Matthew "The Knee" Tkachuk suspension incoming?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
He's tied up with Brodie around his feet and I think there's chance Campbell pushes his leg out when going for the puck (You can see through Mikheyev's legs his glove goign there but it's hard to say). Impossible to determine intent on someone falling down. It's hard to give Tkachuk the benefit of the doubt but on this one it feels like the opposite where he is getting piled on because of who he is. But as a Flames fan I've been going back and forth myself on if it's accidentally on purpose or just by accident

LOL, it's not even close to accidentally on purpose. It's on purpose on purpose. How anyone can look at the replays and see it otherwise is hilarious.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Brodie pushed down on his stick and he went up and over his hip and lost balance.

Way he landed was definitely weird but he was going over regardless.

It was hard to see in that gif, and I have not had the chance to see a better replay. I try to give players the benefit of the doubt when I can.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Does NO ONE see 11(?) in white literally push Tkachuk down with his stick?
Looks like Hyman (11) doesn't really make contact, and if he does it's after Tkachuk is already on his way down and it wouldn't impact a whole lot

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
It was hard to see in that gif, and I have not had the chance to see a better replay. I try to give players the benefit of the doubt when I can.

There's a rear view angle where you can see him and Brodie posturing. Like ya, he probably should have dropped his stick but he's not gonna do that.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
LOL, it's not even close to accidentally on purpose. It's on purpose on purpose. How anyone can look at the replays and see it otherwise is hilarious.

When people fall they don’t purposely pull their back legs to put more weight on the fall. It’s an unusual falling motion.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary

His feet are up in the air already going over Brodie. Is bringing your knees in a natural response to that? Like I guess he could have just went limp.

If it wasn't Tkachuk no one would even blink. But ya, it's Tkachuk haha

Reactions: DropIt

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
When people fall forwards their legs kick back, same thing when someone falls backwards and their legs kick forwards. To look at Tkachuk falling down and give no thought that he could have simply fallen/have his legs pushed out is silly. You give me no reason to think he did it on purpose when the context of the clip is showing more evidence of it being him going down from outside forces and not avoiding Campbell like other players would.

Reactions: Deku

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019

His feet are up in the air already going over Brodie. Is bringing your knees in a natural response to that? Like I guess he could have just went limp.

If it wasn't Tkachuk no one would even blink. But ya, it's Tkachuk haha

This angle makes it look like he has Brodie's stick tying his feet up, and then as Campbell goes to get the puck his legs get pushed out and naturally go back, and his only real way to go unless he can control gravity is onto Campbell. It's an unfortunate play but nowhere near suspension worthy

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
When people fall forwards their legs kick back, same thing when someone falls backwards and their legs kick forwards. To look at Tkachuk falling down and give no thought that he could have simply fallen/have his legs pushed out is silly. You give me no reason to think he did it on purpose when the context of the clip is showing more evidence of it being him going down from outside forces and not avoiding Campbell like other players would.

He purposely kneed him in the head. Stop.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
That's a fairly standard "accidentally on purpose" rat move.

It's not gonna get a suspension and almost certainly not even a fine. The only potential retribution is trying to facepound the turtle before he pops his head into his protective shell.

Reactions: Leafslet

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I'm disappointed...I expected to see this:

EFBX.gif

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

Obviously he used Brodie to viscously swing his legs up to try and cut whoever was behind him with his skate :popcorn:

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Bringing his knee up isn't the issue, it's bringing it down with force that's the dirty move.

If he had that much control of his fall he wouldn't be falling. Like I guess he's a professional athlete but if you can have your head below your feet and have enough presence of mind to drive your knee into the guy below you. That's some body contortionist level of control.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Oh that’s 100% on purpose. There are two distinct motions, and you can argue if the one that made him lift the leg was intentional, but the second one has oomph in it. That’s brought down with a purpose, probably realizing he can sell an accident here, but I’d bet money on that being a choice.

otherwise I’m pretty sure the leg would extend and he’d be catching himself.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
If he had that much control of his fall he wouldn't be falling. Like I guess he's a professional athlete but if you can have your head below your feet and have enough presence of mind to drive your knee into the guy below you. That's some body contortionist level of control.
It’s really not hard. Being a regular athlete is all you need, you don’t even need to be professional.

Reactions: Team Cozens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad