Value of: Max Domi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LBCANUCK

Jun 26, 2012
Hes improved over his last two abysmal seasons but not close to that valuation.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
When he came to Edmonton, I was watching #16 every time he was on the ice. He was passive without the puck, easy to pass/chip pucks in his area of responsibility, and a negative factor in both goals against when he was on shift. When he was in the offensive zone though, he was fast, strong on the puck and making plays. Personally, I've had enough of players that don't want to play a complete 200 ft game, that's a rudimentary requirement in today's NHL for successful teams. At this level, with this salary, players should be mature enough to realize that fact and play for your teammates rather than yourself, without the coach having to crack the whip, and waste valuable time getting a top 6 player to play an NHL caliber responsible game.

That being said, he's 25 years old, leads his team in point per game (all even strength points too) and forwards via shot percentage. He's a UFA this summer and right in his prime, so he's a valuable rental for contending teams looking for offense and some grit. The earlier Columbus can make a deal, the better the return.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
When he came to Edmonton, I was watching #16 every time he was on the ice. He was passive without the puck, easy to pass/chip pucks in his area of responsibility, and a negative factor in both goals against when he was on shift. When he was in the offensive zone though, he was fast, strong on the puck and making plays. Personally, I've had enough of players that don't want to play a complete 200 ft game, that's a rudimentary requirement in today's NHL for successful teams. At this level, with this salary, players should be mature enough to realize that fact and play for your teammates rather than yourself, without the coach having to crack the whip, and waste valuable time getting a top 6 player to play an NHL caliber responsible game.

That being said, he's 25 years old, leads his team in point per game (all even strength points too) and forwards via shot percentage. He's a UFA this summer and right in his prime, so he's a valuable rental for contending teams looking for offense and some grit. The earlier Columbus can make a deal, the better the return.

Every player has strengths and weakness not every single player needs to play a 200 foot game some are pure offense and that's OK

Reactions: Toe Pick

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
He was tied to Pittsburgh for a couple of offseasons with Rutherford there. Now with Rutherford in VAN, I wonder if there's a fit there. Domi and Horvat were linemates in juniors and are good friends. Horvat has a contract coming up and has said he wants to win to stay in VAN.

Value-wise I don't know if VAN would move a first-round pick after trading theirs the last 2 seasons.

Reactions: teddygmr

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He was tied to Pittsburgh for a couple of offseasons with Rutherford there. Now with Rutherford in VAN, I wonder if there's a fit there. Domi and Horvat were linemates in juniors and are good friends. Horvat has a contract coming up and has said he wants to win to stay in VAN.

Value-wise I don't know if VAN would move a first-round pick after trading theirs the last 2 seasons.

I doubt it, even if he is worth a 1st, and I'm not 100% convinced he is, Vancouver isn't in position to do that

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think he would be on the list of broken toys Toronto would have interest in. Similar to Galchenyuk and now Ho-Sang. I think it would be for next year when you can have him for $750,000.

You're good for a laugh, thanks.

Domi will be making no less than $6m next year. If he's on, he's worth more than that, if he's off, he's worth much less. This year he's been on, with a higher 5v5 scoring rate than any Blue Jacket or Leaf. Someone will take the gamble.

Atrusai

Oct 9, 2017
Those might work, I'm not sure. I do think Domi would fit as a Leaf too. Keefe seems nuanced as a coach, he'd know when to just let a guy do his thing.

Would be a solid rental. Although, if we were buying cheap from CBJ... I almost would want to see us trade for Laine and throw him on a line with Matthews just to troll everyone.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Domi doesn't have the pure offensive talent to be in the category of players who can cheat on defense.

So far at least, Domi is near the top of the league in 5v5 scoring rate.

The issue with him is more year to year consistency. When he's off, he's not worth having in the lineup. When he's on, like he was in his first year in Montreal, then you can afford the bad with the good. He was also top ten in the league in 5v5 scoring rate that year.

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012

I think domi would be a great pickup as a ufa for van, but it makes no sense to trade for a rental. He also isn’t a position of priority for them as they have solid forwards but need to clean up their defence.

If somehow all that happened though, I’d love so see Domi and Horvat reunited. Or (I mentioned in another thread) a tiny terror line of garland-domi-Hoglander. The definition of a pest line.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So far at least, Domi is near the top of the league in 5v5 scoring rate.

The issue with him is more year to year consistency. When he's off, he's not worth having in the lineup. When he's on, like he was in his first year in Montreal, then you can afford the bad with the good. He was also top ten in the league in 5v5 scoring rate that year.
Wo is he paying with? Because other then one season with the Habs, the plus 4 doesn't sound like him.

My issue with him was his 200ft game, which I HIIGHLY value and his attitude towards the end.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Wo is he paying with? Because other then one season with the Habs, the plus 4 doesn't sound like him.

My issue with him was his 200ft game, which I HIIGHLY value and his attitude towards the end.

Domi's only regular linemate is Jack Roslovic, who is equally vacant defensively.

The approach seems to be basically to hope the puck doesn't go back into their end of the rink, and as funny as that sounds, it seems to be working. They get good zone starts and mostly stay on the attack. Very good possession stats.

He's basically playing like that big year with the Habs.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
played less than 10 minutes TOI tonight against Ottawa… him and Roslovic. both of them not hurt. I just don’t get it. such a frustrating, defeating time to be a CBJ fan.

Reactions: teddygmr

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Every year I find him increasingly harder to like. If the Rangers got him, I would root for him I suppose, but I would certainly hope they didn't pay much to get him.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
What’s the deal with Domi anyways? I hear people say he has a poor attitude or creates conflict with teammates. Is any of this true? Maybe some Jacket/Canadiens/Coyotes fans will chime in?

it seems as though he would be a good asset to any team with his style of play.

He has definitely appeared to have attitude problems in Montreal but it wasn't so much an in the room thing. Rather he seemed to get pouty when bumped out of a top 6 role.

They are definitely there but I also think they are overblown.

I say this as someone who loved having Domi on the Habs, I have a Domi Jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad