Matthew "The Knee" Tkachuk suspension incoming?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
We all know he isn't going to get suspended. But anyone that thinks Matthew Tkachuk accidentally landed on the goalies head knees first is just being willfully ignorant lol.

I don't even hear anyone talking about the league even looking at it. But I only follow MacKenzie and Friedman. Neither have said a peep about it, so I'm assuming all us Leafs fans are over-reacting.

It will need to be dealt with tomorrow night (or not)

Still hoping Campbell is ok, but haven't heard a word about that either.

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
Or those that can't look at it dispassionately and without emotion to try and determine exactly what did happen.

Was there a goal mouth scramble? Yes
Was Tkachuk involved? Yes.
Was Tkachuk's forward motion abruptly stopped? Yes.
Where was Tkachuk's forward motion stopped? His feet.
Was Tkachuk physically impacted by any other player? Yes (Brodie).
Did Tkachuk land on Campbell's head/shoulder? Yes.
Was it on purpose? No. The angle and slo-mo from the OP is deceiving.
Did the Leaf's coaching staff ask Campbell if he was ok? No.
Did the league yank Campbell from play for concussion protocol? No.
Did Brodie show any extraoridnary concern for Campbell back at the bench? No.

Where was Tkachuk's forward motion abruptly stopped? He was standing still through the whole scrum. No one's stick touched his skates or legs and no one pushed him from behind. In what world did he not just throw himself down on top of Campbell? My gut instinct is that he was trying to draw a penalty in the mayhem hoping it would look like he was crosschecked etc. I think it was a dive, but at the same time I'm not convinced that he was really trying to drive his knee into Campbell. It looks like really bad embellishment to me.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I do think that Tkachuck is initially just losing his balance but come on, no professional hockey player's reaction time is that bad. Absolutely zero effort to soften the blow. He took advantage of a messy situation to accidentally on purpose knee Campbell in the back.

Actually, watch in real time: his reaction time is *that good*. The move was lightning fast. Might have gone unnoticed without replays.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
A leafs fan sees this as intentional because apparently DOPS and the refs and the NHL all hate the Leafs. Everyone else sees this as accidental contact, that was partially cause by Tkachuk rushing the net and partially by Brodie tripping him.

Literally no one but a couple of Calgary fans see this as accidental. There are like 20 people in this thread that said they hate the Leafs but it's a dirty play.

This take is probably worse than the take that the play was accidental.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Do you honestly think fan reaction has any part in the decision making? They don't care what the fans think.

They (DoPS/NHL) probably do care about negative media attention, thus suspending a player for something vs Leafs equals negative media attention that will be on every channel, not just sports stations, but the evening news sports highlights.

Makes sense for the DoPS and NHL to gloss over this type of thing when you think about it.

Reactions: Pucknut22

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
These holy than thou posts like this really bother me. Thank you for you utopian enlightenment on how society works in your head. For the rest of us, he needs a beating for crossing the line, and hopefully causes him to think before doing it again. Dude’s a predator, he needs to be taught a lesson or he’ll keep doing it. FYI suspensions rarely work for someone that does crap like this.
What exactly in there is “holier than thou”?

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
I mean the guy called someone juvenile for wanting justice on someone who clearly doesnt respect other players health or safety.

Fighting isnt banned and its an important part of the game no matter how many victim card wearing snowflakes start watching the game and complain they dont like it.

If you dont like it... go watch something less likely to offend your delicate sensibilities. Like tennis or ringette.
That’s not what that guy said

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
What are you talking about. When someone scoops out your ankles, you fall onto your knees. Brodie's stick is across both of Tkachuk's ankles. You can see Brodie's stick still in both of Tkachuk's ankles:

maxresdefault.jpg

On top of that Camptell was reaching forward and putting his stick and arms into Tkachuk's skates.

I suppose if Tkachuk as he was falling violently went into some kind of star fish/belly flop instead of resisting falling he would have been able to avoid going down on his kness....that would have been a lot more dangerous though.

Dude, give it up. That isn't someone's ankles being pushed out causing them to stumble onto both knees, it's a coward taking advantage of being a little off balance to do coward stuff.
Untitled-1.jpg

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
this thread is a reminder how so many things work when emotion gets involved, or don't work for that matter.

if anyone with a straight face can tell me that someone in the NHL, best in the world at hockey, on skates and conditioning could not do anything else in that situation to help protect campbell then i apologize you don't give these guys enough credit, you've never played or skated yourself, or you just don't really know what you're watching. Someone could pull hundreds of clips of players 'avoiding' things, in whatever body position (hint: it happens all the time) and you can see that these men can do remarkable things when they DON'T want to hit something, or someone. full speed, bent over, falling, cornering etc... you can see amazing feats of their ability to avoid certain things.

i also think this thread is an example of how we get caught up in trying to label something - intentional/unintentional. How about we call this a careless wreckless play by a player with a history of questionable behavior. Again, we aren't going to get this right until players are held accountable for their actions REGARDLESS of result (injury).

of personal opinion, this play was bullshit and Tkachuk deserves a knee his next game.

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
Or those that can't look at it dispassionately and without emotion to try and determine exactly what did happen.

Uhmm you left out the part when he drove his knee onto his head, but otherwise I’m quite impressed with how far you managed to wedge your head up your own rear end to come up with this horrible interpretation this play. I’m not a fan of either team, as I said earlier, my sole intention of clicking on this thread was to see the typical hf leaf fan inferiority complex. Matter of fact me living in New England and typically loathing anything about the leafs should lend some credence to my observations about this incident.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

Are you a fervent Tkachuk defender? Yes.

Wake up. Tkachuk intentionally injures other players. This isn't news. He's Matt Cooke but a lot better at hockey.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The fact that I can laugh out loud at YOUR post (because it was a good one) tells me everything I need to know. And yet nothing will happen about it.

Eastern Canada is going to get a heck of an awakening regarding the Matthew Tkachuk Friendship Tour. Part of what makes him so f***ing infuriating is he's a hell of a player too. He's not just an Antoine Roussel or Matt Cooke type where if you ignore him you neutralize him, he can hurt you in a lot of different ways, including some of the dirtiest plays you'll ever see in a hockey rink.

No, nothing will happen. Nothing ever happens. Still not sure why.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
The fact that I can laugh out loud at YOUR post (because it was a good one) tells me everything I need to know. And yet nothing will happen about it.
He said he meant to fall on him but not on the head. Therefore a suspension is not warranted. Try not to get so worked up about it, it is what it is.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
What are you talking about. When someone scoops out your ankles, you fall onto your knees. Brodie's stick is across both of Tkachuk's ankles. You can see Brodie's stick still in both of Tkachuk's ankles:

maxresdefault.jpg

On top of that Camptell was reaching forward and putting his stick and arms into Tkachuk's skates.

I suppose if Tkachuk as he was falling violently went into some kind of star fish/belly flop instead of resisting falling he would have been able to avoid going down on his kness....that would have been a lot more dangerous though.
Yeah his ankles were scooped that caused his knees to drop on Campbell's head :laugh:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
As someone that despises both the Flames and Leafs - Tkachuk is as dirty as they come. I'm not sure he meant to knee Campbell in the head, but he *did* mean to knee him.
Can this apply next time someone just means to cross-check Tkachuk but hits him in right in the face?

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Uhmm you left out the part when he drove his knee onto his head, but otherwise I’m quite impressed with how far you managed to wedge your head up your own rear end to come up with this horrible interpretation this play. I’m not a fan of either team, as I said earlier, my sole intention of clicking on this thread was to see the typical hf leaf fan inferiority complex. Matter of fact me living in New England and typically loathing anything about the leafs should lend some credence to my observations about this incident.
I guess you didn't watch the replay over and over like I did. He did not drive his knee into Campbell's head and from certain angles it almost looked like his should. In any event, there was contact and when you lose your balance your weight follows where ever you happen to fall.

Reactions: h8erfisternator

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I hope, in the next game, all the Leaf players are as worked up and foaming at the mouth about Chucky as all the haters are in this thread. If so, Chucky and the Flames win.
A lot of people here need to relax a little more. A lot worse things happen in hockey games.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Are you a fervent Tkachuk defender? Yes.

Wake up. Tkachuk intentionally injures other players. This isn't news. He's Matt Cooke but a lot better at hockey.

Who are these players that Tkachuk has injured? The worst thing he's ever done is the Doughty elbow, and the Doughty/Tkachuk physicality is hardly one sided.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I guess you didn't watch the replay over and over like I did. He did not drive his knee into Campbell's head and from certain angles it almost looked like his should. In any event, there was contact and when you lose your balance your weight follows where ever you happen to fall.

Leafs fans are engaging in exuberant amount of hyperbole. It's comical making such a huge deal of a player losing balance and falling on the goaltender. No one else is discussing it because it's such a minimal issue. Well, except Leafs fans and their media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad