Proposal: Mcdavid to Vancouver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
McDavid isn’t going anywhere, and the Nucks or anyone else can’t afford to trade for him.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I personally wouldn’t trade Hughes for McDavid.
The guy is a phenom offensively, but garbage in his own end, and hasn’t won a damn thing.
That’s not just on his team. He is no leader at all. Just a hot dogger who puts up points

This thread is dumb. Everyone knows, even if the Oilers got an incredible package for McDavid, they’d still be back to picking 1st overall every year, and probably ruin every pick and prospect they got in the trade.
And good luck disputing that.
Before McDavid, Oilers were picking 1st overall every other year at least.
They are much better at wasting high picks than developing them.

Im sure he loves living in Edmonton

Comments like these lead to harsh replies about the Canucks and their fans. Wouldn't trade Hughes for McDavid. Takes the cake today.

That warrants an ignore. Utter nonsense.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
Comments like these lead to harsh replies about the Canucks and their fans. Wouldn't trade Hughes for McDavid. Takes the cake today.

That warrants an ignore. Utter nonsense.
Not because Hughes is better. Obviously not.
McDavid is the best offensive player in the world right now.
12.5 mill for a player that only plays in one end of the ice is silly and ruins any teams cap structure.
I wouldn’t want that co tract on my team regardless of who is attached to it

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
Not because Hughes is better. Obviously not.
McDavid is the best offensive player in the world right now.
12.5 mill for a player that only plays in one end of the ice is silly and ruins any teams cap structure.
I wouldn’t want that co tract on my team regardless of who is attached to it

Please just stop posting. Your homer glasses is covering your screen.

Joe Rogan

Jun 21, 2019
Can't wait to see the tears when we pass the grease fire in the standings, but those prime years haven't been wasted hey?:popcorn:

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Why would Colorado this? They don't get better offensively by losing Makar and Mac, and these players can actually play defense.

Colorado easily says no.
Mac puts up hella points too, and is way more round of a player.
Makar is one of the top 3 Dmen in the league.

No question they say no

First off not not advocating either way just fun seeing thread thought of this. As to answer your question why would Avs consider this my thought process is following. Avs have one of the deepest if not deepest offensive blue lines in league Makar, Toews, Girard and Byram. Now Makar is definitely the best but consider if he was gone you still have three guys that can handle more minutes easily and really how much do you lose offensively? Remember these three would eat up the most of the lost Makar minutes not all obviously. Again Makar is top 5 in league I agree but the three you have left behind him are no slouches. Now the difference with the added minutes those three would swallow and what Makar brings is that close to difference between McDavid and Mack? Personally don't see either team doing this as Mack could walk in 1.5 years.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
Please just stop posting. Your homer glasses is covering your screen.
The team I follow doesn’t even need to come into the equation.
McD’s contract is impossible to build around. See current oilers team for evidence.
It’s cause major over payments to other players.
There is zero room left for a real goalie or dline.

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
The team I follow doesn’t even need to come into the equation.
McD’s contract is impossible to build around. See current oilers team for evidence.
It’s cause major over payments to other players.
There is zero room left for a real goalie or dline.

Please just stop. This is embarrassing.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
:whaaa?:

As in you believe current Oilers rosters with McDavid has a better chance of winning the cup than:

- McDavid
+ Miller
+ Horvat
+ Boeser
+ Pettersson
+ Hughes
+ Demko
+ Garland

:whaaa?:
Problem is neither team is built to win so its a wash..move on...

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
To any other team - Connor McDavid and every questionable/bad contract thr Oilers have (Turris, Kassian, Keith, Koskinen)

To Edmonton - a 2C, 1D, 1G, a dependable third line, and the next 5 first round picks and top 2 or 3 prospects.

So basically, if you aren't fixing every hole on the Oilers roster for multiple years, don't bother.

That's why this thread and every mcdavid thread is pointless. What's the point of having mcdavid if you strip your team of every other quality? Edmonton has already shown that won't lead to success.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
Well, it's better than having no depth and no McDavid...like the Canucks.

C'mon now, I get that McDavid is going nowhere, I get that this whole thread is an exercise in futility, but to say that we have the same amount of depth?

If we have the same amount of depth what you are telling me then is that the Hockey Gods gift to Edmonton is worth...let me check the standings, three points?

It plays out the same no matter how you slice his career thus far, he and Draisaitl drag the wagon as fast and far as they can 16-7 start. They eventually can't overcome the lack of depth, and your last 10 look like 2-6-2.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Once again, McDavid would be achieving individual accomplishments anywhere. . Edmonton hasn’t provided him w the support to make those mean anything OTHER than individual accomplishments. . If you think the Oilers haven’t been wasting years of his career, you do you

For clarification purposes, though I think this is obvious , McDavid is doing a fine job with his career, the Edmonton organization is not

So drafting him 1st OA was nothing for his career? Paying him 12.5M for 8 years(giving him the job solidarity for 8 years) does nothing for his career? Having a roster for him to even play hockey with is nothing for his career? Idk they could of let him rot in the AHL for 5+ years, but yeah they've done nothing for him, he has the hardware because they gave him an opportunity rather than forcing him to the A to develop, once again you're wrong here. Any player drafted by an NHL team that gets a chance to play in the NHL has been helped out in their careers.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Dream on
If Mcdavid decides he wants a change of scenery he sure as hell ain’t going to a divisional rival

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
Truth sucks eh?
Enjoy your team decent to the bottom.
Even your goalie has given up on that tire fire. Lol.

You know I am a Nucks fan, right?

Had to call you out even if we are cheering for the same team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad