Matthew "The Knee" Tkachuk suspension incoming?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I'm honestly surprised people think the appropriate response here is to fight him. He's lucky he hasn't been cross-checked and lost about 10 teeth with his antics.
Tkachuk would probably be pleased with that outcome. Calgary would take the 5 minute PP

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
You can doubt it all you want, it's plain as day. All you have to do is watch a lot of hockey to see that that is unnatural. His instincts are even doing the naturally right thing: reach out, brace against Campbell, if you can't avert the impact you can at least lower yourself into it and minimize the shock.

Then he stops doing that and pulls his limbs in like an actual turtle. He elected to make it worse. Staying on top of him tucked up in a little ball is just absurd, and I think it tells you all you really need to know about intent.
You keep saying the 'natural thing' but it's not well defined at all. He's bracing against Campbell for a split second after losing his balance while going down. His leg is already well in the air after losing balance and again, he is making heavy contact with Campbell regardless of where he positions his leg after. I still don't see where this makes it worse, him drawing his leg in doesn't impact the fact there is going to be head contact. The only difference is that now there is a knee on Campbell's back/shoulder compared to all of the weight in Tkachuk's hips coming down forcefully on Campbell's head after he secures his upper body as you suggested.

And the whole "sitting on Campbell" thing is overblown. He was on for barely a second before he's pushed off, and again, if he pushes off of him naturally that is putting undue stress on parts of Campbell's back. That whole part of him staying there for a second before being pushed off is pointless in the long run

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Do it with a minute left. Plus, I don't think anyone is happy having to eat through a straw for a couple weeks.
Oh the last minute of a tight game? He would be even more pleased with a power play at that point.

It’s what he does. He toes the line (crosses it lots), and takes a beating to get his team an advantage. See Kassian “turtle” incident(s).

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I mean, personally I'd like to see him to almost literally anything except raise his knee and violently drop it on another guys head, don't really think thats a hockey play personally.
Issue is, his lower half is coming down violently regardless of the action of the knee since he has already lost his balance and is falling towards Campbell. He doesn't have any options other than, a) stay where he's at and drop his weight more directly on Campbell's head, or b) draw his knee/left leg in to land squarely on his back. Both ended up with head contact but I think it's a different story if Tkachuk just leaves his leg out, it'd be a lot more weight coming down on Campbell's head than what happened

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Oh the last minute of a tight game? He would be even more pleased with a power play at that point.

It’s what he does. He toes the line (crosses it lots), and takes a beating to get his team an advantage. See Kassian “turtle” incident(s).
Do it in a blow-out in either direction. That opportunity will arise at some point against a team he's pissed off.

Mar 26, 2010
I'm honestly surprised people think the appropriate response here is to fight him. He's lucky he hasn't been cross-checked and lost about 10 teeth with his antics.
I would not rule that out just yet.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
You keep saying the 'natural thing' but it's not well defined at all. He's bracing against Campbell for a split second after losing his balance while going down. His leg is already well in the air after losing balance and again, he is making heavy contact with Campbell regardless of where he positions his leg after. I still don't see where this makes it worse, him drawing his leg in doesn't impact the fact there is going to be head contact. The only difference is that now there is a knee on Campbell's back/shoulder compared to all of the weight in Tkachuk's hips coming down forcefully on Campbell's head after he secures his upper body as you suggested.

And the whole "sitting on Campbell" thing is overblown. He was on for barely a second before he's pushed off, and again, if he pushes off of him naturally that is putting undue stress on parts of Campbell's back. That whole part of him staying there for a second before being pushed off is pointless in the long run
Roll off him.

Even while falling, throwing/rolling your shoulder is a very, very easy thing to do. When his arm is braced he has the opportunity to roll his right shoulder and land safely, he doesn't. Afterwards, he could roll in any direction and doesn't until shoved.

You've got to be kidding me if you think he's staying on Campbell because he's worried about him.

Talonted

Dec 9, 2010
Mr. Accidentally-On-Purpose TkaCluck is at it again.

If any Leaf goes after him next game, you Leaf fans are in for one of the greatest reptile shows on the planet - The Amazing Giant Red Turtle.
Shaaaaammmmmeeeeeeee

Reactions: zar

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Issue is, his lower half is coming down violently regardless of the action of the knee since he has already lost his balance and is falling towards Campbell. He doesn't have any options other than, a) stay where he's at and drop his weight more directly on Campbell's head, or b) draw his knee/left leg in to land squarely on his back. Both ended up with head contact but I think it's a different story if Tkachuk just leaves his leg out, it'd be a lot more weight coming down on Campbell's head than what happened
That's just not true. It's insane that you think that.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Do it in a blow-out in either direction. That opportunity will arise at some point against a team he's pissed off.
Sure. I just find it funny that of all the things he’s done no NHL player has deemed a cross check to the face is the correct response, yet 93Leafs does.

Fans exaggerate. Players are willing to fight to stick up for their teammates but probably not get a couple game suspension and lose a portion of their paycheque.

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
Tkachuk tries to save it by lifting his knee, once he realizes he’s going over both knees come together to brace for impact, at least his weight then is spread evenly across both his legs.

I don’t understand how people can say he violently kneed him, gravity is doing the work, the force is gonna land somewhere on Anderson, if Tkachuk had pushed his knees back out just before impact that would create a greater force on Anderson, but I don’t see any leg extension happening in the videos. It’s just a matter of science that his weight in mid air is gonna come down somewhere. If he tried to do the splits in mid air like people have suggested, he could end up cutting someone, then the tag line would read “Tkachuk maliciously slices open Brodie’s leg”

There is no good outcome in this, just that some are better than others, he landed squarely and with as little pressure in one spot or on his head and neck as possible.

BakedYams

Jan 14, 2017
I think Tkachuk would have the benefit of the doubt if he didn't already have a history of accidentally-on-purpose falling on goalies. It's entirely possible he didn't mean to knee Campbell in the head, but I'm skeptical.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Well I think it’s obvious I’m not 5 or 6. Or are you now just trying to be insulting?

No.... I am just curious why you would think it would be an on going perpetuation of "violence". These are professional hockey players.... Not some POS gangbangers.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Sure. I just find it funny that of all the things he’s done no NHL player has deemed a cross check to the face is the correct response, yet 93Leafs does.

Fans exaggerate. Players are willing to fight to stick up for their teammates but probably not get a couple game suspension and lose a portion of their paycheque.
Didn't Lucic get two games just two years ago for retaliating against Tkachuk? God knows Bertuzzi let retaliation almost end his career.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Didn't Lucic get two games just two years ago for retaliating against Tkachuk? God knows Bertuzzi let retaliation almost end his career.
The exception is the rule now?

A couple hot heads getting their wires crossed doesn’t change anything.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Tkachuk tries to save it by lifting his knee, once he realizes he’s going over both knees come together to brace for impact, at least his weight then is spread evenly across both his legs.

I don’t understand how people can say he violently kneed him, gravity is doing the work, the force is gonna land somewhere on Anderson, if Tkachuk had pushed his knees back out just before impact that would create a greater force on Anderson, but I don’t see any leg extension happening in the videos. It’s just a matter of science that his weight in mid air is gonna come down somewhere. If he tried to do the splits in mid air like people have suggested, he could end up cutting someone, then the tag line would read “Tkachuk maliciously slices open Brodie’s leg”

There is no good outcome in this, just that some are better than others, he landed squarely and with as little pressure in one spot or on his head and neck as possible.

Just like he accidently stomped on Davidsons leg and shattered his femur. Or like he accidentally kicked McDavid in the back of the knee he injured.

Even if he is just "accidentally" doing things that end up with him hurting other players game in and game out... at a certain point he needs to stop playing in a reckless way that puts everyone else in danger. Frankly I dont care how accidental or intentional it is at this point; every game he goes out there and either hurts someone or very nearly hurts someone. I just listed 3 plays that I've only ever seen once and each and every time it was Tkachuk doing it, "accidentally." At a certain point its not chance, whether he means to or not, its unnacceptable behavior and its incredibly disrespectful to all his peers.

Reactions: Petrus

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Anyone remember this?

This got a game in the playoffs in 1996. If Tkachuk doesn't get anything for what is an avoidable headshot, regardless of the extenuating circumstances, the DoPS is, as it always has been, a joke.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
No.... I am just curious why you would think it would be an on going perpetuation of "violence". These are professional hockey players.... Not some POS gangbangers.
So you’re saying Tkachuk acted like a professional?

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
Roll off him.

Even while falling, throwing/rolling your shoulder is a very, very easy thing to do. When his arm is braced he has the opportunity to roll his right shoulder and land safely, he doesn't. Afterwards, he could roll in any direction and doesn't until shoved.

You've got to be kidding me if you think he's staying on Campbell because he's worried about him.

Your telling me that when he was in mid air if he’d rolled his body sideways and landed on Anderson’s back and already injured leg with his shoulder driving the force of his body everything would be fine? There probably would be more outrage than there already is because you would say Tkachuk already knew he had issues with his leg so he tried to land as much weight as possible on it.

How long was he on Anderson for? Half a second? Him trying to roll off could of hurt Brodie who was still next to him, then you’d say he was trying to injure them both. Rolling also puts more pressure down on one side of Anderson’s body and could have done more damage.

Tkachuk flirts with the line a lot. Sometimes he crosses it. The reason he’s a good player is because he plays to that line a lot of the time, frustrating opponents and getting them off their game. I don’t see how this could have ended better considering everyone was driving the net. It definitely could have been worse. Anderson still finished the game and came out after the game saying he was fine.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
No, but someone is going to get him badly at some point. I'm not saying Leafs will next game. But, all it takes is one enraged player taking calculated liberty against him.
Fair enough. And for the record after some of the things he’s pulled he would probably have it coming, I’m just skeptical that’s how the players handle things nowadays.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
f he tried to do the splits in mid air like people have suggested, he could end up cutting someone, then the tag line would read “Tkachuk maliciously slices open Brodie’s leg”/
He already tried to slice Edler's shins open while he was in the middle of his dive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad