Matthew "The Knee" Tkachuk suspension incoming?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
What are we supposed to be looking at here?

A former Leaf with 46 PIM (0 fighting, 0 roughing) and zero bad history in 130 games in his career trying to kick at a loose puck.

It's a bait post.

Here is poor Johnsson getting injured in what has become a running joke of Leafs not getting protected by DOPS for years now.

Whoa, better watch out McNabb. Had a lot of close calls for a while and looks like the league may have to finally suspend you.

....he knows nothings gonna happen though.....

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
A former Leaf with 46 PIM (0 fighting, 0 roughing) and zero bad history in 130 games in his career trying to kick at a loose puck.

It's a bait post.

Here is poor Johnsson getting injured in what has become a running joke of Leafs not getting protected by DOPS for years now.

Whoa, better watch out McNabb. Had a lot of close calls for a while and looks like the league may have to finally suspend you.

....he knows nothings gonna happen though.....

he doesn't even make contact with the head, what do you expect dops to do for you?

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Lol.

It's quite hilarious that you used the word obtuse here. You probably got frustrated with conversation, as you cannot admit that oilers players did any wrong. So you walk into a city, take an extreme homer view of an opposing team, and then act shocked that no one in the city agrees with you.

Lol. Everytime I go to Edmonton and broadcast my one sided views about the battle of Alberta, everyone disagrees with me. No one there wants to be my friend, the problem must be with them.

The beef was between Draisaitl and Tkachuk. Kassian stuck his nose in and then got caught with his head down.

Saying "they addressed it and it is over" without stating Anything more than that until you jumped in is a Homer view?

Whatever dude... You and your typical Calgary superiority complex can f*** off.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
the video's less than 10 seconds man. this ain't ph, surely you can make it til the end...

Yes and from the angle, you can't even tell if he even touched his head. Did YOU make it to the end? All you can see is the goalie move his head. I can show you lots of videos of guys selling calls that never even get touched.

That anyone would portray that as even close to pulling your knee back and driving it forward while a guy is down is almost hard to believe (if I wasn't familiar with HF Boards). More reminders if I ever end up in court to go with trial by judge, not jury.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Imagine that, draisaitl playing hockey and not trying to injure players.

Standing up players who are looking the other way along the boards is very dangerous. And it goes back far. This is a repeated patter for Draisaitl:

Tkachuk does not have the puck. Draisaitl stands him up and then pushes him arms into Tkachuk. Where's the Draisaitl fight?

It's a pretty repeated patter for Draisaitl to take late hits and cheap shots near the boards:

Look at this elbow on Krug:

Draisaitl has never been in an NHL fight....yet he is constantly standing other players up and hitting high. Meanwhile, Tkachuk throws a totally legal hit on Kassian, and he has to answer the bell....right....

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Lol.

It's quite hilarious that you used the word obtuse here. You probably got frustrated with conversation, as you cannot admit that oilers players did any wrong. So you walk into a city, take an extreme homer view of an opposing team, and then act shocked that no one in the city agrees with you.

Lol. Everytime I go to Edmonton and broadcast my one sided views about the battle of Alberta, everyone disagrees with me. No one there wants to be my friend, the problem must be with them.

The beef was between Draisaitl and Tkachuk. Kassian stuck his nose in and then got caught with his head down.

"Everytime I go to a rival hockey city and talk shit, no one wants to be my friend". Yeah, weird how that works, but it's everyone else's fault. Sure.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Yes and from the angle, you can't even tell if he even touched his head. Did YOU make it to the end? All you can see is the goalie move his head. I can show you lots of videos of guys selling calls that never even get touched.

That anyone would portray that as even close to pulling your knee back and driving it forward while a guy is down is almost hard to believe (if I wasn't familiar with HF Boards). More reminders if I ever end up in court to go with trial by judge, not jury.

Do people just pretend not to see Brodie with his stick in Tkachuk's legs? WTF?

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
Unfortunately it doesn’t always work that way. And it’s a sad way to look at things. I have no love lost for Tkachuk, this behavior has no business in anything. But just wishing someone gets punched because of it is juvenile. I am glad you discovered hockey though. Great that the game is growing.

These holy than thou posts like this really bother me. Thank you for you utopian enlightenment on how society works in your head. For the rest of us, he needs a beating for crossing the line, and hopefully causes him to think before doing it again. Dude’s a predator, he needs to be taught a lesson or he’ll keep doing it. FYI suspensions rarely work for someone that does crap like this.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Hey Calgary fans...

Given that so many fans of other teams that dislike the leafs have agreed it was cheap dirty and worst of all intentional....

How can you say that it was not intentional and deserving of a suspension. especially given his history for doing so?

If you want your players protected... you have to expect that other teams fans want the same thing... no?

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Standing up players who are looking the other way along the boards is very dangerous. And it goes back far. This is a repeated patter for Draisaitl:

Dude .. this thread is about Tkachuk and what he did last night. The "what about when (insert player name) did this" attempts to detour the thread away from your guy and what he did last night are intentional tactics much like Tkachuk and his atomic knee drop was intentional.

Tkachuk is a dirty player and has lost the privilege of reasonable doubt. Theres 10 or so players in the league with that distinction and its earned.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
These holy than thou posts like this really bother me. Thank you for you utopian enlightenment on how society works in your head. For the rest of us, he needs a beating for crossing the line, and hopefully causes him to think before doing it again. Dude’s a predator, he needs to be taught a lesson or he’ll keep doing it. FYI suspensions rarely work for someone that does crap like this.

All these Edmonton fans are so unbiased.

How about the actual league officials, who have decided not to do anything about this play, as it was a nothing play.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Dude .. this thread is about Tkachuk and what he did last night. The "what about when (insert player name) did this" attempts to detour the thread away from your guy and what he did last night are intentional tactics much like Tkachuk and his atomic knee drop was intentional.

Tkachuk is a dirty player and has lost the privilege of reasonable doubt. Theres 10 or so players in the league with that distinction and its earned.

You guys brought in the Tkachuk turtling to Kassian stuff.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
So much whataboutism in this thread to defend Tkachuk. He's a dirty player, that much is evident through all the questionable plays made in his career. Should he be suspended? Yes, and he should have been for incidents earlier. Will he be? No, because the DOPS is a joke and NHL media have a love affair with him as a player because he's a "pest", the "new Marchand". Somehow this makes him deliberately trying to injure players okay.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC

I mean the guy called someone juvenile for wanting justice on someone who clearly doesnt respect other players health or safety.

Fighting isnt banned and its an important part of the game no matter how many victim card wearing snowflakes start watching the game and complain they dont like it.

If you dont like it... go watch something less likely to offend your delicate sensibilities. Like tennis or ringette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad