Matthew Knies

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
"gritty and clean"? If you ain't cheatin, you ain't trying. There is no "rough him up but be clean about it" There is only "rough him up but don't take a penalty" Which doesn't mean clean. It means to do as much as you can without the refs noticing. They are going to punch, face rake, spear, jab, trip, kick, knee, elbow and headbutt as much as they can without the ref seeing it.

They also call each other bad names. Things you wouldn't want your children to hear on tv.

That's the game.
Oh yah there is. You might want to watch closer.

However just because you actively try to lower the bar doesn't mean don't push back when the times right that's clean because it's smart. Marchant has gone from dirty to clean. For example he's also increased his value, age will take him down and he will become dirty. Check out the leading PIM leaders in the playoffs career for Pittsburgh Penguins 🙌 all the top 5 are players you want on the ice. That's not how you win, Jackie Robinson would be a great example, most of the toughest are at that level. Look at Luke Nukem he knows he can take it, so he lines them up. Any extra guesto he puts is how you make them pay. Even Don Cherry would say you hit to hurt not to maim.

Last edited:

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

CATCHING UP WITH LEAFS SUPER ROOKIE MATTHEW KNIES | Leafs Morning Take - June 12th

The Leafs Nation

The Stanley Cup Final may still be going on but that hasn’t stopped the NHL rumour mill from churning. Join Nick Alberga & Jay Rosehill as they discuss the very latest on and off the ice around the league. Also, Matthew Knies stops by for his second appearance on Leafs Morning Take.

Zur En Arrh

Apr 16, 2022
Still makes me laugh at all the posts I've seen the past 2 years goin on about how this guy is a 4th liner, 3rd liner max because he didnt go well over a ppg in the ncaa.
Yet every teams fanbase wanted him for scraps that " we would be lucky to get" suck it hf! Kids a stud

Reactions: supermann_98

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Still makes me laugh at all the posts I've seen the past 2 years goin on about how this guy is a 4th liner, 3rd liner max because he didnt go well over a ppg in the ncaa.

In a majority of the games he's played so far including the playoffs he's been one of the best players for either team. He basically has all the tools so it hasn't surprised me at all.

Reactions: Menzinger

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

People will form crazy firm opinions on guys they've barely seen play, especially looking at a couple macro stats. Not to mention even with those, his goal scoring output made steady improvement. But so many folks assumptions about his playing style too have been way off

Knies has the potential to develop into a very special player for the team

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Where is that prediction thread again?

All those predictions of ~40 points are looking kind of "I don't wanna overestimate the kid and be disappointed."

I'll go on the record right now and say Knies is getting atleast 70 points with PP time/top-6 this season, Bertuzzi is gonna get hurt at some point and this kid gets the call beside 34/16. Yeah it's preseason I get it but it's a gamble worth taking. It's a hockey IQ thing and he just seems to have it.

Reactions: authentic

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Where is that prediction thread again?

All those predictions of ~40 points are looking kind of "I don't wanna overestimate the kid and be disappointed."

I'll go on the record right now and say Knies is getting atleast 70 points with PP time/top-6 this season, Bertuzzi is gonna get hurt at some point and this kid gets the call beside 34/16. Yeah it's preseason I get it but it's a gamble worth taking. It's a hockey IQ thing and he just seems to have it.

I wanted to have Knies on the top line and Bertuzzi helping with depth scoring, but after watching more of Knies, I honestly think he may help get the puck more to Tavares than anyone outside of Marner.

Great board work, has slick hands in tight, and can retrieve pucks.

Really think he and Tavares will match well and be a handful.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I wanted to have Knies on the top line and Bertuzzi helping with depth scoring, but after watching more of Knies, I honestly think he may help get the puck more to Tavares than anyone outside of Marner.

Great board work, has slick hands in tight, and can retrieve pucks.

Really think he and Tavares will match well and be a handful.

I’d honestly like to see him with Tavares and Lafferty on that third line.

Reactions: notbias

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
There's really no wrong role for Knies to play here, he can play whatever game you want him to and elevate his linemates with his rare and versatile skillset.

That said, I think the best fit for him is in the top 6. He's a guy you want out there as much as possible

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
I know I’ll get laughed at for this but he reminds of Matthews. I’m only talking about the way he moves.

I’m not saying he’s a Hart winning 60 goal scorer lol
This is what I said when I watched him play for the Gophers. Just the way he plays the game at times, especially when along the boards and battling for pucks. Not close in skill level at all but some similarities in play style that are a bit eery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad