Matthew Rempe elbowing on Jonas Siegenthaler (suspended 4 games)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Seems like misconducts most often occur for something that is said, and not something done physically. That would be my guess, but who knows.
i think i saw him doing fair bit of nut-grabbing there too while being held by the linesman

refs probably don't like that kind of stuff much

Reactions: nyr2k2

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
He got an unsportsmanlike conduct for trying to get at Rempe. Refs usually do that when they think a player is over heated emotionally and needs a cooling down period.
Seems like misconducts most often occur for something that is said, and not something done physically. That would be my guess, but who knows.
These scenarios are roughly what I figured, and I don't like it.

You have to be able to stand up for your teammate in scenarios like this. Rempe should have had to answer.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Big fan of the kid but tonight is embarrassing.

For starters, I know he's answered every challenge but he needs to fight MacDermid in response to the hit against New Jersey last game. That's the code and "made men" like Deslauriers and Reaves don't have to give him the opportunity to make a name for himself: he's far too green to be acting like Ryan Reaves with the "only fight on my terms" bullshit.

But okay: he's only going to do it on his terms. I'll accept it while not being a fan of it, but waiving goodbye to the guy you've run from all night when you know you won't have to answer for it is clown show time and a total embarrassment.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Ok, I have been corrected by multiple people. It was just a 10. Not the game.

Still. Why did he get 10? What did he do?
It’s just a way of attempting to deescalate potential tension between two teams by ejecting the enforcer. I don’t agree with it, although the official has the power/discretion to make that judgment call. This has been going on for years/decades.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
i think i saw him doing fair bit of nut-grabbing there too while being held by the linesman

refs probably don't like that kind of stuff much
Yeah I thought I saw a crotch grab at the end but no one else mentioned it, so I thought maybe I imagined it.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Every game this guy recklessly charges and tries to board guys. He’s just as bad as Matt Cooke and Raffi Torres, or worse bc he’s freakishly huge and dumber than dog shit.
Cooke did what he did for years on end and irreversibly damaged a few players

Rempe has a long way to go before reaching Cooke level, and hopefully never gets there

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Ok, I have been corrected by multiple people. It was just a 10. Not the game.

Still. Why did he get 10? What did he do?

Didn't see it on video, but would most likely be:

46.5 Continuing or Attempting to Continue a Fight - Any player whopersists in continuing or attempting to continue a fight or altercationafter he has been ordered by the Referee to stop, or who resists aLinesperson in the discharge of his duties shall, at the discretion of theReferee, incur a misconduct or game misconduct penalty in additionto any penalties imposed.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Welp, I think Matt Rempe might be getting his first suspension for that one. Pretty clear chicken wing flyby to only the head

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lol watching it for the fifth and sixth time I don't know how you can say he was expecting to make body contact and braced the elbow on a guy who just slowed down. Rempe was staring him down the whole time and lifted the elbow purely to make contact with the head. This wasn't an accident.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
If the NHL is serious about protecting players from cheap shots to the head, this should be a longer suspension (if allowed in the CBA). I've defended many big hits when a player doesn't "pick" the head (as a Canes fan, even defended Trouba's hit on Jarvis), but this is just a dirty elbow to the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad