Matthew Rempe elbowing on Jonas Siegenthaler (suspended 4 games)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I've gotta ditch the phone here in a minute, but there is zero chance this guy is rostered in March of 2025. Zero.

You are viewing this goon through tinted glasses, which I would expect of a fan. But it's silly to think this sub-replacement level plug is going to carve out a career because he's a physical freak.

The next and final matchup of the season will be fun, for sure. If he's still around, he'd best keep his head on a swivel because I expect a Devils team with nothing to lose to do something equally stupid.

"Tell me you haven't seen Rempe play without saying you haven't seen Rempe play."

Again, he's easily a league average skater. Is a HELL of a hitter. Can fight. He'll be around for a while whether you can stand it or not.

You're viewing this as an angry fan right now. Once you get back to logic, I doubt you'll disagree with that (whether you like the guy or not).

He could also get suspended out of the league like Raffi Torres did if he doesn’t figure out how play within the rules

Again, this is a guy who has never been a dirty player at any level of the game. Torres was dirty at LITERALLY every level of the game. He was known as a rat when he was drafted.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
This guy is a dirty player

He's celebrated on here because people love violence (Reaves was right) but he's basically Tom Wilson before the suspensions without the talent. Every game this guy makes a borderline hit.

I really can't wait to see him hit a Leafs player again if this is the reaction it brings. If the opposing players have the same take as you, Rempe is worth his weight in gold.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I really can't wait to see him hit a Leafs player again if this is the reaction it brings. If the opposing players have the same take as you, Rempe is worth his weight in gold.

What? He just elbowed a NJ player in the head?

I'm assuming you have a new favourite player because people are upset he's going to injury a guy? To each their own.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
"Tell me you haven't seen Rempe play without saying you haven't seen Rempe play."

Again, he's easily a league average skater. Is a HELL of a hitter. Can fight. He'll be around for a while whether you can stand it or not.

You're viewing this as an angry fan right now. Once you get back to logic, I doubt you'll disagree with that (whether you like the guy or not).

Again, this is a guy who has never been a dirty player at any level of the game. Torres was dirty at LITERALLY every level of the game. He was known as a rat when he was drafted.
Do you not think you’re viewing this as (at least somewhat of) a biased fan wanting to support and be optimistic about his teams guy though?

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ

Yeah I've surely missed quite the display so far, with his grand total of a staggering 50 minutes TOI across 10 games. I'm certain I've missed quite a few impressive shifts displaying his edge work and hockey IQ, right bud?

I've seen enough of his "highlights" to make an assessment, you don't have to try and gatekeep on that one. He'll wash out before the end of next season once the act gets old and his play starts to hurt the Rags in the standings.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

I'm happy for you I guess.

Which has to do what with the Leafs? The hit today was bad. The hit against you guys was spectacular and I hope he does it over and over and over. Clean and gorgeous.

They just don't watch him like we do. He can play in this league.
Yeah, unless he gets hurt, he'll be around.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Which has to do what with the Leafs? The hit today was bad. The hit against you guys was spectacular and I hope he does it over and over and over. Clean and gorgeous.

I never said anything about the Leafs. Did you respond to the wrong poster?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yeah I've surely missed quite the display so far, with his grand total of a staggering 50 minutes TOI across 10 games. I'm certain I've missed quite a few impressive shifts displaying his edge work and hockey IQ, right bud?

I've seen enough of his "highlights" to make an assessment, you don't have to try and gatekeep on that one. He'll wash out before the end of next season once the act gets old and his play starts to hurt the Rags in the standings.

OK, then. Keep thinking that, DF.

I never said anything about the Leafs, you did.

. . . I know. I did. Like, is that supposed to be news to me?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Probably, they'll likely have shut down several guys by then and certainly won't need to be worrying about points.

They're going to "send a message" and it's going to be stupid.
I would anticipate guys like Fox and Panarin being held out of a game like that, likely. Depends on if the Devils want to just try and injure guys for the sake of it or want to actually try to play tough hockey.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014

I'm assuming you have a new favourite player because people are upset he's going to injury a guy? To each their own.
I feel like the excited anticipation for another dirty hit pretty much tells anyone what they need to know about the entire mindset here lol.

Reactions: Devilsfan118

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I don’t know how to explain this any further.

The only dirty hit he’s had was tonight, though. What was the other?

Well, I hope he enjoys the suspensions and 5 minute majors coming his way if he doesn't change his game.

Tom Wilson changed his game after a few suspensions and I assume Rempe will too.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
I mean they are going to lose the "sending the message" game also.
All it takes is one hit on a valuable player. I'm not endorsing this, but it's not hard to catch a guy like Panarin over the course of a game if a goon's sole intent is to hurt him. It's bad hockey but we're watching it in real time with Rempe.

Devils have a couple AHLers with size that I'm sure would love to collect an NHL paycheck for a few weeks. Nolan Foote come on down, and bring those elbows with you.

Bad for the sport.

• Haha
Reactions: rangersfansince08

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
All it takes is one hit on a valuable player. I'm not endorsing this, but it's not hard to catch a guy like Panarin over the course of a game if a goon's sole intent is to hurt him. It's bad hockey but we're watching it in real time with Rempe.

Devils have a couple AHLers with size that I'm sure would love to collect an NHL paycheck for a few weeks.

I can’t see you guys going that route when we have Trouba and Rempe. I can’t see the Devils being dumb enough to put their own guys in harm’s way.

Reset, retool, and try to get tougher next year. But if they are dumb enough to play games, I would assume they’ll get the same in return.

Which is why I can’t see it.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

Devils have a couple AHLers with size that I'm sure would love to collect an NHL paycheck for a few weeks.
Not going to happen. The tough guys will fight each other if anything. That's about it.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad