Matthew Rempe elbowing on Jonas Siegenthaler (suspended 4 games)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I actually agree on the Bastian hit.

But the kid has played 9 NHL games.

Yeah, but he's also trying to make a name for himself and stick around. He needs to learn. This was a legitimately bad hit. I mean, you saw a guy in here saying he wanted the league to throw the guy out, lol. You can't make this stuff up.

He hasn't had ANY other (than this one) dirty hits up here. I mean, none.

I've actually never seen a player get into Islanders' and Devils' fans heads this fast. At least not in my long time of watching the NHL.

He needs to take lessons from Trouba in how to properly destroy people.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'm just a neutral metro NY hockey fan who watches a good amount of NYI NYR NJ games, but the Devils need to get heavier and nastier. I don't wanna say soft, and not expecting them to goon it up when a situation like this happens, but that's a team that needs some grit and snarl in a bad way.

Lol, it's going to be like what happened with the Rangers and Tom Wilson.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Ok. Can you point out all the other dirty hits?

I'd say the Bastian one wasn't clean, but maybe has mitigating circumstances because of the positioning. He gets the benefit of the doubt.

Then a few games later he throws an easily avoidable elbow right into Seig's head. Also acting not at all concerned for the player he just elbowed and taunting, to me shows it wasn't some kind of accident.

So one (maybe) bad hit where he definitely caught the guys head, but you could argue it's not his fault, and one definitely bad hit, all within a 10 NHL game career.

GIve him a few games and he will hopefully learn.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
And in the minors. I was unaware those games didn't count.

Dude has not been a dirty player at any level and he's now had one bad hit (this one).
The same could've been said for Brandon Gallagher... Who got 5 games for a very similar hit. And who has been a pro hockey player for more seasons than Rempe has NHL games.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I'm just a neutral metro NY hockey fan who watches a good amount of NYI NYR NJ games, but the Devils need to get heavier and nastier. I don't wanna say soft, and not expecting them to goon it up when a situation like this happens, but that's a team that needs some grit and snarl in a bad way.
Devils, Hurricanes and Stars both are the softest "Talented" teams in the league.

Granted the devils aren't even in a playoff position right but still the point remains that I dont think these teams win a stanley cup unless they get significantly grittier

Reactions: NYI365

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
NHL close the eyes the first time on lyubushkin for their new mascot but this guy is a danger. He playing to destroy and he dont care about what he hit until he hit something. If he continu like that and NHL still protecting ( hope it will not be the case again but with parros everything is possible) but at the end the result will be maybe he will scrap a carreer of an NHL superstar or we will see something like bertuzzi on moore...

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Pretty stupid play. Only possible argument I could see for Rempe is that he expected Siegenthaler to continue skating instead of trying to duck back away from the hit. Should (deservedly) sit a few games for that

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
They literally just traded for a guy to do that and it didn’t do anything. Didn’t deter Rempe and and he didn’t even get to fight him

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
Devils, Hurricanes and Stars both are the softest "Talented" teams in the league.

Granted the devils aren't even in a playoff position right but still the point remains that I dont think these teams win a stanley cup unless they get significantly grittier
nobody in this league wins a cup or even sniffs it without being greasy and having some psycho guys sprinkled within the lineup, I think too many people forget that these days. Rangers put stock into getting some size after spending most of the years between 2016-2020 as the token "soft good guys". What a draft in 2020 by Jeff Gorton.

Reactions: OVO16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad