Matthew Rempe elbowing on Jonas Siegenthaler (suspended 4 games)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I cannot believe you are actually calling for the league to kick the guy out. I mean, I thought you were kidding at first. I didn't realize this was serious talk.
He needs to be suspended for this junk. Play physical but don’t head hunt. Doing this consistently is going to come back to bite him and his teammates. You’ll get someone who’s actually dirty and will just end someone’s season as a result.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Not sure why he did that. Dude is massive, all he needs to do is just glide into a guy and he'll level them.

No need to stick out the elbow.

Reactions: JBeast

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Classic “i dont have a response because i am wrong so i will post something about the past”

Lets talk about this year. The year the Devils were so hyped before the season and will end up missing the playoffs

I think the Nate Bastian hit in still in his head.

BerthMania

Jun 3, 2022
Montréal
The only guy that challenged him after the hit was Nico Hischier. Again, would you have preferred he gave Hischier another concussion? Would you prefer him to injure the Devils' captain (a guy with a history of head injuries)?

Like, you're volunteering another fanbase's skill player for sacrifice, LOL.
What is the reason for Macdrmid's penalty then?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Not sure why he did that. Dude is massive, all he needs to do is just glide into a guy and he'll level them.

No need to stick out the elbow.
He’s an awkward skater at best. Fast in a straight line but awkward. The guy he wanted to hit slowed up quick so Rempe used his elbow to make contact. Very awkward move. He should get 3-5.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Hes fought the toughest of tough guys in the league and had Macdermid running around like a school yard girl tonight. Macdermid looked like an absolute clown. You wouldve thought Rempe was the vet and Macdermid the rookie tonight
Yeah HE looked like the clown, not the guy ducking him all night and throwing a gutless elbow to a guy's jaw :laugh:

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
You mean this gorgeous, textbook, clean hit? Let's watch it again. What a freaking hit!!!

Textbook example of charge.

- more than 3 strides (he took 5)
- both feet leave the ice which means he jumped into it.

Charging in hockey is when a player charges an opponent and makes contact with them, whether it be by skating, or jumping, into them. This can occur anywhere on the ice, and what differentiates it from a standard body check, is the distance traveled to make the hit.

The general rule of thumb is that if a player hits another from three or more skating strides away, it will likely be called a charging. However, it is at the referee’s discretion to determine what that “distance” is.

It was against the Leafs though so it gets ignored.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
The only guy that challenged him after the hit was Nico Hischier. Again, would you have preferred he gave Hischier another concussion? Would you prefer him to injure the Devils' captain (a guy with a history of head injuries)?

Like, you're volunteering another fanbase's skill player for sacrifice, LOL.

You've said this 15 times already, but it's not true - MacDermid is trying to get after Rempe after the dirty hit on Siegenthaler, but is being held back by the linesmen again.

Total bush league by Rempe to not answer the bell earlier in the game when MacDermid challenged him as well.

The linesmen were awful tonight protecting him.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
It looks pretty bad on replay slowed way down

But using common sense, why would he elbow a guy in the head on purpose up 2-0 while his team is controlling the game. Doesn’t add up.

In reality it’s more likely a poorly timed hit by a giant with too much adrenaline. Doesn’t excuse it, he’ll likely be suspended but it’s hard to think he did that on purpose

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
I’d call an in person suspension and then suspend him for 5 games. Dude needs an intervention already

aylib

Mods are lame
Mar 26, 2002
St. Pete, FL
It looks pretty bad on replay slowed way down

But using common sense, why would he elbow a guy in the head on purpose up 2-0 while his team is controlling the game. Doesn’t add up.

In reality it’s more likely a poor timed hit a giant. Doesn’t excuse it, he’ll likely be suspended but it’s hard to think he did that on purpose
I think the answer you’re looking for is somewhere between lack of discipline, experience or hockey IQ.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
If the NHL is serious about protecting players from cheap shots to the head, this should be a longer suspension (if allowed in the CBA). I've defended many big hits when a player doesn't "pick" the head (as a Canes fan, even defended Trouba's hit on Jarvis), but this is just a dirty elbow to the head.
“First offense” also shouldn’t apply when it’s a blatant attempt to break the rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad