Matthew "The Knee" Tkachuk suspension incoming?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
It's not that Leaf fans complain more, it's that there's more Leaf fans. Especially when it comes to the Canadian market for coverage in English.

There's some strange quirks though when it comes to DPOS and the Leaf's, for a team that does get suspended, I can't think of the last time a player got suspended for injuring a Leaf's player. I'd be curious to see if the last 5-10 years if there a breakdown of teams who were the opponent for a player who was suspended. I can't say the Leaf's would be at the bottom for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me.

There is and it is absurd.

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
I think this thread can be boiled down to 3 groups people.
1. Those who are flames fans who can’t go against their team in any circumstance.
2. The trolls who just want to be contrarians just piss people off.
3. Every other normal human with a functioning brain that saw an intentional f***ing knee drop to the back of a guys head.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I watched that on TV and I'm still confused of the physics of it. Tkachuk goes for a between the legs shot before the scrum and scramble which probably doesn't help, but it does seem like there was an extra little bit of momentum before he landed on Campbell. I really don't know what to make of it.

Also worth noting that Campbell was already in a ton of discomfort for a few minutes before this play (left leg).

At first I found it a little greasy but scrum based.....until I saw the angle where he cocks his leg back and drives it down. That has no place in the game.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
LOL. Dumb video to use to try and prove your point. You should have left that one in the library. LOL.
What?
I didn’t use the Hogan leg drop to try to prove my point.
What!!!!?????

I used the hogan leg drop gif because it’s hilarious.
Tkachucks knee drop would be an excellent wrestling move in the WWE

Reactions: Score08

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I have never seen a fan base complain more about DOPS and the reffing of basically every game than Leaf fans.. they have issues with reffing basically every game. If the media and fans weren’t so vocal about it, maybe DOPS would take accusations like this one more seriously
The DOPS doesn't operate by responding to fans complaining about dirty plays and only acting on them if the fans aren't seen as too vocal

volcom92886

Feb 23, 2009
So Cal
I watched that on TV and I'm still confused of the physics of it. Tkachuk goes for a between the legs shot before the scrum and scramble which probably doesn't help, but it does seem like there was an extra little bit of momentum before he landed on Campbell. I really don't know what to make of it.

Also worth noting that Campbell was already in a ton of discomfort for a few minutes before this play (left leg).

The contact between Tkachuk and Campbell was unavoidable, however Tkachuk lifts his knee in an unnatural way as no ones knee would pop up like that in that situation. He purposely lifted his knee like that to increase the amount of damage the contact would cause. It is not natural for ones to knee to lift higher in the air when one is falling, and second who in their right mind purposely lands knee first on anything?

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
The DOPS doesn't operate by responding to fans complaining about dirty plays and only acting on them if the fans aren't seen as too vocal

You don’t think that if you had someone complaining over and over again about the job you do for them, you might start to lose interest in you doing that job for them in the future?

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
You don’t think that if you had someone complaining over and over again about the job you do for them, you might start to lose interest in you doing that job for them in the future?

Do you honestly think fan reaction has any part in the decision making? They don't care what the fans think.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
At first I found it a little greasy but scrum based.....until I saw the angle where he cocks his leg back and drives it down. That has no place in the game.

The contact between Tkachuk and Campbell was unavoidable, however Tkachuk lifts his knee in an unnatural way as no ones knee would pop up like that in that situation. He purposely lifted his knee like that to increase the amount of damage the contact would cause. It is not natural for ones to knee to lift higher in the air when one is falling, and second who in their right mind purposely lands knee first on anything?

Like I said, I don't know. There's so much chaos in the scrum that I cannot even begin telling if it was an accident or if Tkachuk jumped himself. The results are damning, but the circumstances just prior to it are kinda inconclusive. I've watched it a dozen times at slower speeds and I still don't fully get what's going on before he lands on Campbell. There seems to be quite a few different conclusions and many tiny details mentioned by other posters too.

As you guys said, it's kinda unnatural if it's unintentional. But to me it doesn't completely seem like a natural movement to jump that way either as an intentional move.

It's fair if you guys think if it's intentional, as a Flames fan, it's more of a prayer that it wasn't intentional.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Is the stick there or not? Brodie is a professional athlete. He' strong.

The only one reaching....is Brodie....with his stick into Tkachuk's legs.

Unless Brodie lifted Tkachuk's left ankle, then immediately lightning fast turned the blade over to use superhuman strength to force Tkachuk's whole leg and knee down into Campbell's head, then whatever you think Brodie did had absolutely nothing to do with what's being discussed.

Last edited:
Reactions: nbwingsfan

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Unless Brodie lifted Tkachuk's left ankle, the immediately lightning fast turned the blade over to use superhuman strength to force Tkachuk's whole leg and knee down into Campbell's head, then whatever you think Brodie did had absolutely nothing to do with what's being discussed.

What are you talking about. When someone scoops out your ankles, you fall onto your knees. Brodie's stick is across both of Tkachuk's ankles. You can see Brodie's stick still in both of Tkachuk's ankles:

maxresdefault.jpg

On top of that Camptell was reaching forward and putting his stick and arms into Tkachuk's skates.

I suppose if Tkachuk as he was falling violently went into some kind of star fish/belly flop instead of resisting falling he would have been able to avoid going down on his kness....that would have been a lot more dangerous though.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
No, the DOPS stopped paying attention to the Leafs once they started crying about crosschecks.

The boy finally correctly cried wolf, but no one listened. Are they to blame? Absolutely not! The boy in this situation is still fake crying wolf, hence the DOPS is ignoring it! Get a grip!

You realize Matthews missed a game because of that crosscheck and then was visibly not himself in the next game back...right? And BTW, no one talked about the DoPS over that incident.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
No, the DOPS stopped paying attention to the Leafs once they started crying about crosschecks.

The boy finally correctly cried wolf, but no one listened. Are they to blame? Absolutely not! The boy in this situation is still fake crying wolf, hence the DOPS is ignoring it! Get a grip!

Can you stay on topic?

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
What are you talking about. When someone scoops out your ankles, you fall onto your knees. Brodie's stick is across both of Tkachuk's ankles. You can see Brodie's stick still in both of Tkachuk's ankles:

maxresdefault.jpg

On top of that Camptell was reaching forward and putting his stick and arms into Tkachuk's skates.

I suppose if Tkachuk as he was falling violently went into some kind of star fish/belly flop instead of resisting falling he would have been able to avoid going down on his kness....that would have been a lot more dangerous though.

You'll do everything except hold Tkachuk accountable, it's hilarious

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I do think that Tkachuck is initially just losing his balance but come on, no professional hockey player's reaction time is that bad. Absolutely zero effort to soften the blow. He took advantage of a messy situation to accidentally on purpose knee Campbell in the back.

Reactions: volcom92886

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
You'll do everything except hold Tkachuk accountable, it's hilarious

You'll do everything except acknowledge that Tkachuk was tripped...is that how this works?

......I'm actually just point out facts. Brodie literally has his stick in Tkachuk's ankles even after he falls. This isn't some JFK type scenario. Brodie scoops out Tkachuk's ankles. Tkachuk falls. Pretty simple cause and effect. I literally just provided a photo clearly showing the stick across both ankles.

The actual NHL officials in charge of disciplining players have decided not to take action. What does that tell you?

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
You'll do everything except acknowledge that Tkachuk was tripped...is that how this works?

......I'm actually just point out facts. Brodie literally has his stick in Tkachuk's ankles even after he falls. This isn't some JFK type scenario. Brodie scoops out Tkachuk's ankles. Tkachuk falls. Pretty simple cause and effect. I literally just provided a photo clearly showing the stick across both ankles.

The actual NHL officials in charge of disciplining players have decided not to take action. What does that tell you?

Buddy your own fans in your own GDT acknowledge it was a dirty play. Read through the thread, it's literally you and like 2 other guys alone in this, I'm not sure if you're dating Tkachuk or what the deal is but come on get real.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021

A leafs fan sees this as intentional because apparently DOPS and the refs and the NHL all hate the Leafs. Everyone else sees this as accidental contact, that was partially cause by Tkachuk rushing the net and partially by Brodie tripping him.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada

lmao!

you can’t make this up!

this is homer beyond levels.

have you ever put on a pair of skates? Serious questions. Cause if you did then you know that’s not normally how people go down when they’re tripped.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I think this thread can be boiled down to 3 groups people.
1. Those who are flames fans who can’t go against their team in any circumstance.
2. The trolls who just want to be contrarians just piss people off.
3. Every other normal human with a functioning brain that saw an intentional f***ing knee drop to the back of a guys head.
Or those that can't look at it dispassionately and without emotion to try and determine exactly what did happen.

Was there a goal mouth scramble? Yes
Was Tkachuk involved? Yes.
Was Tkachuk's forward motion abruptly stopped? Yes.
Where was Tkachuk's forward motion stopped? His feet.
Was Tkachuk physically impacted by any other player? Yes (Brodie).
Did Tkachuk land on Campbell's head/shoulder? Yes.
Was it on purpose? No. The angle and slo-mo from the OP is deceiving.
Did the Leaf's coaching staff ask Campbell if he was ok? No.
Did the league yank Campbell from play for concussion protocol? No.
Did Brodie show any extraoridnary concern for Campbell back at the bench? No.

Reactions: Pucknut22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad