Matthew "The Knee" Tkachuk suspension incoming?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Don't think so. Hate to say it but one of the things I was most looking forward to with this Canadian Division (and it's probably the same for all the Divisions) is the physicality that is sure to arise from playing the same teams over and over. (but I'm not excited to see this type of stuff)

But we'll see.

I hope Campbell is alright, he got that knee right on the plate of his helmets back part. I've never worn a goalie mask but I'd imagine that is not a soft blow.

I would not be surprised if Campbell had his brains scrambled a bit there.

Don't care if there's a suspension though. But I do know that if Kadri was still on the Leafs and had this exact same video evidence, he'd get suspended for sure.

Funny I was thinking about Kadri too. He got suspended for running into a goalie who was outside the paint while chasing a puck that was behind the goalie.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Tkachuck put everything he could in to bringing that knee down, and it landed right on the back plate of Campbell's helmet. For people who've never held or worn a goalie helmet before, the back plate is very thin and offers almost no protection. There is no doubt in my mind Campbell has a concussion and it's disturbing that they let him finish the game in that state.

Reactions: Devonator

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Ya maybe, no one's getting suspended for how they fall though. If it was intentional that's some 4D chess.
Oh, definitely not, but he still did it on purpose and deserved to be fed one. The message is probably more important than the penalty minutes.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
So it's better that he not look like an idiot than take care not to crash his knees into someone's head? Or at the very least get the f*** off after it already happened?

By the time he "lands" he does absolutely zero to get Campbell out of that situation. He doesn't even kind of move his legs to start getting off which really looks like someone with no intention to do so.

Thats what grinds my gears about this most. He didnt even try to fake the whole "oh damn I didnt mean to do that" bs. He stayed on top and showed no care or respect for another player on a vulnerable position. In fact one of the most vulnerable positions possible. He a dirty little prick who has shown time and again in his young career that he has no respect or honor.

If a leaf player pulled this shit this thread would be on part 4 by now and a hundred bans handed out.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
There were other ways to land which would have been more awkward for Tkachuk and less painful for Campbell, but I don't think there is any grounds for supplemental discipline. I think the league would look for guys targetting the head on falls, but choosing to land on knees instead of on your side likely isn't going to warrant anything.
But bringing your knees in like that is equally unnatural. Landing on all fours I could get, but doing that would make no significant impact with the goaltender.

There's just no natural hockey scenario for a player to slam their knees up into a little ball like that, land on top of the goaltender, and decide to stay there until he's moved.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

His feet are up in the air already going over Brodie. Is bringing your knees in a natural response to that? Like I guess he could have just went limp.

If it wasn't Tkachuk no one would even blink. But ya, it's Tkachuk haha

Ramming your knee down full force the way he did definitely isn't the natural response. This angle specifically convinced me that it was completely intentional.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Ramming your knee down full force the way he did definitely isn't the natural response. This angle specifically convinced me that it was completely intentional.
No, it's definitely not (edit: the natural response, that is. It was absolutely intentional). If anything the natural response is to put your foot out and catch yourself with a wide stance, which I think he easily could have done there.

Might still end up on top of the goalie because of how he's leaning but at least you'd see an effort to stay up.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

Jesus! That angle makes it look like he drove the knee in.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

lets hope the league finally sees him for what he is which is nothing more than a cheap shot artist coward.

It is crystal clear beyond any shadow of a doubt from this that he absolutely purposefully drove his knee down into the goalie and there can be no other reasons for doing so than intent to injure and to "get away with one".

Well I think he is going to get exposed for this one.

I hope they give him 10 games

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
No kidding.

This is a really good shot of it. He puts his hand out on Campbell and frankly from that point on, he has everything he needs to not fall directly on him. He might as well be confirming a target at this point.

Nobody in this thread can honestly tell me they can't avoid something like that. Putting your hand out is meant to absorb impact, not help you deliver it. He should have been able to do a thousand things that aren't "hit the goaltender in the back of the head with his knee". Anybody who has been tripped by a child or a pet in a hallway has been in this mode, where protecting/not falling on said pet or child is basically a second nature and your body is reacting to it even while you fall, to keep everyone safe.

Nope. This is a guy who had an opportunity to take a shot and took it. You can practically see the moment he realizes he's got a freebie lined up.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

His feet are up in the air already going over Brodie. Is bringing your knees in a natural response to that? Like I guess he could have just went limp.

If it wasn't Tkachuk no one would even blink. But ya, it's Tkachuk haha

thanks for this view, clear as day he did this on purpose and he did it on his own, no leaf pushed him at all

10 games for this pathetic coward, driving his knee like that.

f*** off Tkachuk, Karma will get you and I hope its soon and significant

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
you honestly have to wonder what some of the flames players think of Tkachuk, its not like they don't see how much of a pathetic coward and cheap shot artist he is.

Last edited:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
tkachuk is a piece of shit and the league wont do anything about it beause they do not give a shit

Reactions: Oleksiak
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad