Matthew "The Knee" Tkachuk suspension incoming?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
That actually was intentional, I'm sure. But he can sell it as unintentional, so no penalty unfortunately.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Does he not have control of his arms? I mean humans put out there arms when falling by instinct. Toddlers do it when they start learning to walk. You're telling me Tkachuk is more biologically inept than a toddler?

If he had let go of his stick when Brodie pushes on it he wouldn't of fallen over, he'd also look like an idiot if he just gave up at that point in the game. He's already landed when he lets go and braces himself.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
His arms are already down and braced, his back is curved, and his legs are half extended, at one point they're parallel to the ice. At that point in time it looks recoverable. It's that he tucks his knees and the point of contact ends up being so much farther up than if he had just fallen that smells bad to me. Both in real time and slowed down it just doesn't look very natural. He comes down with so much force at that primary point of impact that he f***ing bounces lmao

Not expecting a suspension. Partly because these kinds of plays require more discretion and interpretation than what the NHL likes to suspend for and partly because the league just doesn't seem to care that much about knee infractions in general. There's been worse knee infractions than this in the past 5 years that didn't even get reviewed.

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
It’s really, really gross and transparent how posters here will look the other way when a player does something dirty against a Leafs player.
Tkachuk blatantly raises his knee in the air and drives it in to Campbell’s neck/head while he’s laying on the ice. That’s just an undeniable fact.

Is it suspendedable? Probably not, but that’s exactly why it’s hard to take the league seriously when they claim they are for player safety.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This play probably left Campbell's mind the second he left the Saddledome. Everything has to get dissected to death in the NHL these days

Reactions: h8erfisternator

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If he had let go of his stick when Brodie pushes on it he wouldn't of fallen over, he'd also look like an idiot. He's already landed when he lets go and braces himself.
So it's better that he not look like an idiot than take care not to crash his knees into someone's head? Or at the very least get the f*** off after it already happened?

By the time he "lands" he does absolutely zero to get Campbell out of that situation. He doesn't even kind of move his legs to start getting off which really looks like someone with no intention to do so.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think... that originally Tkachuk got tied up with a Leafs player, and causes his right leg to do what it did. The left leg though? All on his own.

Don’t like it as I see it as something slimy to do, especially with him probably knowing Campbell was already struggling to get up on his own in the first place.

You probably could have the argument of him trying to avoid a skate in the air, but I don’t buy it.

I defend Tkachuk on many things that I don’t believe are blatant, but this is not one of them. Wasn’t a fan. Be better Matthew.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Not as soft as Calgary.

Only teams with big strong Dcores in the North are Montreal and Ottawa.

Don't need to be big to not be soft. There'd be three guys dog piling a player in Tkachuk's position.

I don't care if it's 100% unintentional. You don't just let someone fall on your goalie and hope for the league to step in.

Reactions: h8erfisternator

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
This play probably left Campbell's mind the second he left the Saddledome. Everything has to get dissected to death in the NHL these days
That’s not a good argument.

Just because a player did something incredibly dangerous and it didn’t result in injury doesn’t make it any less dangerous.

This is why the league being reactive rather than proactive is such a joke.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Man, I thought my baby niece whined a lot but it's nothing compared to Tkachuk haters on this board. It's hilarious.

The slow-mo videos help Chucky's case here.

You can see that rather than driving his knee into Campbell's head like he could've (basically what every Tkachuk hater seems to believe), you can see that Tkachuk actually not only makes sure his knee stays in the air as long as possible, but also adjusts his knee so it hits Campbell flush rather than with his knee pointed, which would've been a lot worse.

You can even see him use his left arm to push up off Campbell so that his knee slows down.

Obviously it's Tkachuk so there was some intent there, but he could've "accidentally" hit Campbell a lot worse on that play. Leafs fans making a lot outta nothing.

Even Campbell after the game said he doesn't see Tkachuk as a menace, but as a really good player.

On a side note, I wonder what the over/under is on Tkachuk-bashing threads this season. One of the best things about the North Division is having Canadian teams cry for 1/3 of the season having to deal with the Tkachuk's

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
That’s not a good argument.

Just because a player did something incredibly dangerous and it didn’t result in injury doesn’t make it any less dangerous.

This is why the league being reactive rather than proactive is such a joke.
Either the Leafs players are so gutless that they don't respond to an attempt to injure their goalie or, more likely, the incident wasn't intentional and everyone moved on

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Don't need to be big to not be soft. There'd be three guys dog piling a player in Tkachuk's position.

I don't care if it's 100% unintentional. You don't just let someone fall on your goalie and hope for the league to step in.

Calgary is just as soft.

Nobody did squat when Simmonds took his dangerous boarding penalty either.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Man, I thought my baby niece whined a lot but it's nothing compared to Tkachuk haters on this board. It's hilarious.

The slow-mo videos help Chucky's case here.

You can see that rather than driving his knee into Campbell's head like he could've (basically what every Tkachuk hater seems to believe), you can see that Tkachuk actually not only makes sure his knee stays in the air as long as possible, but also adjusts his knee so it hits Campbell flush rather than with his knee pointed, which would've been a lot worse.
Interesting analysis, because to me you clearly see him forcefully driving his knee towards him instead of doing the natural reaction like allowing it to get lowered on its own.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Either the Leafs players are so gutless that they don't respond to an attempt to injure their goalie or, more likely, the incident wasn't intentional and everyone moved on
What about Toronto not wanting to risk getting a penalty when Calgary was already playing 6v5 and giving them a better chance to tie the game.

Reactions: Rude Dog

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Tkachuk's knee is literally on Campbell's back when it makes contact, whereas if he doesn't tuck the leg it's more likely to catch Campbell's head. Food for thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad