Value of: Max Domi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DeysArena

Oct 5, 2020
Except that his best season comes in a hockey market (Montreal). Less distractions turns into a complacent Domi and there is a fair amount of evidence on that.
He quickly returned to his career mean in the following season and was gone the season after that.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
We don't really know that there is interest in Kane.
The player and FATHER have the toxic reputation in the GTA and many know this.

We know they scouted him so there has to be some level of interest because you don't send scouts to watch players you have no interest in.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He quickly returned to his career mean in the following season.

Yeah, when our coaches decreased his usage and per/game minutes cause they were obsessed with defensive play and were watching him like a black cloud waiting to rain down on him. Moving him from center to wing and all over the 2nd - 4th lines

Career average numbers on a small market team < Great season then career average numbers on a big market team.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
We know they scouted him so there has to be some level of interest because you don't send scouts to watch players you have no interest in.
Dubas admitted it was Kane they were watching? He was the only guy on the ice or were there two teams?

Reactions: Cams

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I can see some salary retention being needed to widen the field of buyers but I would expect a contender to cough up a first.

Who would be a potential buyer?
MN might offer a 1st, depending on where they are in the standings. They could use an offensively talented player to go with Fiala. CBJ would have to take Rask and his 4M expiring contract back. Still not sure if and when CBJ will be prepared to concede the playoff season, though.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
MN might offer a 1st, depending on where they are in the standings. They could use an offensively talented player to go with Fiala. CBJ would have to take Rask and his 4M expiring contract back. Still not sure if and when CBJ will be prepared to concede the playoff season, though.

Probably not yet because they are only 4 points back but their next game is against Toronto at least that's their next scheduled game that could be tough

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021

Minnesota isn't trading a 1st , or any picks for a domi player; not under dean Evason, and bill Guerin! If you don't play defense, two way game, you get benched, demoted. Domi will just pout

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
What’s the deal with Domi anyways? I hear people say he has a poor attitude or creates conflict with teammates. Is any of this true? Maybe some Jacket/Canadiens/Coyotes fans will chime in?

Domi has always said the right thing in Columbus. We haven't seen any issues between him and teammates.

When he first arrived he started like he left off in Montreal, he was horrible. Just not skating much and overthinking everything.

Since halfway through last year and throughout this year Domi has been electric. Making sick plays. Always moving his feet and pulling others into the fight.

it seems as though he would be a good asset to any team with his style of play.

Kind of the opposite. You need a role for him where he can just go out there and score and forget about defense. He is braindead defensively so you need to put him on a team where they are forgiving of that sort of thing. He needs to not be coached.

Atrusai

Oct 9, 2017
Kind of the opposite. You need a role for him where he can just go out there and score and forget about defense. He is braindead defensively so you need to put him on a team where they are forgiving of that sort of thing. He needs to not be coached.

Bolts? Canes?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
My only question would be do you do Domi Matthews Marner?

Or do you do Domi Tavares Nylander?

I'm legitimately not sure

Domi - Matthews - Marner easily. It gives me Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen flashes. Marner is soft as butter and Domi would give them grit.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he landed in Toronto

I think he would be on the list of broken toys Toronto would have interest in. Similar to Galchenyuk and now Ho-Sang. I think it would be for next year when you can have him for $750,000.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad