Matthew Rempe elbowing on Jonas Siegenthaler (suspended 4 games)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
He was being so good all game until he basically caused the Rangers second goal and was like "f*** it I helped on a goal now I can go kill people" lmaoooo

For the hit itself, I don't think he had bad intentions, I think he just lined it up poorly and then stuck the elbow out to make some sort of contact and not look stupid. I don't think he was initially aiming there

• Wow
Reactions: stampedingviking

Leafidelity

Existentially Drifting
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Have you watched him play one hockey game?

He's quite clearly a very effective player. He didn't have a point today but completely altered a goal standing in front of the net at 6'9 and screening the goalie who couldn't see around him. The last game he had a goal that was wrongly called back. He flies around the ice as one of the fastest players on the ice, and makes players give up the puck a second early because they are scared he's going to hit them.

And his analytics so far are very good. Way better than that of a fourth liner. Typically a player with these analytics would be a player you are trying to get more minutes. He's tilted the ice when he's been out there.

The Rangers played the Leafs like 8 days ago.

We watched him charge across the ice like a goof at Lyubushkin and fight Reaves.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Small sample size? This is over his entire hockey career. He's never put up great stats in any league he played in.

Can he be a great player? Sure. He hasn't proven he's anything more than a 4th line guy until he puts up some numbers though.
Literally nobody is saying he's a great player.

He's a pretty safe bet to be a 4th liner in the NHL and we'll see what happens from there.

People talk about him like he's one of these guys that gets called up from the AHL a couple of times a year when they're mad at somebody.

He's up because he can play. If the Rangers just wanted a goon, better fighters were available.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The Rangers played the Leafs like 8 days ago.

We watched him charge across the ice like a goof at Lyubushkin and fight Reaves.

You mean this amazing, gorgeous hit?

@Machinehead - God this hit was so amazing. I like that I can keep posting it since Leafs fans keep bringing it up.

Wasn't the 4th goal an empty netter?

Wait, so I guess he didn't even watch that game? And here I thought he was at least being good faith and admitting he only saw that one single game, lol.

God damnit. This is my second time being wrong in this thread. Ugh. I am having an off night.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

@Machinehead - God this hit was so amazing. I like that I can keep posting it since Leafs fans keep bringing it up.

Wait, so I guess he didn't even watch that game? I thought he was at least being admirable and admitting he only saw one, lol.

God damnit. This is my second time being wrong in this thread. Ugh.

This is the hit everyone was mad about? I think I was on the can.

• Haha
Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Leafidelity

Existentially Drifting
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

Wait, so I guess he didn't even watch that game? And here I thought he was at least being good faith and admitting he only saw that one single game, lol.

God damnit. This is my second time being wrong in this thread. Ugh. I am having an off night.

I prefer this highlight

Doesn't change the fact that the only time he was noticeable was an illegal hit and fight

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Literally nobody is saying he's a great player.

He's a pretty safe bet to be a 4th liner in the NHL and we'll see what happens from there.

People talk about him like he's one of these guys that gets called up from the AHL a couple of times a year when they're mad at somebody.

He's up because he can play. If the Rangers just wanted a goon, better fighters were available.

That's fair. All depends on your definition of good. I don't think most people refer to a 4th liner as a good player.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That's fair. All depends on your definition of good. I don't think most people refer to a 4th liner as a good player.
It depends on the 4th liner.

Some vet 4th liners are around because they're vets and they're pretty terrible.

Jimmy Vesey is a 4th liner and he's very talented.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
It depends on the 4th liner.

Some vet 4th liners are around because they're vets and they're pretty terrible.

Jimmy Vesey is a 4th liner and he's very talented.

Jimmy Vesey is an offensive guy. Usually even the 4th line enforcers get 10-20 points a year, like Kyle Clifford and Ryan Reaves. People still call those players enforcers though.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Well given that it took about 7 tries for you to stop dodging the question and actually answer I’m not sure I trust that you truly believe that. If you truly think everyone else is biased negatively against your favorite team but it’s impossible that you may be biased in favor of your favorite team, I guess a lot of energy has been wasted expecting any reasonable conversation. I’ll keep that in mind next time, have a good night and enjoy your new favorite player, I guess lol.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Jimmy Vesey is an offensive guy. Usually even the 4th line enforcers get 10-20 points a year, like Kyle Clifford and Ryan Reaves. People still call those players enforcers though.
In their days, Reaves and Clifford could play. I would have no issue with him carving out a career like that.

Reactions: tlk

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My question is whether or not he can stick on a higher line, not whether he'll stick in the NHL.
I think some don’t understand how unique he is. I don’t think he fits many molds of typical NHL’ers.

He’s the tallest player in the league, probably one of its best skaters taking height into account, and he has a real NHL puck game.

That’s before you get to the typical enforcer tropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad