Speculation: Matthew Tkachuk MEGA Thread (informs Flames he will not sign long term)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It's not a Canadian thing. It's not a small market thing necessarily. Players want to win at a high level (and get paid handsomly to do so.) If they don't see a meaningful opportunity to do that, this can happen. Within the past 5 years, we've seen Duchene request and receive a trade out of Colorado, Tavares leave the Islanders via UFA, Panarin leave Columbus via UFA, Eichel request and a receive a trade out of Buffalo, and Jones force his way to a new destination by not extending. Save for perhaps the Rangers, no team is immune from this.

Reactions: Marc the Habs Fan

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm an Oilers fan, and Calgary is like public enemy #1

But oof.... not like this. This is way too close to Pronger/Peca etc. This truly is a dark time for Calgary. I hope you guys rebound faster then we did, so I can get back to hating you in the playoffs.

I mean; give us the first overall next year and the rebound will be quick lol.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Once I see Leslie, Patty and Boomer talking about this; you know there’s tons of smoke.

Curious to see what happens.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I wouldn't put it past Matthew to publicly name where he wants to go and tank his own trade value.

GL Flames.

Reactions: Pantokrator

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
They’d be first overall and pick 4th.
It’s just the way of the Flames.

2 franchises have never picked third overall or better. Vegas who’s existed for a minute, and Calgary.

As there are only two lottery picks now, that would be a hell of an accomplishment.

Reactions: Pantokrator

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Hmm, Tkachuk is gonna get a haul even if everyone knows he wants out, but PLD is worth nothing
Strange times, but I hope Flames gets something for him =)

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
It's not a Canadian thing. It's not a small market thing necessarily. Players want to win at a high level (and get paid handsomly to do so.) If they don't see a meaningful opportunity to do that, this can happen. Within the past 5 years, we've seen Duchene request and receive a trade out of Colorado, Tavares leave the Islanders via UFA, Panarin leave Columbus via UFA, Eichel request and a receive a trade out of Buffalo, and Jones force his way to a new destination by not extending. Save for perhaps the Rangers, no team is immune from this.

its not a small market thing.

it’s a money+ good team thing.

with Johnie leaving, he doesn’t see much in calgarys future.

thry have money to resign him but what’s there in their future.

any 1st in 2013 Calgary gets will be lottery/ top 10 protected.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
GM to key player with 1 year remaining on his contract, and showing no eagerness to extend ...

"If you're not signed by Oct 15, we're shopping you, and we'll announce that by press release, We won't let you walk for nothing. We won't let uncertainty distract our team for the entire season. Here's our offer. Your move,"

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
The Flames weren’t exactly trash last year. I don’t think winning had a whole lot to do with the decision by Gaudreau. Once Gaudreau left though it might have had a domino effect - who knows?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
did he fall to 4? I hadn't noticed. Will probably end up a good player. I think 80% of posters were certain the habs would pick the best player but you know...none of us here have d*ckall to say in these decisions. Go figure.
Maybe a good reason to not be overly confident and condescending about those sorts of things in the future?

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad