Speculation: Matthew Tkachuk MEGA Thread (informs Flames he will not sign long term)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If there's Trade Request....The Flames are trying hard to keep under wraps cuz they lose a lot of leverage if its out in the open

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
If the league wants parity then something needs to be done about these prima donna mama's boys who want to play back home. Having a cap doesn't cut it if these guys pout and refuse to play for Canadian teams. Maybe we should go back to drafting and keeping players in our area. If all Canadians came back home to Canadian teams there would be no problem competing.

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
The Thomas announcement coming when he’s in Boston with Matt & Brady is a little too ironic. I thought Army was just trying to soften the blow of DP57 moving on by announcing that when he did, I think this may be a bigger scheme.

Reactions: shpongle falls

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Agreed .. the NHL owners need to secure themselves an NFL style franchise tag in their next contract negotiations with the players. It's pretty ridiculous that two big time players can engineer their exit from a franchise with two weeks of one another.
If I'm the NHLPA, in order for the owners to get the "franchise tag" the players would get a year reduction in RFA years for each time a player can be "tagged".

You want the ability to tag a player, then all RFAs get to be UFAs after 6 years or at 26. You want to be able to tag him twice, 5 years or 25. etc

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
If the league wants parity then something needs to be done about these prima donna mama's boys who want to play back home. Having a cap doesn't cut it if these guys pout and refuse to play for Canadian teams. Maybe we should go back to drafting and keeping players in our area. If all Canadians came back home to Canadian teams there would be no problem competing.
Hope you dont change your tune if MTL gets PLD.

Its the reality of the situation. Players (people) will want to play/work where they prefer if they have the chance.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
So you're saying that Canadian teams can't be successful without their American stars?

PS hope you've recovered from the Habs not drafting Wright.

Reactions: Sigurd

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
At least they should get some good assets back for him unlike the Gaudreau situation which sucks far more.

Feb 19, 2018
JT for MT. See if both guys would want to stay after playing a year for their new teams. Word is they both might want to go into UFA. Division rivals, but both teams can remain competitive. Both players have lots of friends/former teammates on each team.

Pipe dream but it could actually work.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DingDongCharlie

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
No lol

Reactions: rumrokh

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Didn't Tavares and Giroux just do just that. But, as a fan of Toronto, I couldn't endorse your plan for teams to keep the area they have as TV exclusively there enough for retaining prospects.

The funny thing is though, little-known fact. I believe both Brady and Matthew have Canadian citizenship through their mom who Keith met when playing in Winnipeg.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Tkachuk should do whatever it takes to get the 1yr, then head off to free agency. Also put it out there that hes not signing long term with any team hes traded to before the deadline.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I don't care how much Calgary ownership hates rebuilding, in my opinion you cannot really justify running it back after losing both Gaudreau and Tkachuk. You can't.
Ownership knows the will struggle with attendance during a rebuild, flames fans disappear when the team isn't winning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad