Matthew Rempe elbowing on Jonas Siegenthaler (suspended 4 games)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
He attempted to instigate a fight with Rempe who did not respond.
Didn't see it on video, but would most likely be:

46.5 Continuing or Attempting to Continue a Fight - Any player whopersists in continuing or attempting to continue a fight or altercationafter he has been ordered by the Referee to stop, or who resists aLinesperson in the discharge of his duties shall, at the discretion of theReferee, incur a misconduct or game misconduct penalty in additionto any penalties imposed.
Like I said a couple posts above, I figured it was something like this, and I don't like it.

So Rempe doesn't have to answer, now watch MacDermid return and attempt to injure a Ranger.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
devils and rangers is going to be a big rivalry next season. could be the making of the next avs-wings

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Cooke did what he did for years on end and irreversibly damaged a few players

Rempe has a long way to go before reaching Cooke level, and hopefully never gets there
Cooke got protected for years because of who he played for/the captain of his team. He pulls that stuff on almost any other team and his suspensions would have been more abundant. That Karlsson incident was evident of it.

Reactions: Felidae

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
He’s there already. Numerous headshots already and several near misses
I know what I’m seeing
Rempe can still tone down on the dirty crap early in his career. Dude hasn't even played a year in the league yet. It's just not comparable to someone who was doing it nearly his entire career.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Thing is the suspension doesn’t matter for clowns like this. He’s just there to hit or fight, so he gets a 2 or 3 gamer and it doesn’t matter. Doesnt offer much else so it’s not like losing this guy hurts the Rangers at all. Sit for a couple games and come back and do it all over again!

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Like I said a couple posts above, I figured it was something like this, and I don't like it.

So Rempe doesn't have to answer, now watch MacDermid return and attempt to injure a Ranger.

Hard to say without seeing it on video. I think he should have to anser the bell as well, but if for what ever reason the refeferee told him it was done and/or he went over the top in trying to get away from linesman ( a lot of times you will see guys seeminly "resist" yet are still more or less making their way to the box) then it is going to rightlfuly be called.

Kind of like Torts the other night, you may not like that he was gamed, but once he is if he dosen't go he is going to get supsneded.

But I agree, from a game managment situation, let them go now, get it out of the way and move on. Now, who knows what happens.

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Pretty brutal precedent to get suspended for multiple games this soon into your career, but that’s what he did

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
The fan club was fun and all but if he can't throw clean hits he's not much fun to watch.

Magic 8 ball says 2 game suspension.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
This is his first legitimately dirty hit if you ask me. The Bastian hit was just the result of him being big. Hence why he wasn't suspended for it. Looked worse than it was.

I actually agree on the Bastian hit.

But the kid has played 9 NHL games.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
I'm just a neutral metro NY hockey fan who watches a good amount of NYI NYR NJ games, but the Devils need to get heavier and nastier. I don't wanna say soft, and not expecting them to goon it up when a situation like this happens, but that's a team that needs some grit and snarl in a bad way.

Reactions: Bone Density
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad