Value of: May I ask what would be the ask for Askarov?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
probably something around 10th overall value. the goalie market is oversaturated right now so his value might not be that strong

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Goalies never go for that much…

I get it’s the preds fan want but if it’s the case then they should settle in with him on the team.
i remember the ask from habs fans for band-aid price on an anchor contract. do you do as well?

Last edited:

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I'd add to Askarov to get the actual piece we wanted rather than move him for a lesser package. Be patient and maybe look to the draft to see if we can target a player and utilize Askarov and the draft picks we have accumulated to try a similar package to last year. Albeit, the price should be cheaper with fewer elite guys in the top 4 of the draft.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
of course, and what did we learn? That top goalies dont get traded for Top F or D prospects.
Re-read post #6 in this thread. Nobody has ever said that they do or that they should. Maybe it would help you to just think of it as another way of saying "Askarov Is Not Available". :dunno:

Reactions: Auston Escobar

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Re-read post #6 in this thread. Nobody has ever said that they do or that they should. Maybe it would help you to just think of it as another way of saying "Askarov Is Not Available". :dunno:
Come on, think of all the value back we'd be missing out on. I'm betting the Habs would part with at least Allen, Anderson, and a top 25 protected 1st in 2026. We might have to add one of our other prospects on to get it though.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC
probably something around 10th overall value. the goalie market is oversaturated right now so his value might not be that strong
I don't see any reason why Nashville would just kick the can down the road and trade him for a top 10 pick after investing in his development for several years now

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Come on, think of all the value back we'd be missing out on. I'm betting the Habs would part with at least Allen, Anderson, and a top 25 protected 1st in 2026. We might have to add one of our other prospects on to get it though.
I was actually interested at the draft in the trade that was being rumored which if I'm not mistaken was #5 for Askarov +15th and maybe 24th (the rumors we're all over the road on the last piece), so long as the big offensive centres we're off the board (Carlsson, Fantilli, and Smith).

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I was actually interested at the draft in the trade that was being rumored which if I'm not mistaken was #5 for Askarov +15th and maybe 24th (the rumors we're all over the road on the last piece), so long as the big offensive centres we're off the board (Carlsson, Fantilli, and Smith).
Problem is, once those big offensive centers were off the board, so was the offer. Those were the targets.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Not sure what the ask was for Askarov, would have been cool if Carey Price could have told us the price at the draft podium

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
yea sry but you will never get a young 1C for Askarov center is the most valuable and hardest position to fill no one trades them specially not for a goalie

That being said Habs should be very interested if he his available
If we aren't getting a young 1C then we aren't trading Askarov. (and I recognize we would have to add quite a bit to Askarov to get a 1C)

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
We heard that the preds were after Reinbacher or Michkov. It was renaud lavoie I think who mentioned it

Found it, was TVA, not renaud

Could’ve been a load of shit, but this is where that was based on
That's weird. In Nashville there was no mention of anything other than "#1 Center"... i.e. Fantilli, Carlsson, Smith.

As fans some of us fantasized about Michkov, but tbh, I do not think that fantasy ever fit with anything Trotz ever said. He wants a big star #1 center. That is the only think he was (or ever would be) interested in.

Reactions: Viqsi

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
There is no such" recent rumor." There is simply the fact that Trotz was willing to package Askarov plus other assets to move up to the top 5. When that didn't happen, Askarov went back to being our future in goal.
that is the recent rumor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad