Matthew Rempe elbowing on Jonas Siegenthaler (suspended 4 games)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Why do you keep skirting the direct question I’ve repeatedly asked you as to whether you think it’s possible you could be a bit biased in your assessments about Rempe?

I’m just going off what the league said, my dude. There was a whole big discussion on this on TSN from 2/23 on Overdrive. I think it’s on YouTube. They go through the whole hit and what the league said.

There’s no shtick. The major was the wrong call and it’s been talked about quite a bit.

Probably a good idea to get the guy reeled in.

Trouba badly needs to show him how to hit.

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Fresh

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It's exactly this. The guy contributes nothing on the ice except trying to injure the other team's talent. Well, congrats, he just injured the other team's talent. Now what? He gets a few games off? Wow, that's terrible for the Rangers, they might have to ice someone who can play ice hockey.
Bull. He has done some good things on the ice with the time that he has been given, He can skate and he can play in this league. He was responsible for the Rangers 2nd goal tonight. He's not just a goon. Do you watch him play except for the highlights of him fighting or hitting somebody?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Bull. He has done some good things on the ice with the time that he has been given, He can skate and he can play in this league. He was responsible for the Rangers 2nd goal tonight. He's not just a goon. Do you watch him play except for the highlights of him fighting or hitting somebody?

People are just being overly emotional right now. All of the objectively wrong takes (and some even from decent posters) just seem to be due to high emotions.

Like, we’ve had a few people call for the league to kick him out. We have guys wanting him suspended for waving.

This has just gotten silly.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I’m just going off what the league said, my dude. There was a whole big discussion on this on TSN from 2/23 on Overdrive. I think it’s on YouTube. They go through the whole hit and what the league said.

There’s no shtick. The major was the wrong call and it’s been talked about quite a bit.

Trouba badly needs to show him how to hit.
You’re still skirting the question.

Do you think you could be biased in your overall assessment of Rempe as a player or any of his play so far in the league? It’s a really simple and direct question.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
People are just being overly emotional right now. All of the objectively wrong takes (and some even from decent posters) just seem to be due to high emotions.

Like, we’ve had a few people call for the league to kick him out. We have guys wanting him suspended for waving.

Let's say we have two scenarios where a player elbows another player in the head.

In the first one he immediately checks on the player he hit and noticeably apologizes.

In the second, he struts around the ice like he's the cock of the walk and mockingly waves at the opposing team.

In which scenario does he deserve a harsher punishment?

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

I just love the opinions from the peanut gallery when they haven't seen him play a single minute other than a fight or the hit tonight.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
You’re still skirting the question.

Do you think you could be biased in your overall assessment of Rempe as a player or any of his play so far in the league? It’s a really simple and direct question.

No. I've watched him from the WHL and on. He's never been a dirty player (again, I can't speak for his time in the AJHL).

I don't know what you want me to tell you. He's never, ever been viewed as a dirty player. He's never thrown dirty hits. That's not ever been his game before. He throws huge, hard hits, sure. But the guy has never been known to stick an elbow out, for example.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
If he wasn't on the Rangers, I wouldn't like his antics either, but the narrative that he's a terrible player is super weird.

I think people are getting him mixed up with Trouba.

I mean this guy has a career high 12 points in the AHL and a career high 31 points in the WHL.

Ryan Reaves had better stats in both and no one thinks he's a good player.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Rempe has been decent, like he could be pretty effective if he tones it down. A lot

Yeah, as I said earlier, he's very effective when:

- He's not in the box for 5 minutes for an elbow;
- He's not kicked out; and/or,
- He's not fighting a useless goon for the sake of it.

Don't do those three things.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
No. I've watched him from the WHL and on. He's never been a dirty player (again, I can't speak for his time in the AJHL).

I don't know what you want me to tell you. He's never, ever been viewed as a dirty player. He's never thrown dirty hits. That's not ever been his game before. He throws huge, hard hits, sure. But the guy has never been known to stick an elbow out, for example.
So you don’t think that you’re biased to any degree in favor of a guy on your favorite team, who you obviously already have a favorable opinion of?

Geoist

May 1, 2015
I just love the opinions from the peanut gallery when they haven't seen him play a single minute other than a fight or the hit tonight.

Ah yes, hockey fans who take time to post on hockey forums clearly never watch Rangers games. :laugh:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I mean this guy has a career high 12 points in the AHL and a career high 31 points in the WHL.

So you flat out haven't seen the guy play, then. OK. That explains it.

Machinehead literally hates goons. I've never seen a guy more disliking of "useless plugs" as DF118 calls them. The idea that Machinehead would be lying about Rempe's play is kind of comical.

If Rempe was a useless plug, Machinehead would be on our board leading the charge to get him off the team.

It's really funny to see anyone fight Machinehead on someone they claim is a goon. Dude is like a canary in a coal mine when it comes to useless enforces.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

I don't really care about small sample stats.

If you don't think he's an NHL talent, you haven't watched him outside of fights and other incidents.

He's never going to be a big scorer, but he's going to be an NHL player. He already is.

Reactions: BleedBlueNYR

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
So you flat out haven't seen the guy play, then. OK. That explains it.

Machinehead literally hates goons. I've never seen a guy more disliking of "useless plugs" as DF118 calls them. The idea that Machinehead would be lying about Rempe's play is kind of comical.

If Rempe was a useless plug, Machinehead would be on our board leading the charge to get him off the team.
Somebody dig up the Cody McLeod posts. I think I put a plague on that poor man.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Have you watched him play one hockey game?

He's quite clearly a very effective player. He didn't have a point today but completely altered a goal standing in front of the net at 6'9 and screening the goalie who couldn't see around him. The last game he had a goal that was wrongly called back. He flies around the ice as one of the fastest players on the ice, and makes players give up the puck a second early because they are scared he's going to hit them.

And his analytics so far are very good. Way better than that of a fourth liner. Typically a player with these analytics would be a player you are trying to get more minutes. He's tilted the ice when he's been out there.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

If you don't think he's an NHL talent, you haven't watched him outside of fights and other incidents.

He's never going to be a big scorer, but he's going to be an NHL player. He already is.

Seriously.

You are literally the *LAST* person on this board for someone to ever claim you like a no-talent goon. I mean, you and I have even had drag-out fights over this at times.

It's so funny to see that guy think you are a goon fan or something. It's obvious he just hasn't watched Rempe play.

This kind of stuff seems to get itself to the surface organically, lol.

I've watched a couple of Rags games since they threw him in there. He looks like hot, wet garbage mixed in with a lot of possible charging fouls.

Tell me you've never watched the Rangers play without actually telling me.

I can't take posts like this seriously.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Seriously.

You are literally the *LAST* person on this board for someone to ever claim you like a no-talent goon. I mean, you and I have even had drag-out fights over this at times.

It's so funny to see that guy think you are a goon fan or something. It's obvious he just hasn't watched Rempe play.

This kind of stuff seems to get itself to the surface organically, lol.
I mean, shit I couldn't make it through my initial post without dunking on useless goon Jacob Trouba.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

Small sample size? This is over his entire hockey career. He's never put up great stats in any league he played in. Usually, even enforcers put up decent stats in junior.

Can he be a great player? Sure. He hasn't proven he's anything more than a 4th line guy until he puts up some numbers though.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Have you watched him play one hockey game?

He's quite clearly a very effective player. He didn't have a point today but completely altered a goal standing in front of the net at 6'9 and screening the goalie who couldn't see around him. The last game he had a goal that was wrongly called back. He flies around the ice as one of the fastest players on the ice, and makes players give up the puck a second early because they are scared he's going to hit them.

And his analytics so far are very good. Way better than that of a fourth liner. Typically a player with these analytics would be a player you are trying to get more minutes. He's tilted the ice when he's been out there.
My question is whether or not he can stick on a higher line, not whether he'll stick in the NHL.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad