Matthew Rempe elbowing on Jonas Siegenthaler (suspended 4 games)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Ah yes...the playoffs. The tournament awarded to good hockey teams. It will be fantastic, thak you for the reminder
You're welcome. Just like the Swallows coming back to Capistrano. it's inevitable that the Rags crash out of the playoffs every year. One cup in 84 years. Gotta love it.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Did Siegenthaler return? Would hate to see a player suffer a concussion at the hands of a player who had 54 PIM in 56 minutes of play.

Reactions: Ignite111 and aylib

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Like I said a couple posts above, I figured it was something like this, and I don't like it.

So Rempe doesn't have to answer, now watch MacDermid return and attempt to injure a Ranger.
I mean, that wouldn't be smart for MacDermid. At least, not if he values breathing. I'm sure Rempe would make him one with the ice.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Can't throw rocks if you live in glass houses - you guys went out and made a move for MacDermid literally to counter Rempe.

SS,DD.
I don't know if you live in a bubble that only involves the Rangers, but MacDermid was acquired because the Devils are a bunch of wusses and have not stuck up for each other at all this year and this was Fitz's way to put a stop to it way too late. Rempe is part of it sure... but this is a trend that has gone on all season and is one of the many things that have gone wrong for us.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He has one single dirty hit (this one). Why are you calling for a guy to be tossed out of the league when he has an exemplary record in the minors and has thrown, now, one really bad hit?

I won't even tolerate calling the Bastian hit borderline after the review. It was a clean hit.

So, yeah. One hit. You're just being silly right now. I mean, you're too good of a poster to post something so silly. I'm pretty sure you'll step back once the emotions fall off because that's wild otherwise.
The Bastian hit was absolutely dirty. Head was the principle point of contact, and he came from the blind side.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
MacDermid? You mean the guy standing near his own bench when Hischier was out challenging Rempe?

That same guy? Rempe should be worried about the guy who'd let his captain fight Rempe? Really?
You ignored my post calling you out already, you said "he came off the bench and that's why he got in trouble," The video showed him in the middle of the ice and go right after him, now its "standing near the bench." Also "I am someone who admits when they are wrong." You said a lot of things in this thread, but those stick out for some reason.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
At the end of the day, Matt Rempe will be suspended for this hit. He should be. Should be 4-5 games with an outside shot at 7-10.

Also, the Devils have a lot of soul searching to do. If the main guy to challenge Rempe after that hit was Hischier, it says more about the Devils than anything else. I keep hearing about MacDermid, but the guy was practically on the bench when Hischier was in the middle of it with Rempe.

Now, I hope they continue to make bad/dumb moves and acquire players like MacDermid. Let them do the same dumb shit we did after the Wilson incident.
Yup. This has been going on all year. Clifton injuring Hischier, Ross Colton boarding Luke Hughes and then cross checking Timo Meier in the face, Hathaway blowing up Luke Hughes, Trouba and Rempe on Bastian, Rempe on Siegenthaler tonight, Trouba on Nosek earlier this year....

Some of the above were dirty plays, some were just really hard hits... either way this Devils team just folds up like a folding chair when this stuff happens. They don't play tough, don't throw big hits, don't run other teams top guys, no retaliation... it started early in the season too... It's been embarrassing to watch.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yup. This has been going on all year. Clifton injuring Hischier, Ross Colton boarding Luke Hughes and then cross checking Timo Meier in the face, Hathaway blowing up Luke Hughes, Trouba and Rempe on Bastian, Rempe on Siegenthaler tonight, Trouba on Nosek earlier this year....

Some of the above were dirty plays, some were just really hard hits... either way this Devils team just folds up like a folding chair when this stuff happens. They don't play tough, don't throw big hits, don't run other teams top guys, no retaliation... it started early in the season too... It's been embarrassing to watch.

And it's completely fair to respond, too. Like, I GET going out there and getting some guys to respond. We did after the Wilson crap. It's comical that some Devils fans (not you - like Whiskey, you're one of my favorites on here) were lambasting the Rangers for that but were cool with picking up MacDermid. Just SS, DD.

I *HATE* the hit Rempe threw tonight. It was really bad and should be a solid suspension. Heck, I'll actually be pissed if he gets less than 4 games (though the troll in me . . .).

I just don't get what some fans wanted the Devils guys on the ice to do after that hit. MacDermid was either on the bench and jumped onto the ice or was basically on the boards. Rempe is mixed up with Hischier and I think Bratt a bit. MacDermid just yelling at him from way away.

I don't get it. I don't get why anyone would want Rempe to fight Hischier or Bratt. Like, MacDermid was not going to get at him (hence why he got kicked out of the game). He wasn't anywhere near him. It's so bizarre that people can't even acknowledge that. I am very glad that Rempe didn't punch Hischier or Bratt (but especially Hischier).

aylib

Mods are lame
Mar 26, 2002
St. Pete, FL
I love intense play and have been a huge fan of tough guys since the 90s. Rempes play tonight is unfortunately going to serve as ammunition for anti-fighting movement.
Disappointing seeing him not answer MacD twice while injuring someone.

Reactions: AirGut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad