Matthew "The Knee" Tkachuk suspension incoming?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
There is a major difference between Tkachuk kicking the back of Campbell's head, compared to Kesler holding onto Talbot's pad and which interfered with his ability to make a save and allowing a goal against.
Especially coming from a player who routinely "accidentally" injures other players. Being a little dirty and skirting between the rules is one thing. Constantly injuring players on purpose and trying to make it look like an accident has no place in hockey.

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
Looks pretty intentional, sh!tbag play, should get at least a game but he won’t because dops. I didn’t see this live I hope a leaf crushed him for that.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I don't even think he was off balance and needed to fall, I think he saw an opportunity. It'll be 0 games though, how do you prove that he meant to? The best proof is it was Tkachuk.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
How can someone not see that he intentionally forced his knee down on the goalie? I dont expect anything from DoPs but it should be a penalty and an ass kicking. Will be interesting to see if the Leafs have enough spine to respond.

Tkachuk is the new and evolved Marchand...shit disturber, dirty, takes advantage of "falls" to hide said dirty plays, and a good hockey player. He definitely seems to be sneakier than Marchand though.
I wouldn't exactly call it evolved.

Marchand is definitely a rat, but has he ever turtled like Tkachuk?

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I haven't read the responses but there's no way that wasn't unintentional. He pulls his leg back and slams it forward directly into his head.

If the leafs don't murder Tkachuk then they're a bunch of nutless losers.

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Cmon guys, it's Tkachuk. I think the "accidentally/on-purpose" act was a little too blatent here though.

My biggest beef with all of this was that the Leafs were trying to get a whistle for the last minute as Campbell had injured himself and pulling that stuff with an already injured player........

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
There is a major difference between Tkachuk kicking the back of Campbell's head, compared to Kesler holding onto Talbot's pad and which interfered with his ability to make a save and allowing a goal against.
Overreaction by both fan bases on a nothing incident. I see no difference

Reactions: h8erfisternator

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

His feet are up in the air already going over Brodie. Is bringing your knees in a natural response to that? Like I guess he could have just went limp.

If it wasn't Tkachuk no one would even blink. But ya, it's Tkachuk haha

Look at that knee. No one even pushed him from behind for that knee to fly forward the way it did.

How people give him a benefit of the doubt is insane.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Reminds me of when Avery would dive on top of the goaltender every time someone got close to him while he was in the crease.

Unfortunately, it’s the type of thing unlikely to receive punishment until it legitimately hurts someone. Not saying it’s right, but as a somewhat “random” event, I see it unlikely that he receives formal discipline.

Reactions: PuckNut and Petrus

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The drama. Everyone survived. Get a grip
Oh cool. Guess we all know now that anything someone survives is A-okay.

Yeah-Sure-Okay.gif

Soldier on Tkachuk, you're doing great buddy.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
There were other ways to land which would have been more awkward for Tkachuk and less painful for Campbell, but I don't think there is any grounds for supplemental discipline. I think the league would look for guys targetting the head on falls, but choosing to land on knees instead of on your side likely isn't going to warrant anything.
I hope Tkachuk takes the fight next game. A soft team like the Leafs are actually dangerous when they are out for payback. I say that because clean hitting is an art and a bunch of non hitters out to lay big hits is going to=dangerous hits.
Campbell isn't hurt so a lil fight is all I would expect, what I don't want to see is our guys trying to get revenge and an injury to a flames player and a suspension to 1 of mine.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Look at that knee. No one even pushed him from behind for that knee to fly forward the way it did.

How people give him a benefit of the doubt is insane.

He didn't get pushed from behind. Brodie leaned on his stick to take him out of the play causing him to fall forward on Brodie's hip.

Like it's right there on repeat.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Especially coming from a player who routinely "accidentally" injures other players. Being a little dirty and skirting between the rules is one thing. Constantly injuring players on purpose and trying to make it look like an accident has no place in hockey.
Tkachuk does have three career suspensions for these incidents.

Matthew Tkachuk of Flames suspended two games

Flames' Tkachuk suspended one game for spear on Martin - TSN.ca

Tkachuk suspended one game for actions in Flames game against Red Wings

Reactions: Arizonan God

Score08

Apr 6, 2017

His feet are up in the air already going over Brodie. Is bringing your knees in a natural response to that? Like I guess he could have just went limp.

If it wasn't Tkachuk no one would even blink. But ya, it's Tkachuk haha

Wow I didn’t see this angle, no doubt that was on purpose. There is no way he should’ve been allowed to skate away after that. He should’ve been pounded into the ice. I realize fighting is going away, but maybe if someone fed him his teeth he’d think twice about doing that again.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
He didn't get pushed from behind. Brodie leaned on his stick to take him out of the play causing him to fall forward on Brodie's hip.

What the hell are you seeing? I'm looking and brodies stick and not only is stationary, but Tkachuk wasn't even tripped by it.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Brodie caused him to fall a bit. Tkachuk jumped into it too. Nothing Brodie did would cause Tkachuks left leg to fly up like that and then in a smooth motion come down in a knee onto Campbell

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Can anyone else see Marner shit texting Tkachuk trying to set up a fight lol
obv not Marner vs Tkachuk
Those 2 are buddies, if you watch Tkachuk he always lets up on Marner

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
What the hell are you seeing? I'm looking and brodies stick and not only is stationary, but Tkachuk wasn't even tripped by it.

Brodies hand/forearm is on Tkachuks stick. He gets inside his leg and pushes down on his stick. Be a nice play to take Tkachuk out if they weren't right beside the goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad