Proposal: Mcdavid to Vancouver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
EP, Demko, Podz, 2x 1sts

Id be reallly tempted. We keep Hughes, don't lose a center, JT extends to play on McJesus' wing and scores 50. Yea we need a goalie now and have no picks but **** it. Edmonton then has a surplus of assets to find a Dman, Chychrun or something like that.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
I personally wouldn’t trade Hughes for McDavid.
The guy is a phenom offensively, but garbage in his own end, and hasn’t won a damn thing.
That’s not just on his team. He is no leader at all. Just a hot dogger who puts up points

This thread is dumb. Everyone knows, even if the Oilers got an incredible package for McDavid, they’d still be back to picking 1st overall every year, and probably ruin every pick and prospect they got in the trade.
And good luck disputing that.
Before McDavid, Oilers were picking 1st overall every other year at least.
They are much better at wasting high picks than developing them.
Your description of Hughes is spot on! And still you wouldn't trade him for McDavid.:huh:

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
To any other team - Connor McDavid and every questionable/bad contract thr Oilers have (Turris, Kassian, Keith, Koskinen)

To Edmonton - a 2C, 1D, 1G, a dependable third line, and the next 5 first round picks and top 2 or 3 prospects.

So basically, if you aren't fixing every hole on the Oilers roster for multiple years, don't bother.
You forgot the Owner, GM, Coach and Scouts.

I get asking for an overpayment, but this is "bad faith" negotiating. Kinda sad too.

6 players + 2 or 3 prospects and 5 1st rounders... even if the Oilers win the cup after the trade, nobody would give them credit for it.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
That's realistically what it would take for the Oilers to move the best player in hockey to a divisional rival.

Well, "realistic" a relative term. I think we all know it would never happen. The Canucks will never land McDavid or Draisaitl (even as UFAs) but it is a fun exercise even so.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
The problem with trading a player like McDavid is a team will only want to trade for him to improve their team into a contender, not gut their core players and be full of holes and be no better off, and for the Oilers they would only trade McDavid if it made them a much better team which would be a package another team cannot afford to give up. The trade would never happen unless the Oilers were planning to rebuild and willing to take back a number of futures. The Canucks would would become a lousy team with a number of holes in their lineup. Not to say McDavid as a player is not worth those offers, but there would be no benefit to the Canucks to make the deal. There would also be no benefit for the Oilers to make a deal for less than that, which means no deal.

Reactions: SiZ

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
I wouldn't touch McDavid's contract with a 10 foot pole.
I would. Most anyone would.

32 teams in the league would make room for that contract without a question.

If you are saying you wouldn't take McDavid for free? If so I would like to nominate you as the next GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
There is no collection of Canuck players + 1st. rd picks I'd swap for McDavid. nada. zilch.

Vancouver couldn't come up with a package that would make me answer that call or open that email.

Good.

There is absolutely zero reason the Canucks should give up any excessive package for McDavid. They would simply come out a worse team. Do people keep forgetting this is hockey? There's a reason you don't see top tier players being traded for these outrageous packages anymore.

Keep up that hope of pulling a legit goalie out of thin air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad