Proposal: Mcdavid to Vancouver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Yep. I’m just saying I think McD is untouchable so if you are going to make a pitch for him it will require addressing their biggest need.
Ok, if you say so

Demko for McDavid straight up as it adresses your biggest need right now :naughty:

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
It's a complete joke to think you can get McDavid for a lesser player, one average player and trash

I think it's more of a joke that ppl think a team would gut their roster for 1 player. U know despite the hype the Oilers get, they haven't won shit with McDavid. So maybe their is the argument that u don't really need a superstar. You need depth and goaltending and Maybe paying guys 12 million a year handcuffs u in other ways. Throw in draisaitl and nurse and that's 3 players who haven't won anything making 30 million combined.

Vancouver says no.

Funny. McDavid eichel matthews... good players.. generational probably.. yet none of them have won anything except individual awards. That's great but what's more important in a team game? The teams success or that 1 individual? It's the team isn't it? Nobody gutting the roster for these guys.

Reactions: Huffer and gianni

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Your not wrong, but I don’t think any suit wearer is going to be known as “the guy who traded mcdavid” but then again Gretzky was traded so what the h*ll do I know

Yes Gretzky was traded but it required a bankrupt owner and a player that wanted to hang with movie stars.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
When there's smoke, there's fire. He's definitely going to choose to sooner than later if things don't change rapidly. It's not sacrilegious to speculate, good grief.

There No smoke . Fans posting on HF board doesn't not mean there is smoke , Stop smoking and posting ,

Reactions: TFHockey

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
3 art Ross trophies 2 Hart's, 3 Pearsons.

It's like your username common sense not so common!

I didnt know that Hart, Art Ross and Pearsons are team awards? Have you lifted banners for theese in Edmonton? Some teams value Stanley Cup and others seem to like individual awards better? McDrai can continue to cherrypick stats and forget defense if only Art Rosses come to Alberta...

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
It's a complete joke to think you can get McDavid for a lesser player, one average player and trash

The trash was actually coming from Edmonton- Kassian. Since when is Garland average and Poolman+ 1st rounder trash? Garland is absolutely a better player than Hyman and on a better contract.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Let's look for Edmonton Needs first of all.
A goalie, Star Center player replacement, Depth + Future.

Demko is elite, He has to be in the deal.
1 Star Player + Top Prospect would have to be involved
+ Multiple 1st round picks.

My for fun offer would be (If I wanted to basically blow up the canucks lol)

Demko - Would Stabilize the position for half a decade or more (Has top 3 goalie potential)
EP40 - On a slump, but everybody knows his talent.
Podkolzin / Hoglander - Young high upside prospect/players who would help the depth scoring
2 1st round picks - Future pieces, Or could be used in trades to free up cap or get more depth.

Would I do it? Honestly, no.
Way to much to give up, It would cripple the Canucks honestly. Losing Demko alone would be a massive blow, Upgrading Mcdavid for EP40 + our Depth + our Future would basically mean we have to win, and win now.
Also would need to have some guarantee that Mcdavid would stay.

I doubt the goalie is the problem in edmonton. Its the team. Defense is bad and their centers dont backcheck. Doesnt matter who you put in goal, if theres no team-defense. Its been the same for years and every year Edmonton fans blame their goalies. Suddenly when they swap teams, the goalies get better. Must be luck?

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
To Vancouver: Connor Mcdavid

To Edmonton: Bo Horvat, Elias Petterson, Vasili Podkolzin, 1st round pick 2022, 1st round pick 2023
Change Petterson to Hughes and Pod to Demko and it's something.

IF Connor or Leon were ever moved, anything less than a current #1 or top prospect center+D+G is going to get rejected on these boards.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
EP40
Hughes
Demko

Is what the Oilers would want and we would need to retain some salary of theirs

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I didnt know that Hart, Art Ross and Pearsons are team awards? Have you lifted banners for theese in Edmonton? Some teams value Stanley Cup and others seem to like individual awards better? McDrai can continue to cherrypick stats and forget defense if only Art Rosses come to Alberta...

What would you know about it? I've seen my team raise 5 Stanley Cups and I remember all of them. I know what types of quality players you need to win. We aren't there yet, but McDrai are a huge advantage.

How about you? Are you living in a glass house?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
When there's smoke, there's fire. He's definitely going to choose to sooner than later if things don't change rapidly. It's not sacrilegious to speculate, good grief.

Where is the smoke? No rumors have come from anywhere about McDavid leaving. This is just wishful thinking on Vancouver fans part. That's okay because this entire board is about wishful thinking :thumbu:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
There is no collection of Canuck players + 1st. rd picks I'd swap for McDavid. nada. zilch.

Vancouver couldn't come up with a package that would make me answer that call or open that email.

As an Oiler fan since day 1 in the NHL this is BS . Vancouver has lots of good pieces that would make a trade work . People and fans of the Oilers get all butt hurt over moving him but if you can get 3 NHLers ( Goalie and a 2nd line C with potential to be a 1 C and a top four defensive D) a couple blue chip prospects and a few draft picks it would be a no brainer . The Oilers become a better team . Draisaitl is good enough to be the face of the franchise . if this happen then I would go after Kane as well at 50% . The draft picks are like liquid cash . Maybe go after Chychrun with the extra picks .

Next year

Kane Draisaitl Puljujarvi
Hyman New guy Bourgault
Holloway RNH Yamamoto
Archibald McLeod XXX

Nurse Bouchard
Chychrun Ceci
Broberg New guy that can play up in the line up

Plus hope Klefbom can return . Healthy

Demko
Skinner

Create new job . BC scout and offer it to Keith to retire . Let him work from home so he is close to his kid .

With a league having a cap I do not see team winning with 2 superstars eating up their cap . You win while these guys are on the ELC and Edmonton blow that . Edmonton either needs to do something to start winning or it a count down to both Draisaitl and McDavid jumping ship at 1st chance

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
To Vancouver: Connor Mcdavid

To Edmonton: Bo Horvat, Elias Petterson, Vasili Podkolzin, 1st round pick 2022, 1st round pick 2023
So a real life concern I’d have as a GM.

Imagine you call Holland, and say “so what’s it going to take to get McDavid”.

holland is going to re-tell that story over drinks at the next league meeting in Boca Raton or Scottsdale. Everyone, including many other GMs, will have a hard laugh at your expense and other GMs start to see you as a clown.

these guys need to maintain their credibility to be effective in their job. As a GM, you start calling around on Makar, McDavid, Matthews and the like, you’re going to talk yourself into getting the clown label around the NHL.

it’s moderately amusing on a fan board but these things don’t happen in real life. There would be real consequences for a GM doing your job with so little understanding of decorum or common sense.

only way Mcdavid is traded is if he demands it. And that may happen if Edmonton misses the playoffs and doesn’t have an active off season. But it hasn’t happened yet.

Last edited:

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
when mcdavid gets traded, it will be to somewhere on est not in canada that only plays the oilers twice a year. probably carolina or one of the floridas.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Sounds like a whole lot of individual accomplishments that he would achieve anywhere else while having Jack shit for team success

If you think the Edmonton organization can lay claim to any of those accomplishments, you’re the perfect example of my username

McDavid has been achieving all of that in spite of the tire fire around him

Stop backtracking.

You claimed McDavids career was in ruins, despite being 24 and still with plenty of chances for long playoff runs.

All this and already a better individual hardware collection then Crosby.

Canucks always chasing tails.

Worry about the 0 cups on 55 years instead of the Oilers and McDavid.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Sorry, but if Vancouver came to edmonton and said, Here is ep40, Hughes, and Demko, They would accept the deal so fast, before the sentence ended.

You basically downgrade 1 Position, and get a Star Center to replace him, a #1 Defender who's been absolutely ridiculous, and a #1 goalie who most people think hes top 7 already, with top 3 potential

Stfu lol.

You're kidding me.

An underachieving overrated forward

A small defenseman who is below average at defending and pretty good at passing and a good goaltender gets you maybe Kucherov. Not prime generational McDavid.

Just the marketing alone is too much

Vancouver had nothing no package capable of landing McDavid. McDavid himself would decline the Nucks in an instant.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
There is no McDavid to Vancouver trade, where Van doesn't walk away a worse team then they are now. The prospect pool is thin, and gutting the on ice team to get him, would be like a capped out, pick-deprived version of this year's Coyotes, except with McDavid on it. Van would be in the running for last place, with no 1st round picks coming, and McDavid would be unhappy.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Stfu lol.

You're kidding me.

An underachieving overrated forward

A small defenseman who is below average at defending and pretty good at passing and a good goaltender gets you maybe Kucherov. Not prime generational McDavid.

Just the marketing alone is too much

Vancouver had nothing no package capable of landing McDavid. McDavid himself would decline the Nucks in an instant.

I am 100% sure you have not watched Hughes once this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad