Player Discussion Matthew Poitras

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
I did say it could be matchups, but I’m less convinced of that because he did well as the 2c with DeBrusk and Geekie. Marchand was with Pasta during that stretch so he drew 2nd line matchups and was fine.

I’m more inclined to believe it’s either chemistry or he’s deferring. My money is on chemistry. Poitras is a possession guy, it would make sense for him to be more comfortable with guys who are used to playing off the puck. Marchand has the puck a lot. Pasta has the puck a lot… Freddie, on the other hand, is used to playing off a guy who has the puck a lot. DeBrmusk is used to playing off guys who have the puck a lot.
I completely agree. Pasta didn't seem to make much effort to create space when they played together. Potsy actually reminds me a bit of Krech. He has the ability to carry the puck over the blue line, allowing his teammates to find openings and make the pass to them.

Similar to Potsy, Marchand also excels at creating chances, but he is more inclined to take shots. Potsy could certainly benefit from observing Marshy's techniques, such as his agility, explosiveness, and ability to use his smaller stature to his advantage.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I completely agree. Pasta didn't seem to make much effort to create space when they played together. Potsy actually reminds me a bit of Krech. He has the ability to carry the puck over the blue line, allowing his teammates to find openings and make the pass to them.

Similar to Potsy, Marchand also excels at creating chances, but he is more inclined to take shots. Potsy could certainly benefit from observing Marshy's techniques, such as his agility, explosiveness, and ability to use his smaller stature to his advantage.
He isn’t as strong on the skates as Brad

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Please continue here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad