Matthew "The Knee" Tkachuk suspension incoming?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
It's alright, I shrug it off. When others go low, we go high. They're no better than the person they're falsely and slanderously accusing of a dirty play. The kool-aid glasses are clearly on for most when it comes to Matthew Tkachuk.

You're defending cheap and dirty hits, that's the opposite of going high.

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
I, like 95% of other people in this thread see the play for what it is: another dirty "accident" by the guy most known for shit like that in the NHL. It's the other 5% of people in this thread who dont see what happened because they have their flames goggles on.

Crazy to think that you’ve now addmited it was an accident but yet you still think it’s a dirty play. Brodie is just at fault for him falling on Campbell, so do we say Brodie is a malicious tripper that tries to cause injuries to his own goalie and get other teams suspended? Or Matthews is better with his legs than with his stick? He kneed Anderson in their opening game and his goal against Calgary went off his foot. Haven’t heard a peep out of people about Matthews being a dirty player. The whole lot is garbage and calling it a dirty play for an accident that was caused by Toronto’s own player is ridiculous.

Reactions: h8erfisternator

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
You're defending cheap and dirty hits, that's the opposite of going high.
Tkachuk didn't hit anyone though, he accidently fell on top of Campbell after getting trampled by his former teammate. I'm pretty sure we've already settled this aspect of the "incident." It's a non-issue. If a Leaf wants to fight Tkachuk, be my guest.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Tkachuk is an awesome player. Mostly wanted the Jets to draft him instead of Laine (that swap of 2 for 3 pick with Columbus at draft day would have made it more acceptable).

That said, he is a sneaky, dirty player in the vein of Brad Marchand and Matt Cooke. It is funny because he is the type of player his dad would have beaten the crap out of in his day.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Crazy to think that you’ve now addmited it was an accident but yet you still think it’s a dirty play. Brodie is just at fault for him falling on Campbell, so do we say Brodie is a malicious tripper that tries to cause injuries to his own goalie and get other teams suspended? Or Matthews is better with his legs than with his stick? He kneed Anderson in their opening game and his goal against Calgary went off his foot. Haven’t heard a peep out of people about Matthews being a dirty player. The whole lot is garbage and calling it a dirty play for an accident that was caused by Toronto’s own player is ridiculous.
Do you know what "" are? Tkachuk called it an accident, it clearly wasnt.

And as for Matthews being a dirty player, nobody believes that because he doesnt have a history of doing shit like this like Tkachuk does. Tkachuk doesnt deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Phil Kessels Hot Dog

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton in 5

Wait, did you actually create an account just to defend Matthew Tkachuk? lol wow.

Reactions: AvroArrow

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
No we have a 30 page thread of you and maybe 4 other Flames fans saying it wasnt dirty and every single other person saying this was clearly intentional

That's certainly one interpretation. Another, perhaps more accurate one, is that the vast majority of posters, the media, and the NHL officials are not paying attention to this at all, as it was a nothing play.

You've got a very limited number of Tkachuk haters/Leaf homers obsessing over this, and a few people - who are not all that interested as it's really a nothing play - defending Tkachuk.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
BwBgqlz.jpg

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
That's certainly one interpretation. Another, perhaps more accurate one, is that the vast majority of posters, the media, and the NHL officials are not paying attention to this at all, as it was a nothing play.

You've got a very limited number of Tkachuk haters/Leaf homers obsessing over this, and a few people - who are not all that interested as it's really a nothing play - defending Tkachuk.

Ah yes, @PatriceBergeronFan the well know leafs homer.

It was a shitty move by a dirty player. End of story, thankfully this thread should die after tonight's game.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
How is this still such an issue? I've seen dozens worse collisions with goalies, this is actually tame in comparison. Are Leaf fans that insecure that they need Flame fans to admit that it wasn't 100% accidental? Sure, count me in too. I love the player, hate the antics....but come on, this doesn't even make MT's top 10 reasons to hate him list.

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
Just checking in. Anyone other than the Tkachuk haters in this thred making a big deal about this yet? Leafs Org still not defending their player over this dirty, suspension worthy play? Unconscionable. Nothing from the team, nothing from the league, nothing from former players. If only the hockey world could see what everyone in here sees, amirite?

Reactions: Schred and JFHockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad