Value of: Max Domi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I think he would be on the list of broken toys Toronto would have interest in. Similar to Galchenyuk and now Ho-Sang. I think it would be for next year when you can have him for $750,000.

He's going to get significantly more that $750,000. You're completely out to lunch if you think he's going to sign for $750K. That's not even close.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He's going to get significantly more that $750,000. You're completely out to lunch if you think he's going to sign for $750K. That's not even close.

Hmm, was curious to see what had changed since December when I posted that and it looks like Domi has 1 G 1 A in 11 games. Maybe not league min. but looks like he’s back to his unproductive ways.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Hmm, was curious to see what had changed since December when I posted that and it looks like Domi has 1 G 1 A in 11 games. Maybe not league min. but looks like he’s back to his unproductive ways.

He has 17 points in 29 games, that's not fantastic but it's not a 750K player.

That's At least 3 million dollars a year

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He's playing at around fifty point pace this season. It's ridiculous to suggest he would be a $750,000 player.

Not when you consider Domi’s crash and burn potential, as evidenced by his recent 2 points in 12 game stretch, and his historic ties to the Leaf organization. He could sign for a team friendly cheapo one year adventure, ride out the pandemic escrow season with the promise of stats padding with the Leafs big guns and hit the market again.

Basically the next Alex Galchenyuk.

Reactions: teddygmr

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Not when you consider Domi’s crash and burn potential, as evidenced by his recent 2 points in 12 game stretch, and his historic ties to the Leaf organization. He could sign for a team friendly cheapo one year adventure, ride out the pandemic escrow season with the promise of stats padding with the Leafs big guns and hit the market again.

You really really want that to be true. We can tell.

If you want Domi in a Leafs uniform you'll have to pay Columbus to retain so that you can squeeze him in this year. He's going to get paid actual money next year so forget signing him - even $4m is implausibly low. Some team or another is going to realize he is a very good offensive forward who has been muzzled in Columbus - highest 5v5 scoring rate on the team and barely plays 10 minutes a night.

Reactions: Xoggz22

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
You really really want that to be true. We can tell.

If you want Domi in a Leafs uniform you'll have to pay Columbus to retain so that you can squeeze him in this year. He's going to get paid actual money next year so forget signing him - even $4m is implausibly low. Some team or another is going to realize he is a very good offensive forward who has been muzzled in Columbus - highest 5v5 scoring rate on the team and barely plays 10 minutes a night.

Full disclosure, I don’t really want him that much. The original premise is just an ongoing list of potential buy cheap reclamations for Toronto’s revolving door cast of forwards and similar to what the Panthers are doing with guys like Duclair, Verhaeghe, Bennett and friends. Which would probably happen after Columbus has cashed out on Domi during this years trade deadline.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Full disclosure, I don’t really want him that much. The original premise is just an ongoing list of potential buy cheap reclamations for Toronto’s revolving door cast of forwards and similar to what the Panthers are doing with guys like Duclair, Verhaeghe, Bennett and friends. Which would probably happen after Columbus has cashed out on Domi during this years trade deadline.

I think you really really want him.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
What’s the deal with Domi anyways? I hear people say he has a poor attitude or creates conflict with teammates. Is any of this true? Maybe some Jacket/Canadiens/Coyotes fans will chime in?

it seems as though he would be a good asset to any team with his style of play.
If the attitude thing is true, send him to the Sharks. They've had lots of practice with that kind of stuff.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think you really really want him.

I don’t think anyone really, really wants the next plug and play option to replace an Alex Galchenyuk, but I also don’t think that medium term plan should interfere with your interest in maximizing Domi at this trade deadline in the short term.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

If he would sign for 750K I'd be all over that and I suspect Dubas would too but that's not realistic.

I'm all for adding him to the roster, I've said before we need another top 6 forward because teams that win have at least 1 guy on their 3rd line that could play on their 2nd.

But this idea that he's taking an 80+% pay cut is ridiculous, a pay cut is possible, perhaps even likely but he's not making Jason Spezza money

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Domi will probably have to take a prove me contract in the $4M range
upload_2022-1-26_21-53-30.gif

Apr 9, 2009
USA
People are acting like $750k is a legitimate offer to get Max Domi. El oh f***ing el.

What planet are you guys from? :laugh:

KniespassZegras

Jan 2, 2022
wou
Would love to add Domi to EDM he is life long friends with McDavid and has a swagger when he is on that would be good for the room. Probably has to wait for summer and a prove it deal but if retained enough we could fit him in now.

Domi-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Drai-Puljujarvi
would cost EDM a pretty penny for retained Domi

KniespassZegras

Jan 2, 2022
Why lol? He did not break 30 points last year and if he stays in CBJ might not do it again this season either. He is a in-season reclamation project and Oilers could probably get him double retained (trade to SEA/ARI first) for few assets.

Uh what.

Because last year doesn't impact trade value for this year and he's pacing for a 50 point season in 82 games.
Talking 1st+ easy with 50% retention.

"few assets" lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad