Speculation: Matthew Tkachuk MEGA Thread (informs Flames he will not sign long term)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Ownership knows the will struggle with attendance during a rebuild, flames fans disappear when the team isn't winning
I believe that most hockey markets would suffer some level of attendance decrease during a rebuild.

If you communicate the message honestly and with integrity to the fanbase, and have a coherent plan as to how and when to get out of the hole, fans will come back. They have to believe in what you're doing though, and I'm not sure the current front office will get that level of slack from the city.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
GM to key player with 1 year remaining on his contract, and showing no eagerness to extend ...

"If you're not signed by Oct 15, we're shopping you, and we'll announce that by press release, We won't let you walk for nothing. We won't let uncertainty distract our team for the entire season. Here's our offer. Your move,"
In response Tkachuk publicly says:

"I'll only sign in X" (X being either St Louis or Ottawa).

Trade value gone.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
If the league wants parity then something needs to be done about these prima donna mama's boys who want to play back home. Having a cap doesn't cut it if these guys pout and refuse to play for Canadian teams. Maybe we should go back to drafting and keeping players in our area. If all Canadians came back home to Canadian teams there would be no problem competing.

Cry more :laugh:

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Awful time to be a Flames fan, but at least Tkachuk should return some good young assets to help the rebuild. Any team trading for him is going to give up a kings ransom
Mr. Sutter is probably not laughing... ot maybe he is. He is such a different breed. A real hard one for surely :clap: calgary will get over this,;but two key guys leaving. Wonder who gets tkachuk? Maybe san jose or toronto?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
And yet, he was badly outplayed by Evander Kane and Zack Hyman in the playoffs.
OOOhhhhhh shiiit. Ever heard of playoff hockey being totally unpredictable? Kane and Hyman were playing the hockey of their lives this past post-season.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I hope the Flames get a killer return and land a future 100pt player.
I will be following and if the Flames do blow it up, I think I may adopt the Flames as my 2nd fav team. I really enjoyed watching Matthews, Marner, Nylander etc develop and think the next cpl season will suck but by 2025/26 they are going to have a young exciting club that will be fun to cheer for. Kinda like the Sens now, When we play em I hate em but I like seeing them do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad