Matthew Knies

MattyKniesFan

Mar 30, 2023
I’m not surprised his game has translated to the NHL. Size, good hands, toughness to win puck battles on the boards, and good skating is a rare combo. The scoring will come. When he joined the Gophers as a freshman it took a bit of time before his offensive skill started to shine. But in the meantime I’m impressed that he’s mature enough to know he has other attributes to make a positive impact on a team with high aspirations.

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
Kid joined the team at the right time… he was a 1 year old last time we won a playoff round.

Joins the team one week before the playoffs and boom, we win.

Reactions: authentic

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Kid joined the team at the right time… he was a 1 year old last time we won a playoff round.

Joins the team one week before the playoffs and boom, we win.

On the ice for all 3 of our OT winners! This is just the beginning. People can't wait to see Knies in a few years, but I can't wait to see Knies in the 2nd round! Let's goooo

horner

May 22, 2007
Knies is getting better with each shift , he's Stating to add a physical element to his game .
Great at striping pucks from players
One thing I have noticed when he makes a mistake the next shift he goes full on effort to make up for it

We have a stud on our hands

One of the top rookie next year

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Matthews, Marner, O'Reilly, Tavares, Nylander, Knies - best top 6 in leafs history??
Not really your top 6...

And Knies is still figuring it out of course, so as of right now I doubt highly doubt the top six is the best they've ever had.

As a Knies fan, curious who his lineys will end up being long term. I was hoping for Matthews and Marner.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
He’s getting better and better with each passing game. The physicality is slowly coming now which wasn’t in his game the first few games which is nice to see.

This is going to be huge experience for his development coming into training camp next season.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
He’s getting better and better with each passing game. The physicality is slowly coming now which wasn’t in his game the first few games which is nice to see.

This is going to be huge experience for his development coming into training camp next season.

The regular season should be a cakewalk for him after this

Not really your top 6...

And Knies is still figuring it out of course, so as of right now I doubt highly doubt the top six is the best they've ever had.

As a Knies fan, curious who his lineys will end up being long term. I was hoping for Matthews and Marner.

It's easily the best top 6 they've ever had. When have we had a top 4 on the level of Matthews + Marner + Tavares + Nylander? Who would the 5th and 6th forwards have been that would make up for that?

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Can't decide if my next jersey will be a super cheap low-quality knock-off Knies or a super cheap low-quality knock-off Samsonov.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Can't decide if my next jersey will be a super cheap low-quality knock-off Knies or a super cheap low-quality knock-off Samsonov.
I'd predict Knies will have the longer career here if that helps.

Reactions: banks

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
He's a young bull. That cycle game with JT to win the Tampa series was just unbelievable for a rookie.
I definitely like him and JT together the most. I haven't seen much with him and Matthews. Maybe Bunting on the other side too.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Ahhh the Leafs knock offs are so bad. Not even the right colour.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
I screamed out loud when he scored last night. Classic Knies type goal going hard to the net. Loved it.
it was his first goal...

Knies is decent in the O-zone, but a liability everyplace else.
he is still too weak on his skates and with his stick
he doesnt use his body to 'lean' on anyone, or throw a hit
he is still 'learning' the game, and i hope he is used properly, or there will be more goals scored when he's on the ice.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
it was his first goal...

Knies is decent in the O-zone, but a liability everyplace else.
he is still too weak on his skates and with his stick
he doesnt use his body to 'lean' on anyone, or throw a hit
he is still 'learning' the game, and i hope he is used properly, or there will be more goals scored when he's on the ice.

People have watched him while he was a Gopher...

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
You have to love the impact Knies had made in the playoffs, he might be among the Leafs more dangerous and effective.

Knies as a powerforward despite a rookie doesn't seem like the game or the style is too big for him..

I would worry about a little Nick Robertson surviving a physical series.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00