Matthew "The Knee" Tkachuk suspension incoming?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Tkachuk only had one foot entirely
On the ice for that entire sequence, as he avoided stepping on Anderson's stick after he tips the puck.

he only swings his leg because his planted food got nudged. How do you , as a Junior player, expect your body to react when your single planted foot gets moved? Thats the golden way every hockey player lands on their ass, except Tkachuk is mid-play so hed rather fall forward.

If getting a skate "nudged" caused professional hockey players with next to no forward momentum to kick a leg up 5+ feet off the ice we'd have a hell of a lot more facial lacerations and Malarchuk incidents. But luckily you're talking out of your ass, it doesn't happen, and we don't have to deal with that.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Tkachuk only had one foot entirely
On the ice for that entire sequence, as he avoided stepping on Anderson's stick after he tips the puck.

he only swings his leg because his planted food got nudged. How do you , as a Junior player, expect your body to react when your single planted foot gets moved? Thats the golden way every hockey player lands on their ass, except Tkachuk is mid-play so hed rather fall forward.

Curious, do you normally drive said leg forward to soften the blow?

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I think it's entirely possible for him to fall. I don't question or have a problem with that. It's the backwards swing and drive of the leg you see in the other angle. That part has nothing to do with falling.

Yup, players ending up on the goalie happens all the time. Players almost kicking other players in the face and still getting their knee down to be a main contact point on the goalies back, then sitting there in the fetal position? Not so much

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
Next everyone will tell me Tkachuk was more focused on beheading the goalie than getting the loose puck

everyone becomes a physicist and an Olympic-level skater when these things happen. Yet nothing ever comes of them and no NHL players actually bring them up because they are nothing plays

im sure the Toronto Mapleleafs just dont care that Tkachuk 'purposely' took their goalies head off lmfao. And go figure Campbell had nothing but praise for Tkachuk after the game

Reactions: h8erfisternator

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
I played Junior, and going from a standing start to one leg being at face level behind you to landing on both knees is not an incidental fall, nor something you do trying to keep your balance/ protect yourself. It's a sell job

I stayed at a holiday inn last night, does that count?

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Not to sound rude.. but how many people who think this was 'intentional' have skated at any sort of competitive level in ice hockey?

Tkachuk's one foot is off the ice cause he avoided stepping on Campbell's stick, then his other gets caught in between Campbell's stick and everyone else piling in, and once that single planted foot starts to move he has to swing his leg to keep from absolutely destroying his knee of the planted leg.

its a game of blades on ice and people wonder why a guy is falling down in a crease with 3-4 players packed in. And somehow people are able to claim intent?

again, not questioning peoples hockey intelligence but moreso their history of skating at any level past mens league

I played fairly high level hockey most of my life, so I can speak to this.

You are correct, he did not fall on his own, and his legs going up is completely natural. However, he had a hand planeted on Campbells back. Anyone who has fallen, skates or not, knows once that hand is down you have fairly good control over your body. Now he was going to come down in some way, no issue there. It is clear and evident that he drove his left knee down into Campbells back/neck/head.

I get defending your player, all fanbases do it, but its clear there was intent.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021

You are correct, he did not fall on his own, and his legs going up is completely natural. However, he had a hand planeted on Campbells back. Anyone who has fallen, skates or not, knows once that hand is down you have fairly good control over your body. Now he was going to come down in some way, no issue there. however it is clear and evident that he drove his left knee down into Campbells back/neck/head.

I get defending your player, all fanbases do it, but its clear there was intent.

The reason I think it came down with such force is, if you fo by 0.25 speed on Youtube, his one planted leg starts to slide forward as Campbell moves, which I believe takes his body weight forward a nudge which pulls his leg with him.

i dont doubt there was 'intent' on Tkachuk not caring where he falls, hes an agitator type. But I dont see any way he even has the time to think it up, let alone position himself to do it WHILE looking innocent.

Reactions: Pucknut22

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
What you provided was a photo of Brodie's stick on Andersen's back with Tkachuk on top of it. Try posting the photo of Tkachuk's left leg when he pulls it back and show us where Brodie's stick is. HINT - It's across Andersen's back.

Show me a picture of where Brodie’s stick is on Andersen’s back? He must have a long stick, because Andersen was sitting on the bench the whole game. Slowed the video down to frame by frame and Tkachuk’s stick is under Brodie’s stick. The blade of Brodie’s stick is right around and below Campbell’s mask. So as Campbell moved forward it pushed Brodie’s stick away from the net and into Tkachuk’s feet, essentially pushing his planted right foot out from under him, that might be why it looks like Tkachuk kicks off with his right foot.

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
The reason I think it came down with such force is, if you fo by 0.25 speed on Youtube, his one planted leg starts to slide forward as Campbell moves, which I believe takes his body weight forward a nudge which pulls his leg with him.

i dont doubt there was 'intent' on Tkachuk not caring where he falls, hes an agitator type. But I dont see any way he even has the time to think it up, let alone position himself to do it WHILE looking innocent.

You have no interest in actually discussing what happened, only absolving Tkachuk of any wrong doing. He doesn't look innocent and he had plently of time to make a split second decision to do something extremely dirty and dangerous. He has shown several times he is not the kind of person who thinks about the consequences of his actions, nor is he the type to care if someone gets hurt by his actions. No need to discuss further, since he won't come out and aid it was on purpose and it's clear thats the only thing that would change your mind.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Show me a picture of where Brodie’s stick is on Andersen’s back? He must have a long stick, because Andersen was sitting on the bench the whole game. Slowed the video down to frame by frame and Tkachuk’s stick is under Brodie’s stick. The blade of Brodie’s stick is right around and below Campbell’s mask. So as Campbell moved forward it pushed Brodie’s stick away from the net and into Tkachuk’s feet, essentially pushing his planted right foot out from under him, that might be why it looks like Tkachuk kicks off with his right foot.

Sorry...Campbell. It's his left foot and leg that pulls back and drives down.

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
First you need to put what you say after the quote part so it doesn’t just look like what I said. Also there are multiple posts in here, one from the poster i originally quoted saying “hopefully” Simmonds fights him. Hoping for something really that different from wishing that you need to drag this out like this?

Does being a condescending person come naturally or do you work at it. You must be a joy to watch a game with.

Fisticuffer

Mar 14, 2020
I’m really souring on Tkachuk. When he broke into the league I admired his gumption and battle level.
Now when I watch the way he conducts himself on the ice I Have serious concerns about his character and find myself describing him as a chicken shit punk. I really hope somebody can reel his act in because I don’t trust his judgement and worry he’s going to seriously hurt somebody.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

You are correct, he did not fall on his own, and his legs going up is completely natural. However, he had a hand planeted on Campbells back. Anyone who has fallen, skates or not, knows once that hand is down you have fairly good control over your body. Now he was going to come down in some way, no issue there. It is clear and evident that he drove his left knee down into Campbells back/neck/head.

Gross. What a total idiot. I hadn't seen it from that angle. Pretty clear.

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
Sorry...Campbell. It's his left foot and leg that pulls back and drives down.

I can see it both ways. He’s not totally innocent but I don’t think he’s totally at fault either. We don’t know what’s going through his mind, he could have been trying to lift his left leg up to step over Campbell until his right leg is pushed out from under him, at that point he’s falling no matter what. Sorry, I don’t think it was you, but some people had said he kicked off or jumped with his right foot.

I don’t think it’s conclusive that it was an intent to injure or an accident. All we know is that Tkachuk has played to the edge his whole career and is considered a pest, sometime he crosses the line and doing so has given him a bad rep such that some people just instantly think he’s always out to injure someone.

Edit: maybe he wasn’t stepping over, lifting his leg for whatever reason not to directly knee Campbell or maybe trying to regain his balance. But the reason he comes down so hard is because his right foot gets pushed out by Campbell himself. I’m just glad Campbell didn’t get hurt on the play.

Last edited:

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
'Plenty of time' to make a 'split-second decision'

You sound like youve never played a single sport, let alone hockey

And you sound like basic comphrension skills are well out of your reach. It seems like you are confusing intent with premeditated. Lets agree you have no clue what your talking about so we can all move on.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Does being a condescending person come naturally or do you work at it. You must be a joy to watch a game with.
Really? The first post responding to me was condescending, but you don’t feel the need to comment to that person? Give me a break already. For someone screaming about justice in this thread you sure have an issue with me talking to people the way they are talking to me.

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
Maybe the reason Tkachuk’s leg was in the air was he was trying to regain his balance. There are a lot of things happening very quickly and it’s hard to know what is going through their heads at the time. Once his foot is pushed out he tucks into a ball to prevent himself an injury. How many NHL players out there would risk themselves getting an injury over accidentally injuring someone else?

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Next everyone will tell me Tkachuk was more focused on beheading the goalie than getting the loose puck

everyone becomes a physicist and an Olympic-level skater when these things happen. Yet nothing ever comes of them and no NHL players actually bring them up because they are nothing plays

im sure the Toronto Mapleleafs just dont care that Tkachuk 'purposely' took their goalies head off lmfao. And go figure Campbell had nothing but praise for Tkachuk after the game

Campbell realizes the quality of person Tkachuk is, great guy on and off the ice who sometimes may go over the line. This instance however, was not one of those times. Hence, why Campbell didn't speak on it. It's unfathomable people are going to lengths to discredit Tkachuk's character.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Campbell realizes the quality of person Tkachuk is, great guy on and off the ice who sometimes may go over the line. This instance however, was not one of those times. Hence, why Campbell didn't speak on it.

He's just a really nice guy, he always says nice things. If he's angry or happy after the game it really doesn't change what type of hit it was.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Piece of shit movie as usual per Tkachuk. But won’t be a suspension cause league safety office is too dumb to see that obvious intent.

Leafs too soft to make him answer the call.

tkachuk gets off Scott free

FanTheFlames

Aug 20, 2017
Tkachuk is an absolute beauty knows just how to consistently put together large hf threads an absolute one of a kind talent.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Piece of shit movie as usual per Tkachuk. But won’t be a suspension cause league safety office is too dumb to see that obvious intent.

Leafs too soft to make him answer the call.

tkachuk gets off Scott free

There was 30 seconds left in a one goal game. Taking a penalty and giving them a possible 1 or even 2 points if they score in a power play is stupid. It's not soft to want to win the game as opposed to starting a fight with 30 seconds left. At the end of the season no ones going to remember a fight but those two points to the Flames zero matter.

Reactions: Atomos2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad