Matthew Knies

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
I think Jesus was the one who said “an eye for an eye” so I’m guessing he might disagree with you.
ummn, nope, what you are referring to was in Exodus, Jesus said the following
You heard that it was said: ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ However, I say to you: Do not resist the one who is wicked, but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other also to him.
so, in fact, if you quote Jesus, you are committing to non-violence

LeafLoyalist

Oct 13, 2015
I don’t really understand how Bunting gets a 3 game suspension for lifting his shoulder into a guy’s head and injuring him while Bennett can punch a guy in the head, wrap his arm around his face, and throw him head first into the ice behind the play intentionally injuring one of our best players without even a penalty. This works because isn’t wearing a Maple Leafs logo.

I need to take a break from watching this league for awhile after this year. Terrible leadership and tired of being gaslit like there’s nothing wrong.

If we’re going to lose, I hope we can at least see Tkachuk or Bennett lying motionless on the ice and in for a 2-3 month long recovery.
It was a direct elbow to the head of an unsuspected player, the play with Bennett and Knies was a playoff hockey battle. Lafferty did the same thing to Gudas soon after, embarrassing for Leaf fans to be crying over things that were accepted as 'playoff hockey' if it was reversed. Leafs need to play better, outplayed in Tampa series except for 1 game, and outplayed in first 2 games against Florida. Was it the refs again, or because the ice was slippery.

GojuLeaf

May 3, 2010
It was a direct elbow to the head of an unsuspected player, the play with Bennett and Knies was a playoff hockey battle. Lafferty did the same thing to Gudas soon after, embarrassing for Leaf fans to be crying over things that were accepted as 'playoff hockey' if it was reversed. Leafs need to play better, outplayed in Tampa series except for 1 game, and outplayed in first 2 games against Florida. Was it the refs again, or because the ice was slippery.
Nah if Gudas was Injured Lafferty would've been suspended and fined after the fact by the league who never misses a chance to give the leafs their due.

LeafLoyalist

Oct 13, 2015
Nah if Gudas was Injured Lafferty would've been suspended and fined after the fact by the league who never misses a chance to give the leafs their due.
If that were true Reilly should have been given a 5 min major and suspended for 3 on the Point hit.......he got away unscathed which was very fortunate for Toronto

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario

Not even close to the same thing. Lafferty wraps his arm around Gudas’ shoulder and tosses him to the ice.

Bennett not only punches Knies in the face on the initial contact, he then proceeds to wrap his arm around his head and slam him into the ice by the head causing an injury.

Stop gaslighting people.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
If that were true Reilly should have been given a 5 min major and suspended for 3 on the Point hit....
They tried. Only problem was that Rielly didn't do anything on that play and they couldn't even make up a penalty on review it was so clean. So they just gave Rielly a penalty for having his face driven into the ice and given two black eyes and a bloodied face instead.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Man I wish we would have went hard after Tkachuk when he was available. Knies - Matthews - Tkachuk would have been awesome to see haha

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

Not even close to the same thing. Lafferty wraps his arm around Gudas’ shoulder and tosses him to the ice.

Bennett not only punches Knies in the face on the initial contact, he then proceeds to wrap his arm around his head and slam him into the ice by the head causing an injury.

Stop gaslighting people.

He also made sure to slam Knies’ head into the glass before driving him to the ice for good measure.

As usual we’re being gaslit by the league and other hockey fans about what our eyes are telling us and how the DoP”S” operates. Bennett’s play is as dirty as dirty gets, every action he takes is a calculated move to damage Knies’ head as much as possible.

If this was Bunting pulling this shit the media, league, and other fans would have zero problem calling it out for what it is. But it’s a Leaf opponent doing this so the DoPS will remain silent while the Sportsnet panel literally laughs about our injuries. f*** this league and f*** Rogers.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Man I wish we would have went hard after Tkachuk when he was available. Knies - Matthews - Tkachuk would have been awesome to see haha

If Tkachuk was on the leafs and did what he did last night (headshots on Gio and Knies), all of the talk today would be about how many games he’s going to be suspended for. There would be a 7-minute segment on Sportsnet/TSN about it and asking the question if Sheldon Keefe can trust him to play a clean game so he doesn’t hurt this team with penalties/suspensions. That’s the reality of it.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Its stupid shit like this that makes me lose more interest in the NHL every year. Its just such a clown run organization. Like imagine having someone whos job was to beat people up be the head of your Department of player safety. He has a clothing line that promotes and cheers on uncalled for violence. Haven't given them a dime in a couple of years (zero leafs merch purchased, no games, don't pay for a subscription to watch etc) and I won't be giving them a dime for many more years to come. This league hates Canada and takes what we give them for granted.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
If Tkachuk was on the leafs and did what he did last night (headshots on Gio and Knies), all of the talk today would be about how many games he’s going to be suspended for. There would be a 7-minute segment on Sportsnet/TSN about it and asking the question if Sheldon Keefe can trust him to play a clean game so he doesn’t hurt this team with penalties/suspensions. That’s the reality of it.
Very true, but you can’t say that wouldn’t be one heck of an all Arizona line lol

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
So I guess throwing a players head into the birds and then again into the ice is legal? No penalty no hearing no thing?

Cool. Dress Simmonds and have run around and do it to every f***ing panther player sunday.

• Haha
Reactions: ottawa

Matthews4Calder

Nov 27, 2016
BC Western Canada
Is it really warranted? Looks like two guys getting tangled up, and Bennett making sure Knies comes down with him. Minor for holding or roughing if anything.
Not too sure about that one to me looks like Bennett rammed his head into the ice and that doesn't surprise me as I think he's sneaky dirty. Bennett knew what he was doing.

Matthews4Calder

Nov 27, 2016
BC Western Canada
Outplayed by Florida? All I'm reading is Bobrovsky being the only reason Florida is up.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
If Knies is on any other team that is a suspension for Bennett. Intent to injury, puck is gone and targeting the head of a rookie after several similar plays to try to injury opponents already this series.

It's outrageous

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $681.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 2