Matthew "The Knee" Tkachuk suspension incoming?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

King K Rool

Big Bad
Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton
With a 9-game season series vs Calgary, eastern Canada is already finding out what a dirty player that pube really is. You just can't defend this guy anymore, unless you're as rotten a person as he is.

:DD:DD:DD:DD

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
It’s fairly obvious that anyone defending this play as tho it was accidental on tkachuk’s part is either: A - lying to themselves or B -lying to the rest of us . . If it’s A, it’s just sad. . If it’s B, just hit the ignore button and move on

Either way, don’t bother wasting your time trying to argue w them, you can’t rationalize with the irrational

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Brodie trips his legs and pulls his stick back, pulling out Tkachuk's ankles. Brodie's stick is still in Tkachuk's ankle at the moment he hits the ground. When someone using a hockey stick to pull your ankles back, and you have forward momentum, yes you will fall forward onto your knees.

Now explain the vertical knee drop

Reactions: 1specter

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Brodie trips his legs and pulls his stick back, pulling out Tkachuk's ankles. Brodie's stick is still in Tkachuk's ankle at the moment he hits the ground. When someone using a hockey stick to pull your ankles back, and you have forward momentum, yes you will fall forward onto your knees.
The goalie's arms were also outstretched and against Tkachuk's skates stopping forward momentum. Basically a goalmouth scramble. And watching it in slo-mo is different than at full speed.

It is also interesting to note that no one is zeroing in on that vicious slash by #65 of the Leafs.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Now explain the vertical knee drop

Inspired by Hogan?
giphy.gif

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
He is the most hated player in the game for a reason and this is an another example. No reason for him to drop his knee there.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

King K Rool

Big Bad
Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton
And the thing is, this guy is only 23. Antics like this will not result in a long, successful career. But hey at least he made Leafs and Oilers fans mad that one time, right Calgary?:thumbu:

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
The goalie's arms were also outstretched and against Tkachuk's skates stopping forward momentum. Basically a goalmouth scramble. And watching it in slo-mo is different than at full speed.

It is also interesting to note that no one is zeroing in on that vicious slash by #65 of the Leafs.

So the goalie was pushing into Tkachuk's skates too? You've got Brodie pushing Tkachuk and digging his stick into his lower legs/ankles and Campbell pushing his arms into Tkachuk's legs.

King K Rool

Big Bad
Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton
I'm sure the Flames are terrified. Is Spezza going to sprinkle his bone dust on Tkachuk and bore him with meandering stories about the war? At least make the threat credible, like Simmonds.

Spezza is going to tell him about that one time he took a ferry to Shelbyville. Spezza needed a new heel for his shoe. So he decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So he tied an onion to his belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Gimme five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now where were we... oh yeah. The important thing was that Spezza had an onion on his belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have any white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
I have never seen a fan base complain more about DOPS and the reffing of basically every game than Leaf fans.. they have issues with reffing basically every game. If the media and fans weren’t so vocal about it, maybe DOPS would take accusations like this one more seriously

Reactions: h8erfisternator

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I have never seen a fan base complain more about DOPS and the reffing of basically every game than Leaf fans.. they have issues with reffing basically every game. If the media and fans weren’t so vocal about it, maybe DOPS would take accusations like this one more seriously

So what you are saying is DOPS isn't doing their job? I am sure this comes as a shock to no one?

Also, given you apparently joined today, does it surprise you that in all your minutes on the forum that the day after an incident you hear a lot from said fanbase?

Reactions: TheKrebsCycle

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Good video. Illustrates how something looks bad but really isn't. Nobody got hurt in the video and nobody got hurt in the goal mouth scramble.
Dumb take.
Really dumb take.

One is a wrestling entertainer.
The other is POS

One is a wrestling move that belongs in that “sport”
The other does not belong in Hockey

Reactions: King K Rool

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
So what you are saying is DOPS isn't doing their job? I am sure this comes as a shock to no one?
No, the DOPS stopped paying attention to the Leafs once they started crying about crosschecks.

The boy finally correctly cried wolf, but no one listened. Are they to blame? Absolutely not! The boy in this situation is still fake crying wolf, hence the DOPS is ignoring it! Get a grip!

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
No, the DOPS stopped paying attention to the Leafs once they started crying about crosschecks.

The boy finally cried wolf, but no one listened. Are they to blame? Absolutely not!

Ah. I would invite you to look at the Leaf suspensions over the past decade plus versus suspensions other teams receive while playing them. Somehow the "soft" Leafs who rarely play with physical edge are apparently goons while other teams turn into angels.

By the by, if you say they stopped listening, you are in fact saying they aren't doing their job.

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021

Also, given you apparently joined today, does it surprise you that in all your minutes on the forum that the day after an incident you hear a lot from said fanbase?

Just pointing out that complaining all the time doesn’t get the job done. And just because I joined recently doesn’t mean that I’ve never read these forums before, or read many media articles complaining about the reffing of Leaf games. It’s not like I live under a rock and only came out for this.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Dumb take.
Really dumb take.

One is a wrestling entertainer.
The other is POS

One is a wrestling move that belongs in that “sport”
The other does not belong in Hockey
LOL. Dumb video to use to try and prove your point. You should have left that one in the library. LOL.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

It's not that Leaf fans complain more, it's that there's more Leaf fans. Especially when it comes to the Canadian market for coverage in English.

There's some strange quirks though when it comes to DPOS and the Leaf's, for a team that does get suspended, I can't think of the last time a player got suspended for injuring a Leaf's player. I'd be curious to see if the last 5-10 years if there a breakdown of teams who were the opponent for a player who was suspended. I can't say the Leaf's would be at the bottom for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I watched that on TV and I'm still confused of the physics of it. Tkachuk goes for a between the legs shot before the scrum and scramble which probably doesn't help, but it does seem like there was an extra little bit of momentum before he landed on Campbell. I really don't know what to make of it.

Also worth noting that Campbell was already in a ton of discomfort for a few minutes before this play (left leg).

Reactions: volcom92886
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad