Matthew Knies

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
I agree u think the gamblers would start to complain
.how do you have different rules in playoffs its really absurd
My take is how can u bet on a game that top performers in regular season can get mugged hooked held crosschecked at will
It like

Maybe hold back some of the money they pay the poor teams
Tired of 2 sets of rules in the league
The gamblers will complain soon enuff

Wayne Clifford and benn .use them when. Need be
Give extra ice time to the core
The ģamblers may be the reason for the calls. Look who decides extra discipline. You heard it here first!

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Is it worth 5 min penalty, large fine, suspension to insure a stick removes some teeth from Sam Bennett. (Yes)
Can you imagine reaction of Wendell...or Baumgartner or Tiger. In my many many years of watching NHL there have been few deliberate attempts to seriously injure worse than that incident.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Kypreos is right here. If Knies doesn't get injured last night there wouldn't be a second thought about that play behind the net. A missed roughing call perhaps but nobody would be bitching about it today.

There were a bunch of us last night and this morning pissed about the play what are you and Kypreos talking about?

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I am going to dissent a bit. I think it was an immensely dirty play by Bennett, but I also think he made it look 'incidental' enough that I can understand why there is no supplemental discipline. It is like someone like Perry accidentially-on-purpose 'falling' into the goalie. We all know it is goalie interference, but rarely is a penalty ever called on it.

I am a little more peeved at the fact that the crosscheck on Bunting resulted in only a fine. Lafferty's crosscheck in Round 1 deflected off the Tampa player's shoulder pad before making contact with the neck; Bennett's crosscheck was square on the neck. Lafferty has no suspension history; Bennett has a suspension history. Add in the borderline nonsense with Knies and I think a 1-game suspension was warranted.

Am I surprised that he didn't get that? Of course not. George Parros' bias against the Leafs is well-known at this point.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I am going to dissent a bit. I think it was an immensely dirty play by Bennett, but I also think he made it look 'incidental' enough that I can understand why there is no supplemental discipline. It is like someone like Perry accidentially-on-purpose 'falling' into the goalie. We all know it is goalie interference, but rarely is a penalty ever called on it.

I am a little more peeved at the fact that the crosscheck on Bunting resulted in only a fine. Lafferty's crosscheck in Round 1 deflected off the Tampa player's shoulder pad before making contact with the neck; Bennett's crosscheck was square on the neck. Lafferty has no suspension history; Bennett has a suspension history. Add in the borderline nonsense with Knies and I think a 1-game suspension was warranted.

Am I surprised that he didn't get that? Of course not. George Parros' bias against the Leafs is well-known at this point.
yeah I think that should have been at least a game.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Tkachuk also elbowed Knies in the head. No concern about that either.

horner

May 22, 2007
How someone doesn't get a suspension out of that is crazy fick the nhl .
They want Florida in the finals

Plus Bennett Got nothing fir his hit on knies

Protect the players f*** off Betman

If it was Kadri or Bunting 2 games

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Be nice if someone took one for the team and delivered a butt-end in the groin to that ape Bennett. $5000 fine? Okay let me go get my wallet in the car.

But no one will.

Cynical

Aug 23, 2014
It's funny how when it came to the Leafs the league decided to not wait till they heard about the Knies injury before handing out the punishment, while during the Bunting situation they decided to see what the injury was first. Nothing shady about Parros at all lol

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
George Parros is a washed up goon that's in way over his head. The same head that's been punched one time too many

Reactions: WillNy29

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
Kypreos is right here. If Knies doesn't get injured last night there wouldn't be a second thought about that play behind the net. A missed roughing call perhaps but nobody would be bitching about it today.

LOL seems like Kypers concussions are catching up to him. he always has the most brain dead takes

We can't be tossing out suspensions after the fact because of injury. That's a ridiculous standard to go by.
Yet the league indicated that bunting got an extra game for injuring Cernak so there's no consistency

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
It my day in 70s and 80s yes it was ok you could finish a guy along glass with a hit and then use your elbow/hand to smash his head extra in glass .. there was never a penalty called .. it was a normal play in junior or minor pro or pro .. but you can't take a guy down to ice and then ring back of his head off da ice .. if you have ever landed on your head without expecting it you will see stars asap and your legs will be wobbly .. this is what happened to Knies .. in todays hockey he should have pulled a DeBrusk and stayed down on ice for 5 minutes pretending he can't get up .. it forces da refs and leagues hand .. sad but true state of NHL today
I think Knies landing on his side shoulder. He didn't land on his head.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Really hoping Knies recovers and gets back to 100%. Scary thing about head trauma is that it makes you susceptible to concussion issues down the line.

Worst case would be that this cheap shot changes the kid's game and he's afraid to go to the dirty areas.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
I think Knies landing on his side shoulder. He didn't land on his head.

I think you’re right but if you watch the sequence leading up closely you can see that Knies also took a forearm to the jaw right before the go behind the net.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I think you’re right but if you watch the sequence leading up closely you can see that Knies also took a forearm to the jaw right before the go behind the net.
Ya? And? This isn't the icecapades. When players hit each other along the boards, there is gonna be some dirty rough stuff. I want to see Knies play with the same chip on his shoulder. Take this as a learning experience and move forward. Knies has all the natural tools and abilities to be as

We need MORE power forwards, not less. Ktachuck can single handedly change the flow of a game in the playoffs. That kind of hockey is the hockey I like to see. And we have players on our side who can do that. Schenn, RoR, Accari...and Knies once he figures it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Its not your fault

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Ya? And? This isn't the icecapades. When players hit each other along the boards, there is gonna be some dirty rough stuff. I want to see Knies play with the same chip on his shoulder. Take this as a learning experience and move forward. Knies has all the natural tools and abilities to be as

We need MORE power forwards, not less. Ktachuck can single handedly change the flow of a game in the playoffs. That kind of hockey is the hockey I like to see. And we have players on our side who can do that. Schenn, RoR, Accari...and Knies once he figures it out.

I’ve said for years the Leafs need more sandpaper but that doesn’t mean beaning people. You can be gritty and clean.

We have all seen the careers and post career lives of players derailed by concussions and if you’re ok with that at this point you’ll rightly be dismissed as a dinosaur.

The shot Knies took on the way in was directly to the head and should have been a call and/or reviewed later as it was out of sight for the one ice officials because they were facing the glass.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I’ve said for years the Leafs need more sandpaper but that doesn’t mean beaning people. You can be gritty and clean.

We have all seen the careers and post career lives of players derailed by concussions and if you’re ok with that at this point you’ll rightly be dismissed as a dinosaur.

The shot Knies took on the way in was directly to the head and should have been a call and/or reviewed later as it was out of sight for the one ice officials because they were facing the glass.
"gritty and clean"? If you ain't cheatin, you ain't trying. There is no "rough him up but be clean about it" There is only "rough him up but don't take a penalty" Which doesn't mean clean. It means to do as much as you can without the refs noticing. They are going to punch, face rake, spear, jab, trip, kick, knee, elbow and headbutt as much as they can without the ref seeing it.

They also call each other bad names. Things you wouldn't want your children to hear on tv.

That's the game.

LeafLoyalist

Oct 13, 2015
That was a clean hit though... Am I in bizarro land?
Again, in my opinion it looked like a by the rules boarding penalty, Reilly pushes Point a few feet away from the boards. My argument is against the narrative that the refs are against Toronto, if in fact they are, Reilly would have the book thrown at him. He came out unscathed, but should not have.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Watching this series it's clear the one player they could not afford to lose was Kneis. I can't believe I'm saying that out loud but it's true.

The other was Samsanov. They are both out. Leaning on guys like Kerfoot or Jarnkrok at wing now... soft, no jam, no nothing. Both regular season guys having no impact on the playoffs.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Have they given any update on him?
Was it confirmed a concussion or something else?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad