Matthew "The Knee" Tkachuk suspension incoming?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Inconclusive?

DOPS have to make a comment if it's conclusive.

Whatever Tkachuk did there definitely seems reckless and careless. Only he knows whether it's intentional or not. It's very possible to be reckless and careless to do something like that and not do it intentionally. But hey. We don't know what is going on. We aren't psychic. I also get why you guys aren't giving the benefit of the doubt.

I certainly don't know what his intentions were and I definitely hope it wasn't intentional.

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
What amazes me about the few foolish peopem defending this is they can't just say, "yep it was on purpose and he got away with it". If Kadri did this a few years ago, as a Leaf fan I would have no choice but to admit it was likely on purpose and very dangerous. I'm sure the Bruins fans in the house could admit the same with Marchand.

It's incredible how dishonest several people can be with themselves.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Do you drive it forward on the way down?

Don't even waste your time with that guy lol he's just trying to get reactions out of people, anyone with half a brain can see Tkachuk loading up his knee. It was damn near high as the cross bar before coming down on Campbell.

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
No need to give attention outside the whistle or a fight.

All that has to be done is wait for him to being delivered a pass or just making a pass and then a muzzin type drilling to the ice. Not to the head...but a little late hit will be just fine. Let him wobble off the ice while nobody feels bad for him. Including his lying coach lol

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
You can't genuinely believe this, you're just being disingenuous. Brodie is bent over with his hands nowhere near Tkachuk, "pushing" Tkachuk is impossible.

Not surprised with the result. Tkachuk is a dirty player but he knows how to mask it.

Just because Brodie is to the side of Tkachuk doesn’t mean he wasn’t pushing him. Watch the video from behind the net. Brodie is bent over beside Tkachuk, Brodie’s body is over Tkachuk’s right shoulder. Even without intent, Brodie is putting pressure on Tkachuk’s upper body, pushing him forward and down. That combined with Brodie’s stick pushing Tkachuk’s skate out is the reason he fell. Yes you stick your leg out backwards if your falling forward to try to balance yourself. It’s emphasized more in the clip because he’s also being pushed down, naturally your leg that’s still in contact with the ground is the hinge point, so the leg in the air naturally goes higher rather than bending it. When he realized he’s going over he tucks together to prevent himself being injured or going down in a vulnerable position.

Reactions: h8erfisternator

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
What amazes me about the few foolish peopem defending this is they can't just say, "yep it was on purpose and he got away with it". If Kadri did this a few years ago, as a Leaf fan I would have no choice but to admit it was likely on purpose and very dangerous. I'm sure the Bruins fans in the house could admit the same with Marchand.

It's incredible how dishonest several people can be with themselves.

Considering the target being a goalie and the optics, even I'd admit Marchand was in the wrong and that should say something.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Oh... so his knee slid all the way from his head to the middle of his back which is like one and a half feet. Like sliding into 2nd base.
You're reaching. Come on. That makes no sense. For that to happen Tkachuk would have had to be forcefully shoved in a horizontal direction... which negates all the arguments that he did it on purpose.

Are you really suggesting there's a difference between knee and shin? UFC fighters and Muay Thai fighters use their shins all the time. Either way, I say it's his knee so meh, moot point. Shouldn't even have said it to let you guys move goalposts.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Are we watching the same thing here?

knee-to-the-head.gif

Are you not seeing his left leg rise up?

I really don't know how or why someone could watch that and not see the obvious. I guess obvious things aren't so obvious to some.

Spargon

May 31, 2019
It was a dumb move but hardly serious and let's be honest the league has proven 2 things even if it was suspendable.

1. Tkachuk gets a free pass as much as Marchand and wont get anything for something of that nature.

2. League won't do anything when its a Leaf player on the receiving end regardless

Let's all move on and let the scoreboard do the talking for both teams

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Are you really suggesting there's a difference between knee and shin? UFC fighters and Muay Thai fighters use their shins all the time. Either way, I say it's his knee so meh, moot point. Shouldn't even have said it to let you guys move goalposts.

Well, it wasn't his knee. It's clear in the video.

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021

The shin is first point of contact on the back of the head, the lucky thing about that is as it hit, Tkachuk’s leg bent back by hinging at the knee, taking away some of the blow. Yes I can imagine it hurt still, with the knee going into his back there is more padding at least. If anything Tkachuk did the right thing by pulling his knee forward, if he didn’t, all his weight would have been driven directly through his knee into the back of Campbell’s head.

Really we should be praising Tkachuk for his critical thinking knowing the shin would do less damage than his knee would because at that point damage was unavoidable. Now that we’ve decided Tkachuk’s moves were to minimize the blow to Campbell, things are looking better for him and maybe we should be thanking him for his dedication to ensure Campbell wasn’t going to get injured and take the bad stigma away from Tkachuk and show the kind person he really is.

I am all for the Leafs to finish their checks on Tkachuk, make him pay for it, that’s what he wants, he gets in your head, throws you off your game and gets you out of position. But the second you run Markstrom or start taking headshots is when you’ll be the ones seen as retaliation and that’s when the suspensions will start to be handed out. People complain about the number of suspensions the Leafs have had while their opponents go unsuspended, the exact reason is if you start to take your revenge on other players or the goalies, you do that and you are opening a can of worms that won’t end well for you.

Reactions: h8erfisternator

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
like others have mentioned it's difficult to prove intent but the optics sure look like intentional. It's funny he says he doesn't read his phone. Why? because you would find out exactly what he already knows but won't admit (you're the common denominator of crossing the line)

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Doesn’t see what’s right in front of him and what actually happened on the play so decided to go personal. Classic move

It's alright, I shrug it off. When others go low, we go high. They're no better than the person they're falsely and slanderously accusing of a dirty play. The kool-aid glasses are clearly on for most when it comes to Matthew Tkachuk.

Reactions: Pucknut22

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Doesn’t see what’s right in front of him and what actually happened on the play so decided to go personal. Classic move
I, like 95% of other people in this thread see the play for what it is: another dirty "accident" by the guy most known for shit like that in the NHL. It's the other 5% of people in this thread who dont see what happened because they have their flames goggles on.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
100%. Kadri was the same. That's why he was loved by so many. Problem is he used to get suspended a lot. Had he played elsewhere, he wouldn't have wracked up half those suspensions. Makes is hard for those guys who play that way to play for the Leafs.

Goes to Colorado and not a peep.
It's a conspiracy !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad