Speculation: Matthew Tkachuk MEGA Thread (informs Flames he will not sign long term)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I don't see either of those guys saying Tkachuk's on the move / about to be traded. Just "if he's traded, this is why..." stuff.
Because they would openly speculate if there wasn’t some smoke to the story. Boomer in particular makes it seem pretty likely.

Keep in mind they are still mouthpieces to the org (well, not in boomer’s case anymore). If they think he’s on the outs, he’s probably on the outs. Leslie was suggesting Gaudreau was probably gone, and look how that turned out.

EverTheCynic

May 26, 2022
Every team in the league wants Matthew Tkachuk.

I don’t know how many have both the room and the assets to acquire him though. You’re all way more knowledgeable about that stuff than me.

Anyone write out a list of possible spots yet?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
From St. Louis, Tarasanko wants a trade? Maybe Tarasanko+Kyrou for Tkachuck+Dube?

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I hope the Pens would make a huge bid for him. 24 years old coming off a 42 goal and 104 point season! LW with size! What is not to like. The bids will be extreme but it would be worth it.

Tkachuk-Crosby-Rakell
Guentzel-Malkin-Rust

The package would be crazy but it would be worth it depending on what his cap hit would be after coming to a deal. It could be hard for any contending team to take on a $10+ million contract.

Zucker and Kap to get the contract in for this season and then Pickering who was our 1st round pick this year, Poulin our 1st round pick in 2019, POJ a 1st round pick in 2017, and then our next two 1st round picks? Could something like that get it done? I would give up the farm and more to get someone like that in the mix for our last few years. Then you could still trade him for a big payload when it was rebuild time.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Is this really a surprise? I don't think the Flames go the arbitration route if talks are going well and his trade value is probably going to significantly decrease in a month if he's still there. You maybe have one last try at an extension and then you have to move.

minibrodeur

May 17, 2022
NJ apparently offered 2OA for him so they're definitely interested. Fitz and Tkachuk are related and the Devs have the assets and space to make it happen. I'd be shocked if they're not involved.

EverTheCynic

May 26, 2022
Oh god. Tkachuk would be perfect for Jersey.

Please no. It’s bad enough with Colorado and Tampa. We don’t need more super teams.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
So we're taking the speculation of Eric Francis as a sure thing now?

This is indeed the darkest timeline.
I feel like Francis couldn't be trusted when it comes to Monahan and Gaudreau because he always wanted them out of town. However, he actually likes Tkachuk

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
I'd ask for a trade now if I were Markstrom... I'd be livid if I were him
Yeah, I feel horrible for the Calgary fans. One season you are almost there and the next season good players are begging to be traded away from your team. Who is more important than Gaudreau and Tkachuk to the Flames? Those are the two guys the team should be built around.....Seems like a huge opportunity missed by the Flames upper management.

I just can't even........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad