Player Discussion Matthew Poitras

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

I like the "whip" on his wrist shot. The way he can torque his shoulder/hips quickly

What he did on the 1st goal.... anticipate/intercept the pass and whip a beauty shot for a goal. Stylistically reminds me of Kadri on that goal

Need to see more. 2004 born. Very young still

Another goal

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
have to think Dom has seen this kid play often
He wrote a piece on him earlier this year that someone shared. Seems to conflict with the other scouting reports that he needs to work on his skating though. Time will tell.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Undersized with Foot speed trouble for a center scares me. He is a hard two way worker, hopefully he works on that speed. Definitely will need it to get to the NHL to play center
he`ll need to work on trying to gain separation speed is what I get from this article. When it comes to skating, unless a guy is painfully slow, I don`t worry, under the right guidance players can always improve that aspect

Dom`s

He wrote a piece on him earlier this year that someone shared. Seems to conflict with the other scouting reports that he needs to work on his skating though. Time will tell.

from this article (not written by Dom) it speaks to his lack of separation speed which is much different than being a poor skater. Skating, IMO, is something anyone can improve upon under the right guidance

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I feel like a lot of scouting reports that say a kid isn't a great skater probably need to be taken with a grain of salt anyway. Like...not every player is skating a full bore all the time. Maybe they just caught a game where he never really needed to turn on the jets?

Krejci & Bergeron were never known as great skaters but can turn it on when they need to. I remember reading mixed things about Studnicka's skating after he was picked and then was stunned at how fast he is when he made it to the NHL. This seems like one of the most inconsistently reported traits in scouting reports largely because skating is so situational and on such a sliding scale depending on the flow of play.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Don't know anything about him, but the scouting reports had him going from a late 1st to late 2nd; which is where he fell.

Don't know anything about him except the reports, so if you have opinions about him, I'm curious to hear it. He went #54, so it's kind of on par to these, maybe SLIGHTLY earlier, unless there was a guy you would have preferred still there. (I'm personally not in the know past the 1st round, so I like hearing opinions)

From the link you sent:

Ranked #78 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM

Ranked #45 by FCHOCKEY

Ranked #74 by TSN/BOB McKENZIE

Ranked #73 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY

Ranked #87 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON

Ranked #45 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters)

Ranked #81 by RECRUIT SCOUTING

Ranked #59 by DOBBERPROSPECTS

Ranked #53 by DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY

Ranked #75 by SMAHT SCOUTING

Ranked #71 by THE PUCK AUTHORITY
61 Redline
89 The Greek
64 LG'S super list

We'll see next week what his skating actually is

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Poitras loses the puck... but ...what an epic recovery. I dont think I remember seeing a diving stick lift before

can`t teach effort, great recovery

From dom.

excellent insight as always from our Hf insider

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
If he can't go back to the CHL and put up big numbers post draft year I'm going to be worried.

I really want to see a center we took early do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad