Matthew Knies

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Boy they really missed that one. Bennett forearm came in and cold cocked him right in the face. There is a reason he left that hockey game and never came back. That was a violent play to the head. Definite suspension they need to pursue this. You also have to factor in the player Sam Bennett so we can assume that is no accident or 'hockey play.'

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The worst part was the our teams reaction to that. For the longest time they did nothing, they actually collapsed and lost the lead after. They should have been mad and beat up on them.

Was a strange reaction, just saying.

• Haha
Reactions: ottawa and Chindis

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
One was significantly harder and more deliberate.

They’re both available on YouTube if you’d like to watch them.
last I checked crosschecks to the head get you a suspension or at the very least a fine....doesnt matter how "hard" it was. Engvall got a suspension...the f***ing softest player in the league for making a play to the head with his stick.

You don't have to defend the league with your life you know...

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Boy they really missed that one. Bennett forearm came in and cold cocked him right in the face. There is a reason he left that hockey game and never came back. That was a violent play to the head. Definite suspension they need to pursue this. You also have to factor in the player Sam Bennett so we can assume that is no accident or 'hockey play.'
For sure.

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
I feel sorry for the kid… he was up for a rough checking game… don’t think he expected to get bashed like that.

Reactions: leafs in five

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
The Tkachuk elbow is imho definitely something that needs to be looked at. Watched it quite a few times after the game and it was an elbow straight to the head. Brought his elbow up to make head contact and was the only part of Knies body that he hit. Was just as dirty as Bunting suspension worthy head shot to me

Reactions: Dr C

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
The worst part was the our teams reaction to that. For the longest time they did nothing, they actually collapsed and lost the lead after. They should have been mad and beat up on them.

Was a strange reaction, just saying.
No that's the typical leaf reaction

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
Absolutely pathetic that someone hasn't fed Bennett a butt end to the chops already. This leafs team is butter soft.

Reactions: horner

horner

May 22, 2007
Hope he is back next game

Schenn beneath or Tkachuk take one of them out

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
I don’t really understand how Bunting gets a 3 game suspension for lifting his shoulder into a guy’s head and injuring him while Bennett can punch a guy in the head, wrap his arm around his face, and throw him head first into the ice behind the play intentionally injuring one of our best players without even a penalty. This works because isn’t wearing a Maple Leafs logo.

I need to take a break from watching this league for awhile after this year. Terrible leadership and tired of being gaslit like there’s nothing wrong.

If we’re going to lose, I hope we can at least see Tkachuk or Bennett lying motionless on the ice and in for a 2-3 month long recovery.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I need to take a break from watching this league for awhile after this year. Terrible leadership and tired of being gaslit like there’s nothing wrong.

If we’re going to lose, I hope we can at least see Tkachuk or Bennett lying motionless on the ice and in for a 2-3 month long recovery.
When you start wishing deliberate long term injury to opposing players, yes, it's time for you to take a break.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Seek help, it's a game. One you have no involvement in.

Jesus.

20 year old rookie gets elbowed in the head intentionally, followed by another player punching him in the face and Undertaker choke slamming him into the ice behind the play causing injury. Then the same player that does that cross checks another guy in the neck…

“Hey, it’s just a game! Way she goes!”

Knowing those players won’t be dealt with by the league so then hoping for a karmic event where those players get what’s coming to them…

“You sick bastard - seek help!”

Disagree with me, that’s fine. But get over yourself.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $681.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 2