ottawa already passed on your original post, and every subsequent one.

Might as well get your own thread shut down then.

Reactions: Bileur

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What on earth makes you think boldy out produces Tkachuk?! Lol. Wacko thread.

OP offers player for Tkachuk and by the end of the thread, is vociferously arguing about how much better that player is than Tkachuk.

Never change HF.
Insanity.

Reactions: Bileur and Masked

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis

Insanity.
Probably the fact that he had the same points per 60 last season and will probably be playing on a line with Kaprizov instead of Marcus Johansson this year and is younger than Brady.

Also, OP never said Boldy was better. He said Boldy will score more than Tkachuk. He proposed a straight up trade, not one where we take a worse goalie with a long contract and downgrade draft picks.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Probably the fact that he had the same points per 60 last season and will probably be playing on a line with Kaprizov instead of Marcus Johansson this year and is younger than Brady.

Also, OP never said Boldy was better. He said Boldy will score more than Tkachuk. He proposed a straight up trade, not one where we take a worse goalie with a long contract and downgrade draft picks.

Sounds like you've got the better player already, since he'll outscore Tkachuk and physicality isn't a thing. Not to mention, he's younger and he's on a longer contract for cheaper.

I bet the OP feels pretty dumb about his original post now.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

What about the previous year when Brady had significantly more points than boldy did at the same age while being the most physical forward in hockey. There's a reason why Minnesota fans are proposing the trade.

No one in their right mind does either deal From the sens perspective.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Cause he literally had a higher point per game this year?
OP offers player for Tkachuk and by the end of the thread, is vociferously arguing about how much better that player is than Tkachuk.

Never change HF.
You don't know what you're talking about.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What about the previous year when Brady had significantly more points than boldy did at the same age while being the most physical forward in hockey. There's a reason why Minnesota fans are proposing the trade.

Tkachuk age 21 season
17 goals, 36 points, 0.64 p/g

Boldy age 21 season
31 goals, 63 points, 0.78 p/g

Tkachuk age 22 season
30 goals, 67 points, 0/85 p/g

Boldy age 22 season
29 goals, 69 points, 0.92 p/g

Tkachuk age 23 season
35 goals, 83 points, 1.01 p/g

Boldy age 23 season
hasn't happened yet

Tkachuk's age 24 season was also a lower (but basically identical) p/g to Boldy's age 22 season, this past year.

Of course there's also the notion that Tkachuk has been in the league for six years now, there's a pretty good chance that he's developed all he's going to, whereas Boldy has been here for three years, and may develop further still (we can assume this is possible because Tkachuk wasn't anything more than a 45 point forward through his first three years before taking a step forward in his fourth year, which Boldy will be entering in four months).

Don't really care if no one in their right mind does this deal from a Senators perspective, but I hope this provides some insight that you didn't have previously.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Tkachuk age 21 season
17 goals, 36 points, 0.64 p/g

Boldy age 21 season
31 goals, 63 points, 0.78 p/g

Tkachuk age 22 season
30 goals, 67 points, 0/85 p/g

Boldy age 22 season
29 goals, 69 points, 0.92 p/g

Tkachuk age 23 season
35 goals, 83 points, 1.01 p/g

Boldy age 23 season
hasn't happened yet

Of course there's also the notion that Tkachuk has been in the league for six years now, there's a pretty good chance that he's developed all he's going to, whereas Boldy has been here for three years, and may develop further still (we can assume this is possible because Tkachuk wasn't anything more than a 45 point forward through his first three years before taking a step forward in his fourth year (which Boldy will be entering in four months).

Don't really care if no one in their right mind does this deal from a Senators perspective, but I hope this provides some insight that you didn't have previously.

This reminds me of the Stutzle vs. Kaprisov poll only in reverse.

Funny stuff.

You really should be going after the OP who would make such an absurd trade proposal given how great Boldy is already while Tkachuk is a plateaued talent whose physicality has no real impact on the game.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

My initial trade proposal was Yurov+#13+Hartman on CF. Yurov being the guy that Wild fans expect to be the future 1C rather soon. Sens fans there insisted on Boldy. I just brought it here for a larger discussion. I've pissed off both fanbases in the process, which is usually a sound indicator that it's close in value.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This reminds me of the Stutzle vs. Kaprisov poll only in reverse.

Funny stuff.
I may still be here if you decide you have anything relevant and productive to share in the future. Thanks for the +1 reaction score.

You really should be going after the OP who would make such an absurd trade proposal given how great Boldy is already while Tkachuk is a plateaued talent whose physicality has no real impact on the game.

Well, besides the straw man arguments.

• Haha
Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Whatever you need to tell yourself to not be up in your feelings pal.

I'm getting this impression from this thread that Matt Boldy is this up and coming kid with his entire future ahead of him, while Brady Tkachuk is this worn out warhorse who has peaked already.

Boldy is 23 and Tkachuk is 24 (will be 25 in September).

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm getting this impression from this thread that Matt Boldy is this up and coming kid with his entire future ahead of him, while Brady Tkachuk is this worn out warhorse who has peaked already.

Boldy is 23 and Tkachuk is 24 (will be 25 in September).

That's the emotional part of your brain clouding your ability to comprehend what you're reading and building a straw man to protect your feelings.

The reality is no one has said or suggested that.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
That's the emotional part of your brain clouding your ability to comprehend what you're reading and building a straw man to protect your feelings.

The reality is no one has said or suggested that.

If Boldy is just as good a producer as Brady as soon as next year, and physicality does't matter, why on Earth would you trade him for Brady Tkachuk?

I assume if it's that obvious, everyone will agree.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If Boldy is just as good a producer as Brady as soon as next year, as physicality does't matter, why on Earth would you trade him for Brady Tkachuk?

There's a lot to unpack here that you're offbase about but it doesn't seem possible to have a rational discussion with you at this time because you're taking this so personally. You would think Wild fans as a whole kicked your dog or something.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis

And here come the whataboutisms. Don't move the goalposts now. You asked the question. I answered it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad