Matthew "The Knee" Tkachuk suspension incoming?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
So you’re saying Tkachuk acted like a professional?

If he man's up and answers the bell if challenge to account for his actions, sure.

Look what happened between him and Kassian. When he finally stood up like a man, it was over.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
If he man's up and answers the bell if challenge to account for his actions, sure.

Look what happened between him and Kassian. When he finally stood up like a man, it was over.
... Still this again? It was Draisaitl who refused to fight Tkachuk. Tkachuk is a star forward. He has no obligation to trade give minutes with a goon.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
That's just not true. It's insane that you think that.
Roll off him.

Even while falling, throwing/rolling your shoulder is a very, very easy thing to do. When his arm is braced he has the opportunity to roll his right shoulder and land safely, he doesn't. Afterwards, he could roll in any direction and doesn't until shoved.

You've got to be kidding me if you think he's staying on Campbell because he's worried about him.
Honestly man I got no clue anymore. At first I hated that hit and I feel like such a homer by being able to continually push back on little stuff and I keep hitting post and thinking "Shit, did I really just say that?" I don't even know why, honestly. It just keeps happening. I can't justify that knee coming down and there's no reason for me to try to, he drops that right into Campbell's back. it's not suspension worthy but he clearly doesn't care about other players out there on the other team and feeling a need to continually defend him because of his jersey is getting tiring with how many liberties he takes. Like, last year he was cleaning up his game and then he pulls this. I don't even know what I'm saying at this point. I'm just tired of his antics at this point idk

Dache

Feb 12, 2018

I said acted, that’s past tense. I know this because I’m older than 5 or 6. So I’ll ask again, did he act like a professional in your opinion?

snag

Feb 22, 2014
... Still this again? It was Draisaitl who refused to fight Tkachuk. Tkachuk is a star forward. He has no obligation to trade give minutes with a goon.

Huh? This has to do with Tkachuk taking runs at Kassian. Learn your history.

And my point was it was dealt with and it was OVER

Reactions: North

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Your telling me that when he was in mid air if he’d rolled his body sideways and landed on Anderson’s back and already injured leg with his shoulder driving the force of his body everything would be fine? There probably would be more outrage than there already is because you would say Tkachuk already knew he had issues with his leg so he tried to land as much weight as possible on it.

How long was he on Anderson for? Half a second? Him trying to roll off could of hurt Brodie who was still next to him, then you’d say he was trying to injure them both. Rolling also puts more pressure down on one side of Anderson’s body and could have done more damage.

Tkachuk flirts with the line a lot. Sometimes he crosses it. The reason he’s a good player is because he plays to that line a lot of the time, frustrating opponents and getting them off their game. I don’t see how this could have ended better considering everyone was driving the net. It definitely could have been worse. Anderson still finished the game and came out after the game saying he was fine.
It would be more like forcing his way right between the goaltender and Brodie. Using the leverage he appears to have, it's not unreasonable to ask him to focus on planting his right side to the ice, pushing out a little space to nestle in between them It's just Brodie's arm, which can be moved, and isn't about to hyperextend or anything. His lower body would probably settle on top of the goalie's shoulder/arm but with him driving his weight forward and towards the ice (instead of into his lower body) he could do a lot to minimize damage there. It even looks like that's what his instincts are telling him to do, before he just goes dead weight.

You guys are over here arguing that there's no way to get off a guy without "possibly injuring him" and I'm wondering where all that consideration is during the fall, because no effort is made to avoid hurting him there.

We've all seen too much hockey to play this f***ing game, it's embarrassing. You don't nestle up like an egg on top of people. Nothing about that makes sense. That's what you do when you wrestle your siblings to make yourself heavy in ways that hurt, not what happens when you accidentally fall in a heap with other people.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
How many times does he have to """"accidentally"""" injure a player before he gets a suspension?

The Flames have two bonified knee snipers in Giordano and Tkachuk. Might as well bring Cooke out of retirement to complete the trifecta.

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
Just like he accidently stomped on Davidsons leg and shattered his femur. Or like he accidentally kicked McDavid in the back of the knee he injured.

Even if he is just "accidentally" doing things that end up with him hurting other players game in and game out... at a certain point he needs to stop playing in a reckless way that puts everyone else in danger. Frankly I dont care how accidental or intentional it is at this point; every game he goes out there and either hurts someone or very nearly hurts someone. I just listed 3 plays that I've only ever seen once and each and every time it was Tkachuk doing it, "accidentally." At a certain point its not chance, whether he means to or not, its unnacceptable behavior and its incredibly disrespectful to all his peers.

So you are saying you have never seen a player kick someone? Check out Kassian kicking someone in the chest, fully with the blade of his skate. There’s one other and I’m sure there are tons more examples out there too

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
So you are saying you have never seen a player kick someone? Check out Kassian kicking someone in the chest, fully with the blade of his skate. There’s one other and I’m sure there are tons more examples out there too

What does Kassian have to do with this thread? This thread is about Tkachuk kneeing a goaltender in the back of the head.

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
He already tried to slice Edler's shins open while he was in the middle of his dive.

Exactky, I know he’s talented, but I don’t think he’s talented enough to pull that off without even looking that direction and while being hit to the ice

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
So you agree that Tkachuk should be suspended for this knee play?

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
What does Kassian have to do with this thread? This thread is about Tkachuk kneeing a goaltender in the back of the head.

I understand that, you said you just listed 3 plays that you have only ever seen happen once, just pointing out that things happens all the time, and that it’s not just Tkachuk that does it

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
Imagine coming from Calgary Puck and making a HF account just to white knight Tkachuk :laugh::laugh:

Coming from Calgary puck, I’m not on there, but that’s cool, must have me mixed up with someone else.

So you agree that Tkachuk should be suspended for this knee play?

Honestly no I don’t think so. It was an accident from driving the net. He didn’t maliciously dive on the goalie, driving the net, battling with Brodie and fell on him. That’s all there is to it. There was no violent jump and knee extension

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Coming from Calgary puck, I’m not on there, but that’s cool, must have me mixed up with someone else.

Honestly no I don’t think so. It was an accident from driving the net. He didn’t maliciously dive on the goalie, driving the net, battling with Brodie and fell on him. That’s all there is to it. There was no violent jump and knee extension
No violent knee extension? Are we not watching the same video where he slams it back down in an unnatural manner?

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
No violent knee extension? Are we not watching the same video where he slams it back down in an unnatural manner?

Have you not heard of gravity before? It’s the thing that keeps us on the ground and from floating away.. anything in the air will come back to the ground, that’s just how it works.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Your telling me that when he was in mid air if he’d rolled his body sideways and landed on Anderson’s back and already injured leg with his shoulder driving the force of his body everything would be fine? There probably would be more outrage than there already is because you would say Tkachuk already knew he had issues with his leg so he tried to land as much weight as possible on it.

How long was he on Anderson for? Half a second? Him trying to roll off could of hurt Brodie who was still next to him, then you’d say he was trying to injure them both. Rolling also puts more pressure down on one side of Anderson’s body and could have done more damage.

Tkachuk flirts with the line a lot. Sometimes he crosses it. The reason he’s a good player is because he plays to that line a lot of the time, frustrating opponents and getting them off their game. I don’t see how this could have ended better considering everyone was driving the net. It definitely could have been worse. Anderson still finished the game and came out after the game saying he was fine.

Who's this Anderson you keep on talking about?

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
Dont take his head off, take Gaudreau's.

He'll learn to settle down when his teammates are asking him to.
You realize if anyone from the leafs touches anyone else than Tkachuk (especially a star player like Gaudreau) that the (heavier, more dangerous) Flames will then go straight for Matthews, Marner and Nylander, right?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

First, its spelled Andersen, and he didn't even play tonight.

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
Yeah I heard of gravity, so why did his knee come up again before going down.

Ask him that, we don’t share thoughts, I’m not in his head. I’ve said my piece before and how I think it happened.

Whether he tucked his knee or not, what difference does it make? He’s still gonna land on him, tucking his knee pushes his contact point further onto his back rather than just his head.

I don’t like to see players get hurt from a situation like that and by the sounds of it, he isn’t injured from it, but I don’t think it’s suspension worthy either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad