Matthew Knies

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
it was his first goal...

Knies is decent in the O-zone, but a liability everyplace else.
he is still too weak on his skates and with his stick
he doesnt use his body to 'lean' on anyone, or throw a hit
he is still 'learning' the game, and i hope he is used properly, or there will be more goals scored when he's on the ice.
Man has an xGF% of 59% 5 on 5.

5 goals for, 3 against. For reference matthews has the highest xGF% at 59.9%, and has 6 GF and 5 GA.

Dude hasnt even played 10 games in the NHL yet...

You ever wonder why ROR doesn't seem as effective after that 3 game winning streak? Well Knies was on his line that entire time and was then taken off of it and that line has pretty hot garbage since.

Also he has 14 hits in 6 games.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
it was his first goal...

he is still 'learning' the game, and i hope he is used properly, or there will be more goals scored when he's on the ice.
Believe it or not, Knies has actually played hockey games in his life before getting to the Leafs. Also, your analysis of his game is pretty bad unfortunately

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Knies has made a couple crucial mistakes on the defensive end, I can think of two that led to direct goals. But what did you really expect from someone coming straight from college and into the NHL playoffs. Not to mention the pros definitely outweigh the cons here.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
it was his first goal...

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Finally someone clipped this. The idea that Knies is soft is asinine. Big and tough Radko Gudas tried to hit Knies and he bounced off him.

Yes Knies has been caught with a few good hits but he’s a 20 year old rookie who’s still getting used to the league. Give him a couple of years of development and growth and he’ll be even more of a problem physically.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Man were some posters so wrong about Knies impact in the NHL, let alone NHL playoffs.
I was sure he wasn't going to be as impactful as he has been.

I said that if you're leaning on this kid, you're in trouble.

And now I'm not sure about that comment at all.

He's been absolutely fantastic for a guy just playing his 10 NHL game....

He skates like Auston a lot, and his ability to protect the puck is amazing.

I see a line of 23 - 34 - 16 absolutely dominating the NHL next year or so....

He can be a much, much better version of Hyman with more strength and better hands.

The future is bright for this guy.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Why is everyone making him sound like some sort of defensive liability lol?

He’s no defensive stalwart (yet) but he’s been passable. Hustles back hard and has a good stick. Had a couple bad giveaways, but those are far from the norm.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Knies has made a couple crucial mistakes on the defensive end, I can think of two that led to direct goals. But what did you really expect from someone coming straight from college and into the NHL playoffs. Not to mention the pros definitely outweigh the cons here.
The thing is, everyone in the NHL makes mistakes lmao. Its not just rookies that do. Like just last game we saw Brodie and McCabe be direct causes of goals against.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Believe it or not, Knies has actually played hockey games in his life before getting to the Leafs. Also, your analysis of his game is pretty bad unfortunately
actually, its pretty dead accurate.
there is no doubt that he will be an outstanding player, but, he's still 'weak'.
Defensively, he is not ready to play in his own zone in the playoffs against top line players, or stronger players.

Man has an xGF% of 59% 5 on 5.

5 goals for, 3 against. For reference matthews has the highest xGF% at 59.9%, and has 6 GF and 5 GA.

Dude hasnt even played 10 games in the NHL yet...

You ever wonder why ROR doesn't seem as effective after that 3 game winning streak? Well Knies was on his line that entire time and was then taken off of it and that line has pretty hot garbage since.

Also he has 14 hits in 6 games.
Holl always had a bunch of 'hits' but all season long, he maybe made 2 hits that the opposing player actually felt.
hits are too liberally handed out, any physical contact no matter how minimal, is a 'hit'
they dont need to be clean you clock hits, but, they shouldnt be bounce off the guy without him knowing you ever toughed him either.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Exactly as advertised..a future 2nd/3rd line winger.

aka the 23/24 Bunting Replacement

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Bunting suspension was the *ONLY* reason we are seeing him this playoffs.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
f*** this team has some tough luck with it's tough prospects in recent years .. Robertsons, Knies, Amirov ... heck even Lily and Sandin had injuries through their way.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00