Matthew "The Knee" Tkachuk suspension incoming?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
I would hope you don’t defend Matthews for his blatant knee incident against Anderson then, during game one of the season. Tkachuk’s incident is a normal play when you’re playing hard for the puck at the net.

Sure, Tkachuk’s leg may rest against the back of Campbell’s head, but it was not the direct point of contact. Come on now.
Give up. He wasn't pushed. His leg is right on Campbell's head.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
You should be ashamed of yourself for defending such an action just because that player plays for your team. If his lower shin is "touching" Campbell's helmet, what is inside the helmet? The back of the head.
...and what's on his "shin"?

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
That’s what you get for expecting Bogosian to be some tough Dman. Us Sabres fans tried to tell you he wasn’t, but you didn’t wanna listen because he won a Cup with the Lightning.
hes making like league minimum good/bad who the hell cares he's literally just 1 contract out of 50. and we have no control over what the team does. so your told us so means diddly

I seriously doubt many of us thought he was all sudden going to be a top 4 Dman but I figured he could be useful as a 6-7 guy

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Do people actually think that Tkachuk is scared of Bogosian or Simmonds. I swear they don't even know who Tkachuk is haha.

Lets say they fight in the first five minutes and Tkachuk loses. They even land a solid punch.

What do you think is more likely, 1, Tkachuk mopes around all game and doesn't go in front of the net for fear of the Leafs or 2. he starts heading haunting and taunting the team by going after the goalie again.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Do people actually think that Tkachuk is scared of Bogosian or Simmonds. I swear they don't even know who Tkachuk is haha.

Lets say they fight in the first five minutes and Tkachuk loses. They even land a solid punch.

What do you think is more likely, 1, Tkachuk mopes around all game and doesn't go in front of the net for fear of the Leafs or 2. he starts heading haunting and taunting the team by going after the goalie again.
Option 3 is he turtles behind his gloves [MOD], as he's done before.

Last edited by a moderator:

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

So your argument is if he loses a fight he should head hunt and try to injure a goalie? Why do you think that's even remotely acceptable behaviour?

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
So your argument is if he loses a fight he should head hunt and try to injure a goalie? Why do you think that's even remotely acceptable behaviour?

He head hunts and is constantly attacking the goalie on a normal day. Just questioning why people think he'd stop after a fight.

Ducksauce

Oct 30, 2010
The hyperbole in this thread is on another level. By reading some of these comments you would think he took his skate off and slashed a throat.

Was Tkachuk being annoying? Yes, it's what he does.

Is there an attempt to injure? Absolutely not, he fell on the goalie- this literally happens all the time. Even Campbell himself brushed it off as nothing. It's a contact sport for crying out loud. There is about 5-6 plays a game that are way more dangerous than this.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Part of me wants to see Matthews in 1 fight. He is soo strong that he could prob take down at any time. I just don't know if he has fighting skills.
Same with Nylander, dude is in shape!!!! if he knows how to fight I bet he could surprise a cpl guys in his weight class.
Not worth it,

Breaks wrist/hand/finger(s) then what? we listen to fellow Leaf fans ***** about how stupid Matthews/Nylander are to take a fight against a little chump like Tkachuk. Let Simmonds and Bogosian whoop his ass instead.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Okay... So you know all about how a person can fall? Give it a rest. We have a 30 page thread because Tkachuk obeyed the laws of physics.
save it with the "obeyed the laws of physics" bullshit. Tkachump didnt have to drive his knee into the back of Campbell like that while falling. Good lord.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Not a Leafs fan, but Tkachuk hasn't earned any benefit of the doubt.

I don't think it's suspendible as he can and is claiming it was an accident. That doesn't mean we all have to believe it. Most decent players do their best to avoid the goalie in these situations.

Tkachuk seems to make an effort to land as hard as he can on a goalie who was clearly down and out and already in pain.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Wait until Tkachuk becomes the Flames Captain in the next year or two. HF is going to implode.
That would be great. A POS Captain will help lead the team down the toilet where they belong.

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
I’m not naive, Tkachuk clearly trips over him. Hence, why Campbell is laying face down.

I have to ask, what video are you watching? I’ve been following your posts and at first I thought you were just a die hard fan who couldn’t admit it was a dirty play. But now I’m genuinely curious if you watching the same video the rest of us are?

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC

And that will lead to him getting suspended. Like he should

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
hes making like league minimum good/bad who the hell cares he's literally just 1 contract out of 50. and we have no control over what the team does. so your told us so means diddly

I seriously doubt many of us thought he was all sudden going to be a top 4 Dman but I figured he could be useful as a 6-7 guy

I fully agree with him being a 6/7 Dman. I disagree with him being some tough intimidating Dman though. That was my point.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017

Yeah maybe the best way is to start accidnetly tripping him when hes heading full speed into the boards a few times then....

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002

Replace "loses a fight" with "falls on your goalie" and it's the same crap you've been posting in here. How is that acceptable behaviour?
Look, stuffs gonna happen I'm sure...a little extra here/there on both sides, but no one should be condoning any head hunting or long term injuries on either side.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Well Campbell will be out for weeks because of this dirty play and that should warrant a suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad