Matthew Rempe elbowing on Jonas Siegenthaler (suspended 4 games)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
You're telling me running around injuring people and dragging his knuckles is his reformed game?!? How freaking useless was he before this, my goodness? This is actually hilarious to me, but good on him for collecting an NHL paycheck for a few months. Gotta do what ya gotta do I guess to be relevant.

Speaks to your character as well, but that's in full display here so I'll leave it at that. I also grew up loving Scott Stevens so a bit of hypocrisy on my part but I've matured with age (something I'd recommend, friend).

And again, you keep taking these shots at the Devils culture - is anyone arguing against that? This team is soft as shit lol, I don't think there's a single Devils fan that would deny it. They have major, major work to do. I just hope they don't enlist some absolute goon who lives to hurt people to do it.

Useless? He was a big guy with some skill. He wasn't useless but that wasn't making the big leagues. At 18, he was a mediocre big center.

Like, do you want me to just walk you through his growth as a prospect? I don't have time to educate you on the guy.

Also, what is wrong with my character? Do tell. I think this hit was awful and I hope he's suspended for it. I also am glad he showed restraint and didn't put Hischier in a hospital. Please, do take more weird, unfounded personal shots at me while I sit here and smile.

The only beauty is he wasn't taught that it's a textbook charge so he will do it again against a team not called the Toronto Maple Leafs and as such will get penalized.

He will learn, so will you.
Nah. It was a gorgeous hit. It's not charging when you're gliding before impact. You may want to check the rules again.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah, I kind of do. If Rempe threw that hit as a Devil and hit, say, Fox?

I'd want whoever we had who could throw them skating through anyone to get to him. Are you kidding?

Maybe that's the difference between the teams at this point. That's exactly what the Rangers would do for one of their players. That you think this would be a bad thing is a reflection on the team's culture.
The rangers didnt do much to Tom Wilson when Panarin was getting handled.

What makes you think they'd run over a ref to get to a player.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The rangers didnt do much to Tom Wilson when Panarin was getting handled.

What makes you think they'd run over a ref to get to a player.

You're God damn right they didn't back then. And it was a disgrace. It was utterly pathetic of them to not do more.

You're kind of proving my point, here. That wouldn't happen in 2024. They were a pushover back then. No different than the 2024 Devils in that regard.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
The only beauty is he wasn't taught that it's a textbook charge so he will do it again against a team not called the Toronto Maple Leafs and as such will get penalized.

He will learn, so will you.
A) I was agreeing with you that it was a charge (thought saying he jumped was obvious) and said it was a beauty in a sarcastic manner

B) I don't agree with your Leafs pity party

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
“In my view” clearly has a minority point of view. His AHL 96 PIM doesn’t make him out to be the alter boy you keep incessantly citing in this OP either.

That type of play is NOT needed in today’s or the even the rougher NHL I’ve watched for over 60 years.
60 years? Ever watch scott stevens?

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Youre gonna be waiting well into the 2030’s

Yeah, unless he gets injured, Rempe is going to be a NHLer for a while. Guys that big with wheels that good do not just go away. It's seriously shocking what a good skater he is for his size. I mean, he's easily league average as a skater. But he's 6 foot f***ing 8 and 245-250 pounds.

He's Right Tackle height and Linebacker weight.

The idea that a guy built like that who can skate like he can will just be out of the league is silly. He'll be around for a while unless he gets injured. And he should fight less to preserve his head.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Textbook example of charge.

- more than 3 strides (he took 5)
- both feet leave the ice which means he jumped into it.

Charging in hockey is when a player charges an opponent and makes contact with them, whether it be by skating, or jumping, into them. This can occur anywhere on the ice, and what differentiates it from a standard body check, is the distance traveled to make the hit.

The general rule of thumb is that if a player hits another from three or more skating strides away, it will likely be called a charging. However, it is at the referee’s discretion to determine what that “distance” is.

It was against the Leafs though so it gets ignored.
There are no “number of strides” clauses in the charging rule. There is no “leave your feet” clause in the charging rule.

You are wrong.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Useless? He was a big guy with some skill. He wasn't useless but that wasn't making the big leagues.

Like, do you want me to just walk you through his growth as a prospect? I don't have time to educate you on the guy.

Also, what is wrong with my character? Do tell. I think this hit was awful and I hope he's suspended for it. I also am glad he showed restraint and didn't put Hischier in a hospital. Please, do take more weird, unfounded personal shots at me while I sit here and smile.

Let me simplify it for you - if this is his "developed" state, he probably belongs in the AHL or a beer league somewhere. But since the rags are an absolute wagon this year, his selfish and reckless play hasn't cost the team so he's been allowed to stick around as a "glue guy" that the team can collectively laugh at. Don't worry I'm sure he's a great room guy too.

I don't care to do deep dives on the history of plugs. Too busy nowadays, I'm sure you understand as someone who presumably has some obligations in life as well.

Keep on smiling, you're getting all the attention you're seeking tonight. And shame on me, I'm feeding into it.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Let me simplify it for you - if this is his "developed" state, he probably belongs in the AHL or a beer league somewhere. But since the rags are an absolute wagon this year, his selfish and reckless play hasn't cost the team so he's been allowed to stick around as a "glue guy" that the team can collectively laugh at. Don't worry I'm sure he's a great room guy too.

I don't care to do deep dives on the history of plugs. Too busy nowadays, I'm sure you understand as someone who presumably has some obligations in life as well.

Keep on smiling, you're getting all the attention you're seeking tonight. And shame on me, I'm feeding into it.

Once again, the guy is a league average or better skater at 6'8" and 250 pounds. And he can hit. And he can fight. And he can keep up with the play. And he knows when to screen the goalie and when not. He can do all of the basics AND he's built like a literal brick shithouse (not figurative).

The idea that you think a f***ing prototype like that would be out of the league other than for injury is silly. I mean, you're just not being serious right now.

He's going to be a lot of fun for you guys going forward.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Many of us (myself included) thought it was a bad hit live. Live, I literally said he should be suspended 1-3 games.

Upon replay, it was a bad call. Hence the lack of any kind of supplemental discipline from the league.
Confirming it was a clean hit due to no suspension from the NHL is pretty funny considering how much issue the rangers fans had with Wilson facing no suspension for assaulting Panarin.

The NHL Department of Safety is a joke.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Once again, the guy is a league average or better skater at 6'8" and 250 pounds. And he can hit. And he can fight. And he can keep up with the play. And he knows when to screen the goalie and when not. He can do all of the basics AND he's built like a literal brick shithouse (not figurative).

The idea that you think a f***ing prototype like that would be out of the league other than for injury is silly. I mean, you're just not being serious right now.

He's going to be a lot of fun for you guys going forward.
I've gotta ditch the phone here in a minute, but there is zero chance this guy is rostered in March of 2025. Zero.

You are viewing this goon through tinted glasses, which I would expect of a fan. But it's silly to think this sub-replacement level plug is going to carve out a career because he's a physical freak.

The next and final matchup of the season will be fun, for sure. If he's still around, he'd best keep his head on a swivel because I expect a Devils team with nothing to lose to do something equally stupid.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I've gotta ditch the phone here in a minute, but there is zero chance this guy is rostered in March of 2025. Zero.

You are viewing this goon through tinted glasses, which I would expect of a fan. But it's silly to think this sub-replacement level plug is going to carve out a career because he's a physical freak.

The next and final matchup of the season will be fun, for sure. If he's still around, he'd best keep his head on a swivel because I expect a Devils team with nothing to lose to do something equally stupid.
Devils would be much smarter to just target the skill players of New York.

Doing that will get them asking for Rempe to reel it in.

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
He could also get suspended out of the league like Raffi Torres did if he doesn’t figure out how play within the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad