Matthew "The Knee" Tkachuk suspension incoming?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Unfortunately it doesn’t always work that way. And it’s a sad way to look at things. I have no love lost for Tkachuk, this behavior has no business in anything. But just wishing someone gets punched because of it is juvenile. I am glad you discovered hockey though. Great that the game is growing.
It works that way far, far more often than not.

You shouldn't need this explained to you as a hockey fan. f*** up, square up, because the alternative is a potentially chippy game where everyone is a little on edge and trying to make somebody pay and that's how people get put into the boards. You take your lumps and admit that you did something slimy, or you risk putting your team in the crosshairs.

You've decided to reduce this to some idiot bloodlust and not the sport and the rules made by the people who actually play it.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
He definitely doesn't do much to get all his body weight off Campbell with any urgency

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I'm so confused. This play clearly shows and even magnifies the part where his leg is pushed out causing him to fall on Campbell. So now he's falling, and no matter what he does with that leg there is going to be contact with the head unless he does the splits mid-air. Once he's falling, from his foot being bent around and pushed, there isn't much that can be done and this angle shows that, and shows the leg comes down on the head no matter what, he just tucks the leg. The intentional part is whether Campbell gets a shin to the head which isn't good, or if he gets all of Tkachuk's body weight from his hips into his head.
But before anything happens with his left leg, he's already got his hand on Campbell's back. All he has to do is brace that arm and fall to Campbell's left, safely off the goaltender. Instead, he tucks that arm and both of his legs so that he can free fall on to Campbell's head.

That's not the stance of somebody naturally falling to their knees, it's far too narrow. It's concentrated. His left arm, which should have been used to ease his fall, just decides to give up once he starts throwing the knee. He doesn't bend at the waist, he doesn't land with his knees shoulder width apart, he doesn't fall to the side, he doesn't try to keep himself up with his left arm, he has a lot of options here if he gave a shit.

He's even kind of in the middle of doing it naturally until he just decides to completely ball up and land on the goaltender.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
It works that way far, far more often than not.

You shouldn't need this explained to you as a hockey fan. f*** up, square up, because the alternative is a potentially chippy game where everyone is a little on edge and trying to make somebody pay and that's how people get put into the boards. You take your lumps and admit that you did something slimy, or you risk putting your team in the crosshairs.

You've decided to reduce this to some idiot bloodlust and not the sport and the rules made by the people who actually play it.
What’s wrong with a chippy game?

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Depends which kind. Physical and competitive, sure. 18 guys actively out to f*** somebody else up until they feel like things are even? Bad news.
It's dangerous for all the players and Flames players who had nothing to do with it shouldn't have to be involved. As a Canadiens fan though I am happy to let the teams beat each other up.
This really doesn’t happen anymore in my opinion. As Flames fans we’ve been hearing that Gaudreau is going to get his wrist broken in response to Tkachuk’s antics for 4 years. Never happened.

It’s seems like “if player X doesn’t answer the bell, his star teammate will suffer” is just a false narrative that fans keep pounding nowadays. Players know who their beef is with. Like, Kassian (as much of a goof I think he is) never went after anyone but Tkachuk in that fiasco, the Kings never went after anyone but Tkachuk after the Doughty stuff. Just empty threats from fans.

Now, if it raises intensity like the the Kassian stuff did then that’s just good hockey, but nobody is dangerously targeting anyone else that isn’t involved with the issue.

Reactions: snag

Mar 26, 2010
Mr. Accidentally-On-Purpose TkaCluck is at it again.

If any Leaf goes after him next game, you Leaf fans are in for one of the greatest reptile shows on the planet - The Amazing Giant Red Turtle.
This post was great, thanks....I needed a good laugh! :laugh:

But yeah, here in Toronto we know he is a rat.

Reactions: zar

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
But before anything happens with his left leg, he's already got his hand on Campbell's back. All he has to do is brace that arm and fall to Campbell's left, safely off the goaltender. Instead, he tucks that arm and both of his legs so that he can free fall on to Campbell's head.

That's not the stance of somebody naturally falling to their knees, it's far too narrow. It's concentrated. His left arm, which should have been used to ease his fall, just decides to give up once he starts throwing the knee. He doesn't bend at the waist, he doesn't land with his knees shoulder width apart, he doesn't fall to the side, he doesn't try to keep himself up with his left arm, he has a lot of options here if he gave a shit.

He's even kind of in the middle of doing it naturally until he just decides to completely ball up and land on the goaltender.
I think the reason he's in a narrow stance is because of the pressure on his legs from Campbell and Brodie. He was going through but then his right leg gets blocked up leading to a narrow stance, and he's easy to knock over. When there is pressure on his right side from Brodie it ends up pushing him into Campbell due to the narrow stance.

At that point it's a split second play where he has his hand on Campbell's back and it comes down to instinct. I doubt he can hold himself up on Campbell's back with one arm, he can't really roll off in the position he's in with all of his weight and momentum going forward from the cluster around his feet, so there's head contact either way based on the position. Him tucking the leg in is the only part up for debate and it's impossible to figure intent from one clip in slowmotion where there would be head contact regardless of what he does with the leg. Cause if he doesn't tuck the leg then it's going all on Campbell and his head is hitting the ice and taking a lot more weight compared to it being concentrated all on his back with Tkachuk being where he was

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I think the reason he's in a narrow stance is because of the pressure on his legs from Campbell and Brodie. He was going through but then his right leg gets blocked up leading to a narrow stance, and he's easy to knock over. When there is pressure on his right side from Brodie it ends up pushing him into Campbell due to the narrow stance.

At that point it's a split second play where he has his hand on Campbell's back and it comes down to instinct. I doubt he can hold himself up on Campbell's back with one arm, he can't really roll off in the position he's in with all of his weight and momentum going forward from the cluster around his feet, so there's head contact either way based on the position. Him tucking the leg in is the only part up for debate and it's impossible to figure intent from one clip in slowmotion where there would be head contact regardless of what he does with the leg. Cause if he doesn't tuck the leg then it's going all on Campbell and his head is hitting the ice and taking a lot more weight compared to it being concentrated all on his back with Tkachuk being where he was
You can doubt it all you want, it's plain as day. All you have to do is watch a lot of hockey to see that that is unnatural. His instincts are even doing the naturally right thing: reach out, brace against Campbell, if you can't avert the impact you can at least lower yourself into it and minimize the shock.

Then he stops doing that and pulls his limbs in like an actual turtle. He elected to make it worse. Staying on top of him tucked up in a little ball is just absurd, and I think it tells you all you really need to know about intent.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I literally though that he was doing a knee variation of The Rock's finishing move "The People's Elbow".

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
What did you want him to do? Not battle for the puck? He’s there to play and win, down one goal with 35 seconds left he’s still playing for the points. He clearly was battling for the puck and lost balance during his battle with Brodie, kinda fell over the stick and Brodie’s hip, all his momentum was driving towards the net, and fell on him, he doesn’t have time to think about it or plan it. It’s split second decisions. If he can read that he’s falling and plan that and execute it he’s definitely on the ball. It’s not like he skated out of his way to jump on him, wanna know how you stop something like that happening? All leaf players leave the area, there won’t be any puck battles and no falling on the goalie.

Regarding getting off the goalie, it’s not like he sat on him for a minute before getting pushed off. It’s pretty obvious he was injured before the play, it was only a second or two that he was on top of him, any move he makes actually risks injuring the goalie more, if he lifts one leg he’s putting all the weight on his other leg. The best option is to actually get pushed off like what happened.

How long was his left arm actually on Anderson’s back for before he fell? The comments make it sound like he was leaning on him for a minute before he falls onto him. Looks like he was lifting his left knee to avoid contact, the higher and further forward his knee was, more likely to contact his back and not his head, and then his right foot slips out from under him because of how far ahead the rest of his body was and momentum carrying him forward. He continues to fall forward, unfortunately he can’t control gravity and the only direction he was going is down onto Anderson. Would you rather he landed on him with one knee making the initial point of contact, or both knees? Both knees is probably safer, his weight is spread across a wider area, therefore should be safer.

Reactions: Mazatt

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
What did you want him to do? Not battle for the puck? He’s there to play and win, down one goal with 35 seconds left he’s still playing for the points. He clearly was battling for the puck and lost balance during his battle with Brodie, kinda fell over the stick and Brodie’s hip, all his momentum was driving towards the net, and fell on him, he doesn’t have time to think about it or plan it. It’s split second decisions. If he can read that he’s falling and plan that and execute it he’s definitely on the ball. It’s not like he skated out of his way to jump on him, wanna know how you stop something like that happening? All leaf players leave the area, there won’t be any puck battles and no falling on the goalie.

Regarding getting off the goalie, it’s not like he sat on him for a minute before getting pushed off. It’s pretty obvious he was injured before the play, it was only a second or two that he was on top of him, any move he makes actually risks injuring the goalie more, if he lifts one leg he’s putting all the weight on his other leg. The best option is to actually get pushed off like what happened.

How long was his left arm actually on Anderson’s back for before he fell? The comments make it sound like he was leaning on him for a minute before he falls onto him. Looks like he was lifting his left knee to avoid contact, the higher and further forward his knee was, more likely to contact his back and not his head, and then his right foot slips out from under him because of how far ahead the rest of his body was amd momentum carrying him forward. He continues to fall forward, unfortunately he can’t control gravity and the only direction he was going is down onto Anderson. Would you rather he landed on him with one knee making the initial point of contact, or both knees? Both knees is probably safer, his weight is spread across a wider area, therefore should be safer.

I mean, personally I'd like to see him to almost literally anything except raise his knee and violently drop it on another guys head, don't really think thats a hockey play personally.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
I'm honestly surprised people think the appropriate response here is to fight him. He's lucky he hasn't been cross-checked and lost about 10 teeth with his antics.
I can't state what I consider the appropriate response to be and still follow the rules of the board.

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
I mean, personally I'd like to see him to almost literally anything except raise his knee and violently drop it on another guys head, don't really think thats a hockey play personally.

Well obviously gravity should be the one getting suspended then, when you are stretched out like he was, it’s pretty hard to jump and force yourself to drop violently on someone, that’s just how gravity works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad