Speculation: Matthew Tkachuk MEGA Thread (informs Flames he will not sign long term)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
While I like his abrasive style - Tkachuk's little tricks around the net didn't work out too well this past playoffs.

He's an awful playoff performer all around but yeah he got badly exposed in the BOA series that people hyped up as being his stage to shine on (lol).

Reactions: Dieseloil

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Tkaching

1658263469823.gif

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Think the NBA owners are willing to lose a season if it comes to that. It's getting ridiculous over there. Durant/Kyrie broke the league.
The league makes more money than anything and has ridiculous ratings. Nothing will change. Because people like money. If you think they’re going to give up a year of it right now you are insane.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
There’s definitely a way Calgary doesn’t have to blow it up. If they got a really good player back, like Nylander for example, and signed Kadri they are still competitive. Highly unlikely but a chance. Outside of that they have to blow it up

Healfezza

Sep 9, 2008
Red Deer
Hey all,

Just thinking about the situation in Calgary with M. Tkachuk being rumoured to be on the move, considering the brotherly connection in Ottawa and Ottawa's love for building the locker room it would be a good fit for them. But Ottawa does not have space in their lineup/capstructure to add another high end forward, but we do have a young player of similar caliber we recently acquired that may entice Calgary in Debrincat. Calgary would get a high end young player back on team control, and Ottawa gets to unite the Tkachuk brothers. Although Ottawa loses their new toy in Debrincat, he hasn't been around long enough for anyone to get attached.

If Calgary wants to keep competing they could get a replacement for Gaudreau and keep rolling, if they want to blow it up Ottawa would also negotiate for one of Tanev of Andersson as they need a fit on the right side.

To Ottawa

M. Tkachuk w/ extension

To Calgary

Debrincat

Bond

May 10, 2012
Is Debrincat signing an extension? Rather get futures than kick the contract issue down the road another year

Reactions: Altimus

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
At least we got the BOA in this year. I still feel like we robbed of a good one in 2020

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
It's funny how some players can put up career numbers only when there is a contract waiting to be signed. Him and Kadri would be quite a pair, until they have new contracts and things can slide again.

Reactions: Connor McConnor

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Can someone explain the incentive of either sides from Tkachuk and Ottawa for me? I’m having a hard time digesting the motives either side.

If Ottawa was confident enough that Tkachuk would sign a long term extension that they would send a boatload of futures and value to acquire him, why would they not just wait until free agency?

If Tkachuk really wanted to come to Ottawa, why would he gut the franchise he was going to if he had the option to just sign a 1-year deal and sign there as a free agent?

If we lose out on him and he gets signed and traded great, he’s not a piece we are dying to add. He’s a great addition to ANY team, just not THE piece we should bend over backwards to acquire at the cost, especially if we can just sign him in a year. If he doesn’t agree to sign with us during his free agency, why would he agree to a sign and trade to us this year?

Maybe I’m being obtuse but Tkachuk doesn’t really make sense to me.

Reactions: Altimus and Neiler

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Um, why would you trade Point? Yes I'd do that.
i wouldnt but a hypothetical trade would make sense. Tampa gets an Elite 1st line LW, Calgary gets their 1C hometown boy. Point's NMC doesnt kick in till next offseason and his cap hit is less than what Calgary would have spent on Gaudreau and Tkachuk. Tkachuk may sign for less in Tampa than people would expect which would be the deal breaker in this deal

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Smells like Tarasenko + for Tkachuk. Would imagine the plus from St. Louis would have to be one or two valuable cost controlled assets.

Calgary recoups some star power and if they are out of the playoff hunt come the trade deadline, they can always trade Tarasenko. Maybe it ends up being a fit and he re-signs, but who knows? St. Louis moves out enough cap to get working on an extension with Tkachuk

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Smells like Tarasenko + for Tkachuk. Would imagine the plus from St. Louis would have to be one or two valuable cost controlled assets.

Calgary recoups some star power and if they are out of the playoff hunt come the trade deadline, they can always trade Tarasenko. Maybe it ends up being a fit and he re-signs, but who knows? St. Louis moves out enough cap to get working on an extension with Tkachuk

A) why would Calgary want to trade Tkachuk for 30 year old pending UFA?
B) Why would Tarasenko waive his NTC to go to Calgary right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad