Value of: Max Domi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Because last year doesn't impact trade value for this year and he's pacing for a 50 point season in 82 games.
Talking 1st+ easy with 50% retention.

"few assets" lol

Even if he does hit 50, is a 50 point forward a “1st+ easy”?

Not to mention that 50 point pace is dwindling fast. He had a hot start like the rest of the team and has been more like a 30 point forward since.

Reactions: majormajor

KniespassZegras

Jan 2, 2022

Not to mention that 50 point pace is dwindling fast. He had a hot start like the rest of the team and has been more like a 30 point forward since.

Foligno just brought a 1st+ from your own team, so yeah. Domi is a 1+ easy

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I don't think Domi has much value. He's weak defensively and doesn't score enough to play at the top of the lineup, plus the bad penalties.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'd still be interested in him because even if he didn't play in the top 6, and he probably wouldn't at this point.

There aren't a lot of teams that could match a 3rd line of

Domi, Kampf Kase

Also his addition would make the Wings absolutely stacked.

RW
Marner
Nylander
Kase
Simmonds

LW
Bunting
Kerfoot
Domi
Mikyehev

The LW is still the weaker of the 2 but it's pretty loaded

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Is there any reason why he is playing so little? He's got one of the better scoring rates on the team at even strength. I understand this is a rebuilding year, so I get the reason why Texier and Sillinger would be getting time over him, same for Jenner, but is there a reason why he is playing on par minutes wise with Kuraly?

I saw someone offer a 2nd from the Rangers before. Would definitely be willing to offer that (whichever 2nd is higher) and another piece. Is there anything in particular Columbus is looking for? Obviously goalie is locked in, but what is another need?

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Is there any reason why he is playing so little? He's got one of the better scoring rates on the team at even strength. I understand this is a rebuilding year, so I get the reason why Texier and Sillinger would be getting time over him, same for Jenner, but is there a reason why he is playing on par minutes wise with Kuraly?

I saw someone offer a 2nd from the Rangers before. Would definitely be willing to offer that (whichever 2nd is higher) and another piece. Is there anything in particular Columbus is looking for? Obviously goalie is locked in, but what is another need?
Need picks mostly.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think Domi has much value. He's weak defensively and doesn't score enough to play at the top of the lineup, plus the bad penalties.

5 v 5 his scoring rate would put him on most clubs top lines. He doesn't add much to that on PP and you're right he stinks defensively.

Kuraly is legit playing great hockey, big step up from him this year. Domi doesn't have the trust of the coach. It's a mistake not to play him though, he produces about as much as he gives up. He's not like minus 10 or something. He should be playing big minutes and getting a look.

I'm fine with just auctioning for draft picks, no need to discuss prospects.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
5 v 5 his scoring rate would put him on most clubs top lines. He doesn't add much to that on PP and you're right he stinks defensively.

Kuraly is legit playing great hockey, big step up from him this year. Domi doesn't have the trust of the coach. It's a mistake not to play him though, he produces about as much as he gives up. He's not like minus 10 or something. He should be playing big minutes and getting a look.

Love Kuraly. Good to hear he's getting it done. That guy has a great motor and does so many things right.

Reactions: Toe Pick

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Coming UFA. Max has some value as a rental, but it’s like retention would be needed.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Foligno just brought a 1st+ from your own team, so yeah. Domi is a 1+ easy

That was an absolutely abysmal overpay that every leaf fan(Hockey fans in general really) with half a brain in their skull realized the second it was announced.

Poor analogy.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Now that Stutzle has established himself as a Center, I'd be interested from the Sens side to run him with Brady and Formenton down the LW.

Would need his contract worked out before we pull the trigger though.

Would two 2022 2nds (OTT + TBL) get it done? What is a realistic contract number for him?

LazyCircuits

Dec 14, 2019
Europia
Now that Stutzle has established himself as a Center, I'd be interested from the Sens side to run him with Brady and Formenton down the LW.

Would need his contract worked out before we pull the trigger though.

Would two 2022 2nds (OTT + TBL) get it done? What is a realistic contract number for him?

That is the offer I circle back to on deadline day if no one is prepared to overpay with a first.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Need picks mostly.

One thing the Rangers don't really need to do is retain, since they have quite a bit of cap space. As I previously mentioned, a 2022 2nd (the higher between St. Louis and NYR) and a 2023 3rd?

I don't think a 1st rounder is in the cards for Domi. Rental market is kind of flooded with forwards.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014

leafs would give up a first for him with 50per cent retention for sure and i would love to see what he could do at home, i bet he would wake up playing with the other good players on the leafs, but then again the salary is going to be tough to make it work...

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
retention likely pushes the cost to a 1st+

Per CapFriendly, just four potential buyers are projected to have the cap space to trade for a $5.3 mil player outright at the deadline (Calgary, Minnesota, New York, Nashville). Everyone loves the bidding war cliche, but putting an unrealistic premium on salary retention will shrink the market.

As fans, we need to move away from the idea of salary retention as meaningful added value. Contenders are building with the expectation that it will be available at the deadline. It was almost required in 2021. Foligno, Savard and Palmieri+Zajac went at 50% for the 1st round premium, yes. However, Hall's value didn't go through the roof at 50%. Ditto Carter, Staal, Janmark and Gustafsson. Just 1 player with a cap north of $3 mil moved without it (Mantha).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad