Matthew "The Knee" Tkachuk suspension incoming?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Huh? This has to do with Tkachuk taking runs at Kassian. Learn your history.

And my point was it was dealt with and it was OVER

Draisaitl started it off with Tkachuk standing him up some the boards late.

Tkachuk hits on Kassian were clean.

Do we get to start lining up Lucic against Yamamoto? Is the how this works? Our goon just gets to enforce against your star forward? Draisaitl needs to learn to stick up for himself. That ends the chain of events.

Last edited:
Reactions: h8erfisternator

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Ask him that, we don’t share thoughts, I’m not in his head. I’ve said my piece before and how I think it happened.

Whether he tucked his knee or not, what difference does it make? He’s still gonna land on him, tucking his knee pushes his contact point further onto his back rather than just his head.

I don’t like to see players get hurt from a situation like that and by the sounds of it, he isn’t injured from it, but I don’t think it’s suspension worthy either.
It's almost like at this point he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt when theres close plays like this when they happen so frequently.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Do we get to start lining up Lucic against Yamamoto? Is the how this works? Our goon just gets to enforce against your star forward? Draisaitl needs to learn to stick to for himself. That ends the chain of events.
Tkachuk started it by taking multiple runs at Draisaitl and just getting swatted away like the kid he is.

And then Draisaitl tosses him aside causing tkachuk to go full yardsale mode.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
How many games will Tkachuck get suspended for his knee to the back of the head of Jack Campbell?

knee-to-the-head.gif

He won't be, he should be but he won't be

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
It's almost like at this point he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt when theres close plays like this when they happen so frequently.

I totally get where your coming from. I personally don’t think it’s intentional. Just a shame if a few unintentional things like this happen to scar his name, I know he’s done stupid stuff before but this looked more like an accident. Things like this happen when your pushing the limits like he does.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Being a pain in the ass to play against and “playing on the edge” is acceptable, but Tkachuk is 23 and already has a reputation as one of the league’s dirtiest players. I don’t say this lightly, but if he’s going to be this hap-hazard and blatantly disrespectful regarding the health of the other players in the league, then I’d be completely fine with someone connecting on a career-ending blow to his head. He’s setting himself up for a significant reckoning at some point. Not smart to play the game in such a way that doesn’t have self-preservation in mind.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Should be, but won't be a suspension, just like Tkachuk injuring Marincin last year at the end of a game with dirty stick-work wasn't. His "accidentally on purpose" schtick should erase any chance of getting benefit of the doubt.

Parros doesn't suspend players for liberties on the Leafs. He left half of his brain cells on the ACC ice.

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
HOLD UP. It's easy to rip on a guy online but how stable would you be mentally if it was YOU who'd given Papa Keith all those belly rubs while feeding him east St. Louis Dumbster Donuts in the early 00s?

Could you block out the Tka-nips if they were such an INGRAINED part of your formative years? Personally, I would have to knee an ever-revolving smorgasbords worth of goaltenders in the back of the head to block out those cut-sausage papillas.

snag

Feb 22, 2014

Do we get to start lining up Lucic against Yamamoto? Is the how this works? Our goon just gets to enforce against your star forward? Draisaitl needs to learn to stick to for himself. That ends the chain of events.

Are you deliberately being obtuse?

NOTHING YOU SAID HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I AM SAYING.

To reiterate what I said, it was dealt with at the time and it was over. Is that an issue for you?

There's a reason I stopped watching hockey when I lived in Calgary....and you are exemplifying it.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Apples to oranges, the main difference being that the league has had it out for Burrows ever since the infamous Auger incident. He was usually free game in front of the net and in scrums after that lol

Doubt Tkachuk gets anything, but man that dude has it coming one day, it’s one thing to be hated for diving but trying to straight up injure players in vulnerable positions is gutless.

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
You realize if anyone from the leafs touches anyone else than Tkachuk (especially a star player like Gaudreau) that the (heavier, more dangerous) Flames will then go straight for Matthews, Marner and Nylander, right?
Yeah, right. Leafs will mop the floor with the flames yet again, and a Tkachuk correction courtesy of Wayne or Bogo is incoming. And flames won't do a single thing about it.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
1. It's Tkachuk, he has form for being a rat, so it's likely to be intentional.
2. I haven't forgotten Matthews' POS knee on Anderson late in game 1.
3. DoPS allowed the Myers hit on Armia to be self-policed by the respective teams.

Leafs need to deal with this on the ice, like a lot of things and stop crying wolf so much.

Reactions: h8erfisternator

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
So basically, because it's Tkachuk it's dirty? Let's ignore Brodie's stick in his ankles?

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Tkachuk started it by taking multiple runs at Draisaitl and just getting swatted away like the kid he is.

And then Draisaitl tosses him aside causing tkachuk to go full yardsale mode.
One of Draisaitl's favorite moves is to stand up guys along the boards when they are trying to play the puck. That's what happened. Glad we finally admit that the beef started between Tkachuk and Draisaitl, two top line players.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Are you deliberately being obtuse?

NOTHING YOU SAID HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I AM SAYING.

To reiterate what I said, it was dealt with at the time and it was over. Is that an issue for you?

There's a reason I stopped watching hockey when I lived in Calgary....and you are exemplifying it.
Lol.

It's quite hilarious that you used the word obtuse here. You probably got frustrated with conversation, as you cannot admit that oilers players did any wrong. So you walk into a city, take an extreme homer view of an opposing team, and then act shocked that no one in the city agrees with you.

Lol. Everytime I go to Edmonton and broadcast my one sided views about the battle of Alberta, everyone disagrees with me. No one there wants to be my friend, the problem must be with them.

The beef was between Draisaitl and Tkachuk. Kassian stuck his nose in and then got caught with his head down.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Yeah, right. Leafs will mop the floor with the flames yet again, and a Tkachuk correction courtesy of Wayne or Bogo is incoming. And flames won't do a single thing about it.
The Flames are soo shaking in their boots!

Give me a break, Leafs are weak and soft. Calgary’s gone through this before.

NEXT!!

Last edited:

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I love these threads. The hurtles some people will jump and the twisted logic people will use to avoid just admitting their guy made a dirty play is always fun to wake up to.

Reactions: Neil Racki

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I love these threads. The hurtles some people will jump and the twisted logic people will use to avoid just admitting their guy made a dirty play is always fun to wake up to.

Well, I imagine, when the Leafs try to have the media create a storyline, people tend to become defensive.

Yet again Leafs are over exaggerating, just like when they were p***yes about Matthews being cross checked in front of the net.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
One of Draisaitl's favorite moves is to stand up guys along the boards when they are trying to play the puck. That's what happened. Glad we finally admit that the beef started between Tkachuk and Draisaitl, two top line players.
Imagine that, draisaitl playing hockey and not trying to injure players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad